Season 6 Changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
40617.21 in reply to 40617.1
Date: 07/28/2008 23:19:36
Overall Posts Rated:
2 weeks to adjust??

is that the 2 weeks that new players are ineligible to play for you during the playoffs?

Im on $400k a game (and thats after a 22-0 - i hate to think what it goes down to after a loss!)

So thats $400k - $160k = $240k +TV = $275k
PR - Staff (thank goodness I still have Max Paine!) - Scouting = Break Even.
Salaries $200k pre update....

Then Cup revenue (was 32.5k against a bot - awaiting for BB3 announcement)

I hope I can still squeeze out $100k a week til the allstar week then break even til the playoffs then a bit more in the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 07/28/2008 23:20:06

This Post:
40617.22 in reply to 40617.12
Date: 07/28/2008 23:25:09
Overall Posts Rated:
we had a salary cap even before. it's just that we were far enough from it to feel its stinky breath.

i think if there was it wasnt enforce or made you feel any sting. as i know as long you have the money to sustain that team and so on you can keep doing it.
=================================================

for instead of making the income less especially for top divisions teams, since i understand being in the top league is tough.

why not make a salary cap same as the nba, before the start of the new season where the relegated left and the new comers come in. by matching the expenses of players we could arrive at a mean or average how would that division fair and by that come up with a salary cap.

so if lets say the average team of a division should be around 150k salaries combine all in all then who goes over the difference will be in sort of a penalty that will be charge to them after the season and give to those relegated as compensation. ( did you know that the nba does give compensation to those teams that sucks as to help with their operation , yes that is where some of that salary cap penalty goes. now you understand why the clippers like loosing then when they havent got brand, maggete and etc )

now it could be a bit harsh if at start a season getting the average, another way is basing it on the average of last season salaries like a mean of the whole division or another way is give the present season till probably a time and get the average of the whole team ( this is hard ).

=================================================

closing the gap of the have and have not is a issue, also its going to get tougher with this how to get ahead from other teams.

This Post:
40617.23 in reply to 40617.20
Date: 07/28/2008 23:28:32
Overall Posts Rated:
If I read correctly you are saying over time as the economy stabilises the 40% figure will be reduced? So we can still plan ahead (even lose money temporarily if we want to keep increasing salaries in the knowledge our gate receipts will likely creep up in order for us to afford these longer term?

One thing that didnt get the mention it deserves is Junior NTs!! I'm definitely going to be applying for a U20/21 job....

This Post:
40617.24 in reply to 40617.17
Date: 07/28/2008 23:31:28
Overall Posts Rated:
at least , i hope now the draft level will advance.. because the changes really not looks good ..
and i think the changes really hurts the big teams.. no advantage from the tv income.. 40% from gates it's insane !! , and what with us..? what about a extra bonus also for the first Divisions ..? we don't have option to promotion somewhere..

i don't know how much large the bonus for promotion .. but now first league teams will attempt to Demotion for come back fast with a large bonus ..

part of the changes really requested .. but part of the changes really unnecessary in my opinion ..

Last edited by Warrior at 07/28/2008 23:33:16

This Post:
40617.26 in reply to 40617.21
Date: 07/28/2008 23:39:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I looked at my math too, and I'm looking at about 25-35k profit per week. In other words I will be running a negative if you don't count tv revenue.

While in the end I may end up better off than a div 2 team, though I really am not sure how, that is not my primary concern.

With these changes I cannot even conceive of any way to make up ground on my competition within the division other than to throw games and pick up a good draft pick or something. How can I hope to improve my team making while not even turning a profit? The changes may function as a normalizing factor for top teams, but for middling div 1 teams it basically ensures the status quo.

One other thing...what about guys who are sitting on huge nest eggs of cash right now? Some people may have just spent money on players unaware of the changes, and now there will be an enormous advantage to guys who just happened to have not spent their money, since they will be the only ones who have any next season.

This Post:
40617.27 in reply to 40617.25
Date: 07/28/2008 23:49:36
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks - just one last point from me!

you mention D1 teams in mature countries (or something to that effect) what about the countries with less established userbases.

Japan is teetering on the edge with on average 11-14 managers in recent months (and now in danger of dropping below 10 soon) Everytime a new manager is placed in our top Division it takes a long time for them to establish a fan base... will attendences of Div 1 sides who quite often face bots/new managers be effected as dramatically as they are today? This is the most unpredictable in my opinion and ticket prices are less relevant for when these teams visit.

Over the course of a season that is a big variance to have to contend with.. and on the subject of users.. the main number seems to have remained fairly stable around 26,000 for a while now.. are there plans to advertise and encourage a new waive of managers and have you a new target userbase for a season from now?

This Post:
40617.28 in reply to 40617.26
Date: 07/28/2008 23:50:18
Overall Posts Rated:
One other thing...what about guys who are sitting on huge nest eggs of cash right now? Some people may have just spent money on players unaware of the changes, and now there will be an enormous advantage to guys who just happened to have not spent their money, since they will be the only ones who have any next season.

Yah, I just dropped $2 million last week on a player with a huge salary to make a playoff run - and I would never have done it if I'd have known this was going to happen...

To be honest, I think any team can be competitive if you manage it smartly enough - I got promoted to Div I after my first full season (3), and even though I didn't stay there long, my team is still strong and competitive in Div II (no matter how much I bitch about it during a losing streak -lol-) and has the capability to promote again...

It just seems like the percentages are really high - we have very weak sponsorship money compared to other games, and the gate doesn't provide that much as it is - it took me a long time to build the money to BUY that player; I had to train and sell a few players - and even then, most of the strong players cost much more that $2M these days. This is going to probably crash the market - anyone with cash left over will go on a bonanza, and prices will drop as nobody will be able to afford the players any more, and all that will happen is that disparity will be created between those who kept or hoarded cash and those who spent.

Whenever major shifts in a market occur, it always unbalances everything - because people spend based around a constant or a known trend. Unpredictability will screw up everyone's economy now and likely wreak havoc.

Advertisement