BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Official Second Team Poll & Discussion

Official Second Team Poll & Discussion (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/12/2014 07:13:34
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
The second team idea has been discussed a lot recently. It has become one of the most talked about new ideas and as such, it has caught our attention. A poll about this idea has already been made in the Suggestions forum here (253223.1), along with its discussion, but we feel it didn't have the impact of an official poll, especially now since we have a more specific idea of the possible implementation. We hope this poll and discussion will answer two basic questions; should we develop this feature and how do we do it if we decide to develop it. Please try to keep the discussion in an area that will help answer these questions.

Here are some possible specifications of the secondary team idea, in the form of some restrictions and rules. In all aspects other than the ones mentioned bellow, the secondary team would behave as a completely new team. Also, the link between the primary and secondary team would be clearly and publicly visible. If you have any objections or possible better solutions, we welcome your replies. Unproductive, cynical or sarcastic posts will be deleted.

1. Supporter restriction: Only teams with a Supporter package with no less than 60 days left can apply for a secondary team. The secondary does not have a Supporter package by default, but it can be bought for half price. Secondary team can only be managed while the primary team has a Supporter package (regardless of the Supporter status of the secondary team). Losing Supporter for the primary team restricts access to the secondary team, which will then go into normal inactivity mode (will be botified after a couple of weeks). If the original owner of the secondary team acquires Supporter before the team is botified, he will regain control of the team.
2. Country restriction: Secondary teams cannot play in the same country nor buy players from the primary team's original country. To make sure some smaller countries aren't overwhelmed by the influx of new foreign teams, a minimum of 50% of the teams in a country will be reserved for local managers. Also, if a country is 90% full – the remaining teams will be reserved for local managers.
3. Inactivity and bankruptcy restriction: Inactivity or bankruptcy of the primary team will also prevent access to the secondary team, but not the other way around. For example, if a secondary team is lost due to bankruptcy or inactivity, it does not affect the primary team, but, in that case a new secondary team can only be created after 14 weeks.
4. Abandonment rule: Secondary team can be abandoned at any time, but a new secondary team can only be created after 14 weeks. If the original owner of the abandoned secondary team changes his mind before the secondary team is botified, he can regain control of it.
5. Scrimmage restriction: No scrimmages are possible between the primary and secondary teams.
6. Player transfer restriction: No transfers possible between primary and secondary teams. Additionally, it isn't possible to buy players formerly owned by the other team (primary or secondary). This restriction applies even after the secondary team is abandoned or lost due to bankruptcy or inactivity.
7. Voting restriction: The secondary team will not have the ability to vote in NT elections.
8. Cheating rule: Bans due to cheating apply to both teams, regardless of the cheating team.
9. B3 restriction: Secondary teams cannot qualify for B3. They are replaced by the first league or cup runner up which isn't a secondary team of any manager.
10. New Manager Checklist rule: Secondary teams don't have access to the New Manager Checklist.
11. Forum restriction: The forum allows posts from both primary and secondary teams, but the posts are marked as if posted by the primary team. The secondary team ownership and basic details is also visible. Posting in the secondary country forum is only allowed in the local language or in English.

Last edited by BB-Marin at 01/12/2014 07:15:56

Poll:  Should BB develop the second team for Supporters feature (even if I don't agree with all the specifications stated in this post)?
Response Votes Result

Yes 1512
54.2% 54.2% 54.2%
54.2%
No 1278
45.8% 45.8% 45.8%
45.8%

This poll ended on 03/30/2014.

This Post:
254079.2 in reply to 254079.1
Date: 01/12/2014 07:14:08
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Possible pros:
- small nation managers might welcome the influx of new teams, boosting competition levels
- might help reduce cheating
- doubles the fun for active managers
- increases BB income, increasing the advertisement and development budget

Possible cons:
- some managers might not like to see foreigners in their country/league
- Supporters might have a direct advantage over others by having double the amount of matches to test their strategies on (even though they already have Private Leagues to do that)
- some countries might use the feature to collude in farming schemes

EDIT:
Some additional proposals (as stated here (254079.213)).

Issues and possible solutions:
1. draft pick ordering enables second teams to tank and hog all the best trainees
- give draft priority to local teams
2. secondary team used to overbid primary teams leaguemates (and the other way around) in the transfer market
- make that illegal and impossible to do
3. secondary team used to overbid primary teams bad bids (and the other way around)
- make that illegal and impossible to do
4. secondary team used to buy and retire possible NT players
- manually transfer list the intentionally fired players which weren't free transfered automatically, just like we do now

Possible new rules:
12. New Manager Bonus rule. Secondary teams do not get the 4 initial weekly $50 000 bonuses. The experience acquired by the managers in their primary teams should compensate for that.

Last edited by BB-Marin at 01/15/2014 09:52:50

This Post:
254079.3 in reply to 254079.2
Date: 01/12/2014 07:21:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Fixing all problems at once (while creating some new): second teams are teams with female players.

This Post:
254079.4 in reply to 254079.3
Date: 01/12/2014 07:52:39
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe supporters have a big enough advantage by being able to play in private leagues (and all the other features of course). If you make too many options only available to supporters the rest of us will feel like we are playing a demo version of the actual game...

This Post:
254079.5 in reply to 254079.1
Date: 01/12/2014 08:37:58
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Is this also the place to discuss the idea, or we should continue the discussion in that other thread?

I would like to throw my two cents on the no B3 for secondary teams rule. I don't disagree, since there are some tiny micronations out here. It would allow teams to get to B3 in a few seasons. But it would decrease the playability of the second teams. B3 is basically the highest achievement of this game, I'm not sure if it's cool to disable it for second teams.

Can anyone tell how does in work in other games? Hattrick, Trophy Manager?

This Post:
254079.6 in reply to 254079.2
Date: 01/12/2014 08:57:25
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree to this new feature. I am really looking forward to using it.

the biggest pro it would have should be the rise of transfered players prices. Since more teams equals more demand. so basicly in a short terms players prices would go up, that would make all the managers happy. but in the long term, considering people will use their second teams to train players in some time we could get the economical situation where players are even more worthless than are now.

Last edited by Gajus Julijus Cezaris at 01/12/2014 09:32:54

This Post:
254079.8 in reply to 254079.7
Date: 01/12/2014 09:16:48
Overall Posts Rated:
I would not like to see foreign managers competing in my country, probably because I am in a macronation and live in clover there. Utopia option is better for me, that would also satisfy micronation managers needs. Except for this, a big yes from me.

This Post:
254079.9 in reply to 254079.8
Date: 01/12/2014 09:38:07
Overall Posts Rated:
i like the idea a lot to have women teams as secondary teams for supporters.

but anyway another point against secondary teams is that it gives a huge boost to small nation which share a mothertongue with a big Bb nation. (for example austria, england idk some little countries where english is spoken) other micronation won't have a similar advantage.

This Post:
254079.10 in reply to 254079.9
Date: 01/12/2014 09:48:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Women BB players? Seriously?

Who is going to pay extra for a WNBA-type second team. Plus they would have a waste time/money/resources to make a face generator for women players.

Let's be realistic here.

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.