BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307177.36 in reply to 307177.33
Date: 12/20/2020 10:46:12
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Idk how it was back then with the original GE, this current team is from S26 and I player before it too and i can't recall a time when the GE was the way you describe it.

Anyways, feels like Marin stole all the focus from our election here so lets get back to it.
I got time to answer every question, and like you already noticed I can write about those things quite a lot so whatever doubt you have or whatever you wanna know about me and how I work and how I communicate or whatever else, please write it.
I know i'm not local and you barely even know me so I understand I have to put this extra time to answer even some basic questions on me.
I registered two days ago and posted my speech and entered the debate thread here and answered with a lot of details(maybe even too many) so im definitely here to stay and I really believe I can make things better here and if i won't be elected this time, when the USA U21 is in all time low and after winning 2 WC in a row by myself, while im willing to spend as much time as needed and invest myself to this new challenge, then really i dont know what I can do better to have a chance in a country that is not Israel.

and when I just took a peek to see who the candidates are I see you have dropped yourself from consideration. Any comment as to why?

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 12/20/2020 10:47:32

This Post:
307177.39 in reply to 307177.38
Date: 12/20/2020 10:58:29
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Of that I am really surprised to hear, guess you will just have to keep kicking our ass from the holy land

This Post:
307177.40 in reply to 307177.37
Date: 12/20/2020 12:56:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Drought does not equal “all time low”. That would be not making Worlds and final group every single time. All time low would be playing in consolations every other season.

It’s too bad you didn’t meet the threshold to make it to the final vote. It was going to be entertaining at least to see the vote totals.

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
307177.42 in reply to 307177.36
Date: 12/22/2020 16:22:05
Alaska Alphas
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Oregon Omegas
From U21 election rules: “Discussion outside of the designated forums is prohibited. Candidates who canvas for votes by bb-mail or in other forums will be disqualified.”

https://imgur.com/gallery/4NkQY0g

Come on man

Join the BB USA Discord! https://discord.gg/kApjNTK
This Post:
307177.43 in reply to 307177.42
Date: 12/22/2020 18:54:16
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Nick, we go back a lot of years, so I will not pull punches to you, or to anyone else who cares.

Did I canvas???

well technically no, if you want to go by the spelling and said definition therein.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canvas

Oh you mean CANVASS. Ok yeah you got me, and I fully expected to be called out on it long before now. But I also am not surprised by the type of reception that this engendered, overwhelmingly positive, actually better than I expected. Not one negative comment. Of course in reality I truly did not canvass at all, I kept my communication to those who I had a history with in previous leagues,. that is called working warm leads. A example of true canvassing would be a out and out dump to everyone in the country, which is what the spirit and tenor of the bylaw is supposed to represent.

By the time stamp I can say the stoolie in question is someone I was with in my early days. Actually the further along I went in my history. the more positive the reception to the concept. Now I did not receive replies from a majority, far from it, but I would gather to say I got about a 20% response rate which is actually pretty good.

One last thing I would like to note is on average less than 5% of our user base votes in these elections. Compare that to Israel where the rate is 15% or in the case of a micro like South Africa where it is around 50% and that will show you just how disinterested and apathetic this user base is, and it is 'the cabal' that I hold accountable for that.

So if my candidacy is vacated and invalidated, so be it, if there is sanctions to be gleamed from my efforts, so be it. I own what has happened, but I did it to prove a point, and I think that point has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. And the point is? We should not just strive for having a great team and building great players, the current crew does that, but we should work more on making it a great experience to be involved with no matter where you fall on the spectrum, on that the current crew in my book has done a miserable job of.

This Post:
307177.44 in reply to 307177.43
Date: 12/22/2020 19:04:00
Alaska Alphas
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Oregon Omegas
Look man I got no hard feelings for you whatsoever, and believe me I’m all for getting as many people involved as possible, but I feel like that’s still pretty obviously breaking a rule in the election process, which doesn’t sit right with me. Also as someone who would likely be considered part of this “cabal” that’s been referenced repeatedly in this thread, I don’t really know what you want me to say. We reach out to hundreds of managers each season, invite them to the discord, answer their questions, give them a chance to contribute and learn the game. What would you do differently?

Join the BB USA Discord! https://discord.gg/kApjNTK