BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Coco
This Post:
208821.9 in reply to 208821.4
Date: 2/7/2012 10:01:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Coco, much respect and glad you're running (even if this turns out to be a pointed question), I think there's always a sigh of relief when people see that there will be at least one respected, proven manager in the election. Suppose I'll start off with one of the first questions for the candidates, and for Coco in particular since the below is his question from "Ask a BB":

Charles used to say that one of the design principles of the game was that there shouldn't be a dominant strategy.

(1) If the BB's think that LI is now a dominant strategy, what is being done to steer the game away from it?
(2) If they think it's not, what standard must be met to prove the claim that some strategy is dominant?

It's kind of a multi-part question:
1- Is it your opinion that there is no counter we as managers/a community can implement against LI, and only BB intervention can change this dynamic?

2- If the BB answer your question with something politely along the lines of "It's not our job to continually adjust the game to counter what's currently in vogue, the tools are there and we believe they are in fact balanced, the community will eventually adapt and find its own counter to this, just like it did to OD, etc", then: what next?

Do you have theories on what the counters to LI might be, and how we might implement them as a county? Do we just politely disagree with the BB's and join the LI arms race?

Presumably even if we think we know how to defend a LI it may be a long process to get the right skills and players up to a NT level, just like it took a while for Ps to catch up to OD, but I think there is an important distinction between a NT manager who is playing the big man arms race while biding his time until we're ready to counter inside tactics, and a manager who truly believes there is no counter and only a change in the GE will solve the problem. So I think it'd be informative to hear where each of the candidates comes down on the LI issue.

This Post:
208821.10 in reply to 208821.4
Date: 2/7/2012 10:16:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Im going with coco for sure..... dont even have to look at this thread to decide that.

This Post:
208821.11 in reply to 208821.9
Date: 2/7/2012 10:21:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good question jfriske^

My question involves your resume. Only a NBBA threepeat? Cmon. What happened in Season 15? Lame.

Seriously tho, you are planning to reconstruct your team to help solve the big man problem the NT has. That's a big sacrifice, and its good to lead by example. I and others in the NBBA will try to follow your example. But what can other managers do in lower divisions to help the future of the NT? How can we help them?

I mean they could always JOIN THE OFFSITE FORUM: (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) where a variety of tools, including a training planner, attendance helper, matchup predictor, etc as well as a great community of people willing to help and give advice on everything from training to gameplanning is available to them. From joining they could learn they can help the NT or even join the NT staff!!!!

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Advertisement