BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Sverige > [NT] Season 73

[NT] Season 73

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
11
332893.1
Date: 8/18/2026 3:37:49 AM
Kerlci
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
15431543
Second Team:
Kerlci II
Hello,

the season started with an unexpected turnout of the elections and the win of a chinese manager, who was in charge for less than a week, but still managed to effectively screw the season. I feel responsible for not addressing the elections more vocaly, therefore many people forgot about them, which resulted in poor-enough numbers on my side. I still thank all who remembered, or might vote for me, if they remembered

The support of the new manager plummeted quite quickly, and I was yesterday asked by EGM if I would like to take over the NT. Although the current state of the NT is disastrous, this is a short term (1 season) state, while the long-term looks good. So I am interested in managing the NT further, also beyond the current mandate. Maybe such incidents will also make community more alive, which will further boost the potential of the NT. Again, I invite all swedish managers to discord, where there is more activity than on the forums: https://discord.gg/DdKJMudw8

Anyhow, the damage for this season is as it is:

-Prior to the election I contacted maybe 1/3 of players' owners. I will now contact the rest, especially the owners of HoF (and one AtG) draftees. Of course I cannot scout them now, since we would loose all ent. I hope this won't interfere too much in the overall development of swedish players. If someone is in doubt how to train further, please contact me. I will scout all players after the EC, so in 6 weeks time.

-The roster of the team was left as it was a week ago, when I called some young players to the NT for scouting. Luckily, most of the best players (but not all) are still within the 18 man roster. If I dismiss any unnecessary players, we loose ent, so I will call new players very, very sparingly, only the ones we will really need.

-Yesterdays game against Israel was unnecessarily played with normal attitude, with only 8 players (default lineup with some players missing or injured), which resulted in unnecessary ent waste, and a high loss due to some players not having substitutes and getting exhausted. This means our hopes for achieving anything remarkable in this year's tournament are gone, since this was the game where TIE made most sense, and then we might try to do something against our next three opponents. Now, I guess we can only hope, that we achieve the bare minimum, wins over the last three opponents, and a 3-4 score.

Although this season won't be fun and glory, I look forward to managing Sweden NT again!






This Post:
00
332893.2 in reply to 332893.1
Date: 9/1/2026 6:25:18 AM
Kerlci
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
15431543
Second Team:
Kerlci II
We are now three games into the european championships.

As mentioned before, the first game against Israel (85736) was unfortunately played with default lineup and with normal attitude, which resulted in poor minutes distribution and waste of enthusiasm, not to mentioned the roster being locked for the remainder of the season. Not much can be extracted from this game, since many parameters were sub-optimal (to put it lightly), and this game negatively affected the rest of the season. But it is what it is.

The second game against Germany (85739) was the first game after my return to the NT. Apart from the first quarter, which we won 30-29, it didn't go well. Lower ent, in combination with higher quality and better GS of the German team, resulted in another heavy loss by 41 points. In some other universe, with different starting parameters we might be able to hope on someting here, but the reality was such, that this game was just a routine walkover for our opponents. Unfortunately.

The game against Romania would definitely be important and decisive for us if we started the season with reasonable players selection and tactics (attitude). But now, with lower ent, and also very limited selection of our substitutes, I was almost sure it would have been another loss for us. Surprisingly though, we managed to achieve a nice and tight win with a buzzerbeater of Herman Hansson (85742). The game was a bit chaotic, first with Romanians leading, then we managed to get a up-to 12 point lead, and kept it at +10 until the final 6 minutes or so. Afterwards, Romania got very close, equalized 8 second to go, but fortunately Hansson managed to get us a morale-boosting victory.

The next opponent is England, a clear #3 in the group, who is naturally hoping of beating either Israel, or, more likely, Germany, for the 2nd spot, which leads from our group to the second stage. Almost undoubtedly they are more concerned with the following games against the aforementioned teams, but first they must deal with us. They still have some advantage in enthusiasm, and are of better quality, so our hopes arent high, but if anything, the game will be another reference to where we stand at the moment.

Overall, the goal is now raised from achieving 3 wins to getting 4 wins. The most reasonable way to achieve this, is by focusing on games against Scotland, Macedonia and Armenia. This would likely place us 4th in the group, and would likely even increase our rating, so not bad considering everything. Naturally, we still have ambitions to win all remaining 4 games.

To all the owners of players, who are currently in the NT, this season your GS management is even more important, since I can rely only on a very tight squad. So please, keep a good eye on your players' minutes and consider buying a sports psychologist, if you haven't got one already.

Also, I realize that some players are left outside of the squad, even if they are on the perfect, or near perfect game shape. One such example is Peter Danielsson of AfK Ballers, another is Jonas Askenskog of Markushhh’s, both of them would easily play in yesterday's game under normal circumstances. It is even more unfortunate, that both players come from two clubs, which also have the two core players of our NT, so they would definitely deserve even more merch. But as I said, things aren't optimal, and one way or another, something will hurt. I will try to get some bonus callups for such players after the season ends, so things will settle money-wise, but too much course correcting would bring another set of problems.