BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - II.3 > whatcha gonna do when season 52 comes down on you!

whatcha gonna do when season 52 comes down on you!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307501.28 in reply to 307501.27
Date: 02/02/2021 23:53:13
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
five slots in the round of 32, the league is guaranteed to get at least 1 team thru to the sweet 16 and I think maybe 3 could.

This Post:
307501.29 in reply to 307501.27
Date: 02/05/2021 15:12:24
Deronimo
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I got slammed at work and somehow forgot to set a cup lineup (hello fatigue). Probably wouldn't have wonb regardless, but wanted to say congrats to those still in. We have 1/4 the teams currently, 1 behind NBBA. Great work and competition.

Last edited by Hokied at 02/05/2021 15:12:56

This Post:
307501.30 in reply to 307501.29
Date: 02/06/2021 18:31:28
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Pretty slammed myself, and I'm not breaking away from the battle of the blues to post BB2NIGHT though I can let you know that we have the best house band in the business to the mix!

https://youtu.be/cbR5dUJFMPs

This Post:
307501.31 in reply to 307501.30
Date: 02/08/2021 17:10:17
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/E5VMZqgVzRo

Announcer: as we prepare to end the interconference section of the schedule there are still four teams that hold cup asperations. For the rest of the league it's all about getting thru the grind for the end. For some it's getting in position to contend for a shot at the title, for others it's about getting into position to get into the post season, and for the rest of the league it's about trying to survive the grind. Tonight we get one step closer to that end game.

the tigers are still in the cup with a potentially winnable contest on tap, how they choose to handle the chunks will dictate their chances for further advancement.

the storm are seeking to better secure their post season setting while the monsters are trying to get in place for a better relegation assignment.

the nightmare gets to sleep easy with a free lap against the ballstars while their opponent thursday night in the sweet sixteen is liable to be waking in a cold sweat.

the falcons need to string together some wins to avoid the cellar while delta looks to better secure a first round home date

with a two game lead for home court throughout the playoffs ice has to decide if they just want to chill against the suddenly surging iguanas since they have a huge hurdle to try and overcome in the cup

the borg has battled back to respectability now they look to lock in on love

bc has a huge task ahead thurday night, but lots of room to spare in the standings, which could be good news for a deronimo squad steadily improving

while their potential relegation opponent the generals are just looking for something to grab onto in a effort to snap a five game skid, but they could well find themselves biting the bullet against the bullets

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. Lots of action to sort thru on the transfer ticker. Afred and Lee will give you their latest takes and Happy Kyne and the Mirth Makers will get you into the swing of things. So no matter if your season has made you want to sing, or if you've been seeing your favorite team taking the sting it's nothing but a G thing as it's time again for BB2NIGHT....I'm your announcer Jerry Hubbard and now here's your host Barth Gimble.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 02/08/2021 17:10:32

This Post:
307501.32 in reply to 307501.31
Date: 02/10/2021 09:47:40
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
and the generals winter of their discontent continues! six losses in a row longest losing streak I've had in probably 30 seasons! now management gets to look the specter of relegation straight in the eye so if we go down we go down but we will not go gentle into that good night! https://youtu.be/mTv1Dmu5CYc

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 02/10/2021 09:49:17

This Post:
307501.33 in reply to 307501.32
Date: 02/12/2021 18:28:12
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/3He0peADjqI

Tonight's montage is a slow motion slow burn morphing into your mix of offensive and defensive highlights.

Announcer: As we head into the final stretch run the pecking order is very much in place. But with lots left still to play things could still sway in different directions all over the standings. This evening we take one more step in that process

in club red

the nightmare is still in cup contention but is being given the opportunity to gain a game on top standing ice

deronimo and rash duel in a battle for 5th

love looks to potentially put themselves in better postseason position against the bullets

and the still alive tigers tussle with the a falcons squad looking to fly the coop of the cellar

in baby blue

BC is in Katie bar the door mode but the struggling storm looks to work their mojo to get back in the playoff hunt

the iguanas get the free lap against ballstars

delta looks to deal with the chunks to solidify their second place standing

and the borg and generals get it on in a battle for sole possession of the sixth spot

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. Alfred's angle and Lee's way will set the stage for tonight's action. Of course we will reset what happened on the transfer ticker and much more is headed you way so stick and stay as it's time again for BB2NIGHT!!!!

This Post:
307501.34 in reply to 307501.33
Date: 02/16/2021 11:26:42
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/0TCVAl8j218 (ok I am on a Hamilton kick since the kid talked me into getting disney+ and it was the first thing we watched, which in in itself is worth the price of admission alone)

Tonight's montage consist of a collage of the deep ball.

Announcer: As the days start to whittle down to none the plans hopes and dreams across the league die hard. Tonight we move one step closer to that finality.

