BuzzerBeater Forums

Nations of Africa - I.1 > Season 73

Season 73

Set priority
Show messages by
From: Sandy
This Post:
22
332910.1
Date: 8/20/2026 7:42:31 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
Hello,

I didn't have time to start the new thread earlier because I was on vacation.

Welcome to the new teams:
Amish boys
Atlantis Reapers
Bc berkane
TheDon77Crown
Your Nightmare

Have a great season, everyone!
What are your goals?

From: RSB

This Post:
00
332910.2 in reply to 332910.1
Date: 8/20/2026 8:18:10 PM
Bc berkane
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
00
Thank you

From: Ezio
This Post:
00
332910.3 in reply to 332910.1
Date: 8/22/2026 4:46:03 PM
The Originals
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
4040
Second Team:
The Originals II
this season the goal is to find the balance on salaries and squad builds after these new changes. goodluck everyone

From: Sandy

To: RSB
This Post:
11
332910.4 in reply to 332910.2
Date: 8/25/2026 5:39:05 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
Number of teams per country:

Morocco 6
South Africa 5
Nigeria 3
Ghana 1
Senegal 1

No teams from Algeria, Egypt or Tunisia.

From: Sandy

To: Ezio
This Post:
00
332910.5 in reply to 332910.4
Date: 9/10/2026 4:16:02 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
Africa Cup quarterfinals:

Durban AllStars @ taroudant flyers
Fnideq Super Stars @ Marroco Basket
Miguels Boys @ The Originals
TheDon77Crown @ Airball Avengers

GL everyone!

From: Sandy

To: Ezio
This Post:
11
332910.6 in reply to 332910.5
Date: 9/17/2026 5:20:42 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
Africa Cup semifinals:

taroudant flyers vs. The Originals
Marroco Basket vs. Airball Avengers

Round played at a neutral arena.

Good luck!

From: Ezio
This Post:
00
332910.7 in reply to 332910.6
Date: 9/18/2026 2:38:37 AM
The Originals
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
4040
Second Team:
The Originals II
tough opponent after tough opponent. the league has improved lately, this is exciting. Goodluck everyone

From: Sandy

To: Ezio
This Post:
11
332910.8 in reply to 332910.7
Date: 9/20/2026 6:07:08 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
All Star Game.

The players:

Big 8:

Starters:

[Lithuania] Bernardas Matarevicius
Team: Marroco Basket
[Morocco] Mohammad Al-Abdel
Team: Fnideq Super Stars
[Hungary] Ede Szirtesi
Team: Fnideq Super Stars
[France] Robin Pailleux
Team: Durban AllStars
[South Africa] Umi Munthali
Team: Durban AllStars

Backups:

[Spain] Javier Navidad
Team: Fnideq Super Stars
[Brazil] Yure Corujito
Team: Marroco Basket
[South Africa] Anuiyelewa Nthite
Team: Durban AllStars
[Poland] Grzegorz Kuchcinski
Team: Marroco Basket
[Greece] Yiorgos Farakopoulos
Team: Marroco Basket

Great 8:

Starters:

[Iran] Danesh Shajare
Team: Miguels Boys
[Morocco] Hossam Al-Abdel
Team: taroudant flyers
[Serbia] Petar Ðilas
Team: Miguels Boys
[Singapore] Au Huat Loong
Team: Miguels Boys
[Lithuania] Šaras Bendžius
Team: Miguels Boys

Backups:

[Morocco] Zayegh Abu-Kaleel
Team: taroudant flyers
[Taiwan] Ng Tim Sam
Team: DK Shaolins
[Senegal] Souty Medou
Team: DK Shaolins
[Malaysia] Bazil Jeferin
Team: Amish boys
[Senegal] Gorgui Preira
Team: DK Shaolins


A brief analysis.

The players come from 7 different clubs.
Here is the ranking of the clubs providing the most players:
Marroco Basket: 4
Miguels Boys: 4
DK Shaolins: 3
Durban AllStars: 3
Fnideq Super Stars: 3
taroudant flyers: 2
Amish boys: 1

13 different nationalities are represented.
Morocco is the most represented country, with 3 players.
Senegal, Lithuania and South Africa follow closely with 2 players each.
The rest of the list is highly cosmopolitan, featuring players from Europe (France, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Serbia), Asia (Iran, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia), and South America (Brazil).

Fun fact:
Mohammad Al-Abdel (Big 8) and Hossam Al-Abdel (Great 8) are both present and are regularly called up to the Moroccan national team. Are they related?

From: kiesjot

This Post:
00
332910.9 in reply to 332910.8
Date: 9/21/2026 5:40:30 AM
taroudant flyers
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
44
Second Team:
Taroudant Tigers
Mohammad is the older brother of Hossam

From: Sandy

This Post:
00
332910.10 in reply to 332910.9
Date: 9/21/2026 2:31:11 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
So we're in for a clash between brothers! Who's gonna win?

From: Sandy

To: Ezio
This Post:
00
332910.11 in reply to 332910.10
Date: 9/25/2026 1:28:06 PM
Durban AllStars
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
408408
Congratulations on winning the Cup!