BB Canada > Oops, I guess that wasn't a good strategy

Oops, I guess that wasn't a good strategy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
137923.2 in reply to 137923.1
Date: 03/28/2010 00:59:02
Overall Posts Rated:
I've found that you only really have to suffer for one season when developing players. The way I've done it is to train 3 players but not so that all 3 are rookies at the same time. 3 seasons ago I drafted a good player ahead of my first season in Div II and single position trained him at PG even though it wasn't his best position. Then I ended up tanking when I realised my team was quite poor and got a really good high draft pick. By then the first player I was developing was good enough to be a pretty good Div III player and my team only suffered a little bit when my new rookie played PG, but we were still good enough to get promoted. Then I bought a 3rd player to develop and I played him only in cup/scrimmages but my 2 other developing players were good enough to start in Div II and for my team to be quite successful.

So I think the key is to only have one 18 year old rookie on your team at a time that you are developing so that your team can still be quite successful during the regular season. Oh and don't spend too much on scouting because it is a complete and utter crap shoot. I know I got lucky a couple of times but you might be better off just spending $10k a week and use the money you save to buy players to improve your squad.

This Post:
137923.3 in reply to 137923.2
Date: 03/28/2010 11:59:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I won't be spending 40k ever again. Since I'm in Div 4, with a high bot factor, I'll probably spend 20k rather than 10k. I have a couple million in the bank anyways, so the 10k a week won't hurt. I like the idea of staggering the ages of your trainees, thanks.