BB Global (English) > International Competition

International Competition

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
173944.49 in reply to 173944.45
Date: 2/22/2011 8:13:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think you find a week point. Players can play on NT very long, skills starts dropping at 33 (maybe slightly at 32), I think best players can play on NT up to his age of 35. If you look at our roster the oldest player is 28 (still training – last season 4 pops, we will see how many this season) and second one 26. Our NT is still quite young. To have about 20 great players you need average of 2 in every year starting from age 25 to 35.

i think that is the advantage of this philosophie, because it is easier for managers to obtain training them without the need of farms - but you still need enthusiastic managers for doing the off position training.

But at least when i could talk for me, i like to train multiskilled players like my PF, who probadly would fit your requirements ;)

@kareen: about the main skill with 32 no he wouldn't have them, because they cap earlier but i believe he won't be that far away because it isn't easy to train a 400k+ C, and also the cap works a bit into it. Personally this strategy could work, it isn't easy

This Post:
173944.50 in reply to 173944.46
Date: 2/22/2011 8:17:24 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
I don't think so in general, there is much more stranger setups even in latest stages of WC/EC. But we (me, you and some other managers) discussed it earlier, but probably you forgot it. We usually have played it because it has fit to our current roster best in most situation yet. The time of few other tactics will come quite soon, but probably Push the Ball will be always one of the option which we will use from time to time.

This Post:
173944.52 in reply to 173944.49
Date: 2/22/2011 8:27:40 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
i think that is the advantage of this philosophie, because it is easier for managers to obtain training them without the need of farms - but you still need enthusiastic managers for doing the off position training.

It's just about understanding that also club can profit from off position training (it's always about short term and long term profit). There are some teams that already know it, but we need much more such teams. Because now some teams has several NT players or NT prospects and it's not easy to manage together some players in training, because someone need to train something what the other one shouldn't train etc.
But at least when i could talk for me, i like to train multiskilled players like my PF, who probadly would fit your requirements ;)

I know Dachsbau skills from time of transfer and as I expect you train him quite a lot since this time I think he would have chance for entering our NT if he had been czech.

Last edited by rwystyrk at 2/22/2011 8:28:55 AM

This Post:
173944.53 in reply to 173944.48
Date: 2/22/2011 8:38:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are following some of the concepts that lead Chile to World Championship last season, specially the community related work (And we don't even have half of the users in the Czech community).

Our experience show us that while secondaries are important, you don't need a full set of players with secondaries at high level and top primaries to succed.

In my experiencie as NTM and later working in other process as staff member, the most important thing is to have an organized community working towards a common goal, like winning a World Cup. In that sense, you don't need people with nationalistic feelings(wich are always welcome for this purposes) but people trying to achieve something just because they want to. There are incentives for NT training in the form of merchandising and higher selling value(again because of merch) but another key aspect to enroll someone in NT training is to add *community value*. When that user recieves support from other users for his great work on X player or recieves some critics for not taking good care of his GS things are entirely different.

And while all this discussion seems to be highly focused on NT players, serious tactical work behind every decision is another important factor to succed at top level. A good team behind this is an essencial key.

Sometimes you can't have the best players and you only a have a bunch of the good ones, but working other aspects and trying to excell in those areas seems also to work.

Last edited by Zero, the Magi. at 2/22/2011 8:42:15 AM

This Post:
173944.54 in reply to 173944.53
Date: 2/22/2011 8:50:05 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
There are incentives for NT training in the form of merchandising and higher selling value(again because of merch) but another key aspect to enroll someone in NT training is to add *community value*. When that user recieves support from other users for his great work on X player or recieves some critics for not taking good care of his GS things are entirely different.

The main problem in our country at the moment is that about half of teams in Div I has no NT player or NT prospects. Maybe it can improve as soon as they relegate and will be replaced by some that are interesting in training NT players. But it take some time. As training and paying salary of NT players (mean middle age and older players) is quite difficult in lower divisions without losing club ambitions.

This Post:
173944.55 in reply to 173944.51
Date: 2/22/2011 8:57:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My defence tactic was 3-2 zone but I played MtM..

I understand your anger,especially seeing Quattrucci numbers in the game

The strange thing his defenders have 19 and 20 OD, nevertheless he dropped 36 points..
I'm so angry but it will not give me a victory..

Quattrucci can play as PG,SG and SF,you don't need only OD to stop him ;D

This Post:
173944.56 in reply to 173944.48
Date: 2/22/2011 9:00:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes it can be a problem to find teams that will be training old players as it's problem to find teams for training about 24 yo. But there are some managers with national feeling and I hope there will be even more in future.
I think primaries can be high enough about age of 28, best players can manage it even earlier. Later they can stay in NT just with stamina, FT and GS training. I don't expect someone training primaries or secondaries to 32 or even longer. But I think many other NT ends with primaries (due to salary or potential) before 25 and then they have no space for secondary trainings.

As I wrote somewhere earlier there is still possibility that I will end my NT coach career without success. I'm ready for that, we will see.

Secondary trainings don't require an increase in salary and are not capped so hard by potential,so if you stop the primary training before players hit the capo,they can train secondaries skills for a very long time

And also the other national teams key players train over 25 ;D

This Post:
173944.58 in reply to 173944.56
Date: 2/22/2011 9:03:32 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
Secondary trainings don't require an increase in salary and are not capped so hard by potential,so if you stop the primary training before players hit the capo,they can train secondaries skills for a very long time

It sounds strange for me. Has anyone similar experience as Steve? I thought that once the player is capped all trainings are much slower (and many secondary training are very slow even before the cap due to low or high height).

This Post:
173944.59 in reply to 173944.50
Date: 2/22/2011 9:06:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do remember.

Actually i still think it's more difficult to play push the ball with succeed than playing with other tactics like R&G or LI. Push the ball needs certain skills in the line-up that makes it so complicated to play it while to play R&G with 3 outside players you can perform well or the same goes with LI with 2 centers and 1 good PG you still can play nice focussing on inside.

As a coach it's more important to take good tactical decisions than the players you have or the players you are willing to have, it's more about to make that players perform well than to have perfect players.

Advertisement