Roster

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/04/2014 07:36:58
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you think a roster should look like?

For me it was always 5 strong starters, 5 good substitutes, and 5 shitty players.
In such a case you would not have a problem if one starter gets injured because you still got a good substitute, and another player to ensure he doesn't get too much minutes.
With 15 players it was also easy for me to have 10 players with good GS and the others had bad ones.

But i see more and more managers who prefer having at maximum 12 players with 5 really strong starters, and 7 bad players to fill up minutes.
In such a case an injury hurts you very much and it is hard to get good GS because your starters have to play a lot of minutes.

( I try to let my main players play around 60 minutes this is best for their GS )

What do you guys think and why do you use your amount of players?

To: BigT
This Post:
264779.2 in reply to 264779.1
Date: 11/04/2014 10:12:34
Obira Dragons
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Obira Dragons II
We work with 9 good players... 2 are getting better( "young" trainees)and two shit players.
If possible I let them play about 50 - 70 minutes.

But most of my players can play multiple positions.
Some of my PG's can play SF, PF and even on the C position.
I hope this will be enough for the Play off finals.

To: BigT
This Post:
264779.3 in reply to 264779.1
Date: 11/07/2014 07:30:32
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Interesting.

I've always wondered if your solution was better, or if Mizu's one was superior (an extremely strong starting 5 and then only 1 backup). Mizu's solution is vulnerable to injuries, while yours will struggle against Mizu's, as your starting 5 won't even match up his.

But 15 players is way too much. Sometimes it helps to have a shitty player in decent form, and you can't have this with 15 guys.

I went for a strong starting 5, 2 very nice backups, who wouldn't have any trouble being a starter if a starter is injured, 3 mediocre backups (doing their job in garbage time and easy cup games) and 2 shit players.

That's 12, and you pretty much cover everything might come, not to mention you're relatively immune to 1 injury. However, should 2 or 3 players get injured you're in deep trouble because the remaining players will play more than 70 thus see their form drop.

In this particular case, I buy 1 k player(s) to soak up extra minutes and wait for better times ...

However, try to train staring 5 or backups, not mediocre or shit ones. Because in this case you'll have to drop training way too often.

This Post:
264779.4 in reply to 264779.3
Date: 11/08/2014 06:46:24
Overall Posts Rated:
IMO

12 players is enough

At the moment, my team is

Starting five
3 good players
1 good backup
1 good trainee

And then
3 average backups
1 poor trainee but I keep him cause I draft him, stup** guy I am
2 excellent trash-players (former backup when I was in D.III)
1 trainee I'll sell rapidly after few pops.

Not ideal but I've just check, I'm the youngest belgium team in D.II.

My stadium is not so far for being completed so after that I will really invest in my team, for now I'm just trying to survive with a cheap salary roster...

Last edited by mplume at 11/08/2014 06:48:24

Message deleted