BB Canada > Outlook of Season

Outlook of Season

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
139025.5 in reply to 139025.4
Date: 04/04/2010 17:58:55
Overall Posts Rated:
My outlook is relatively poor for this season, but I'm okay with that for now. I dropped down to Div IV after an ill-advised attempt to end up in the bottom of Div III last year in an effort to get a better draft pick (BAD IDEA!). I mistakenly thought there would be some sort of a playoff series to avoid relegation, in which I could simply play my strongest line-up and stay up in III. And then I got moved down...

Part of my problem is that my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players are my 3 young guard trainees and they can't shoot very well. I have a level 6 trainer and am trying to take the long term perspective, so I'm focusing on Outside Defense right now, even though all three have Jump Shots that seriously need improvement. That said, if I stay the course, the 18 y/o stud I picked up this past week is all but guaranteed to be on the Norweigen U21 team in the next few years, while one of my Canadian trainees, MacSymon, has a reasonable shot of our U21 team, barring catastrophic injury and depending on how his competition progresses. My other trainee, Nelmes, is going to get training forever, and with his HOF potential will eventually turn into a freak. Right now the plan is to move to Jump Shot training next season, turning all 3 of these players into scoring machines-but again that's next year.

So, this year might hurt a little. My front court is aging, so I may look to purchasing a C or PF later in the year, in the 10k salary range, if it looks like I can make a late season push and get back into Div III. Right now, however, I'm 1-2 and don't want to spend money unless I have a good chance of moving up. Unfortunately, I've also drawn a Div II team in the Canada Cup, so, with my best player (not a trainee luckily) currently injured (argh!) I think that's done. Lay the ground work, I guess, my team will be a powerhouse, it's just going to take some time.