In big blue

the Generals hit the great white way to challenge the chunks

the iguanas see storm coming to town

the borg looks for the bump of the free lap from ballstars

and BC looks to seal the deal against delta

in club red

ice looks to move one step closer to clinching while monsters is seeking to sneak back in playoff contention

deronimo could well deal the death blow to the falcons

and our last two cup contenders both have tuneups before their Thursday challenge that awaits as the tigers take on love and the nightmare battles bullets

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. We check out the happenings of the transfer ticker, And of course we have a complete preview of the two cup contests coming up in two nights time. So no matter if your team is laying it on the line or appears to have flatlined we will get you ready for another night of great action as it's time again for BB2NIGHT!!!

This Post:
307501.35 in reply to 307501.34
Date: 02/20/2021 13:06:05
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/Hmh89kq8Jso

Tonight's montage shows the frustration felt by those who realize the laws of diminishing returns.

Announcer: As we enter the final fortnight of the season things for the most part are settled. Sure there are a couple of items of business for some but for the most part everyone knows where they stand, and if they are destined to fall.

In club red:

the falcons can start getting ready to clear out their desk, Ice looks not to just make it a mathematical certainty but look to clinch the top spot in the bargain.

the tigers saw their great cup run conclude, now they get ready for the battle of survival, Streetlight also saw their cup run come to a close but they still have designs on improving their lot for the playoffs.

love and deronimo both deal with similar circumstances

and bullets and rash as well have those same situations in play

in big blue

the generals know they cannot sink any lower but getting relief against BC is a monster task

in the one game that does have significant meaning delta and Issaquah meet in a match which most likely will determine who gets to host the other in the first round of the playoffs

borg and storm battle to see which can stay somewhat in the hunt to capture a playoff spot

but alas the chunks get the chance to significantly solidify their position for that final spot with the free lap against ballstars

Sybil seers into her crystal ball. of course we have Lee and Alfred ready for the call and the transfer ticker is a good barometer of who is wanting to stand tall and who is resigned to fall. So don't stall, we got it all as it's time again for BB2NIGHT!!

This Post:
307501.36 in reply to 307501.35
Date: 02/23/2021 11:44:36
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/8B1oIXGX0Io

Tonight's montage grooves with some nice slow motion shots of artistry at the hoop.

Announcer: we move one step closer to the conclusion of another campaign. Lot's of team and individual glory still remains to be secured however.

In big blue

the chunks can take a huge step towards securing the final playoff spot against the storm

the iguanas look to get past the generals in their effort to try and sneak up to second place

the borg looks to continue their battle up the standings but delta looks to deal a death blow to any hopes they have for the playoffs

and BC will officially clinch the top spot with a resounding free lap against ballstars

in club red

love and ice meet in what most likely is a first round playoff preview

though deronimo looks to sneak past streetlight to try and make themselves part of the discussion for the final slot

rash and tigers tussle in a game which in all likely hood will leave the winner in better position for controlling their fate in the relegation series that both will be dealing with

and the bullets look to blast a falcons club that has officially doomed itself to relegation

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. We will take a look at the transfer ticker to see if the outrageous sums being sought are something any of those selling have been able to snooker a bid on. all that and much more is in store as it's time again for BB2NIGHT

This Post:
307501.37 in reply to 307501.36
Date: 03/02/2021 15:16:07
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/x5ED4_LOeEY

Announcer: With the die for the most part cast across the board it looks as if everything is settled as everyone knows where they stand entering the post season. But there is still the formality of the final week of play to contend with. For some a opportunity to try and build momentum, for others a time to try and fine tune for the upcoming battle. So no matter if there is a championship possibly in the future, or if the oncoming light looks to be the train of relegation it's time again for BB2NIGHT!

This Post:
307501.38 in reply to 307501.37
Date: 03/06/2021 11:48:08
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/vATLlSPnGxE

You know old friend, we have been through a lot. Almost 20 seasons in the slaughterhouse, almost all as 'rivals', we have even broken bread together AKA My Dinner With Deronimo that time I had business in your area, hard to believe that was four years ago!

I have always thought of this game having a almost old school 1980's style pro rasslin feel to it in many ways. It seems like there is almost a predestination to the seasons even before they start. And I knew the moment that you ended up on the other side of this ledger that we would have to face off in a proverbial 'loser leave town' situation. Now you can swerve everything and no show this evening and dump yourself into the 6 hole automatically and give Jason the pleasure of his desire to be done with the grind of this death house and I can work with the Tigers, which to be honest MIGHT be a better stylistic matchup for Moi. But that's not what you want is it old boy? No you want to get the pleasure of putting me into my place. Well I got news for you pal, it ain't gonna be that easy! https://youtu.be/_3Z9wYn5nRA

Advertisement