BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > naturalizing players for nt

naturalizing players for nt

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/28/2021 05:36:13
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thinking about this while watching today's u21 nt game.

In real life players are allowed to get naturalized and get a second nationality. Players are also allowed to play for there second nationality's national team. I believe that to be eligible for this a player needs to have played in that country for at least 3 years. I think this would be a good addition for buzzerbeater as well, it would be especially great for smaller countries.

I think it should have to look something like this:

A player get's drafted to a country, most probably a big country like spain. He than get's sold to a team from a small country, like moldova. He than plays in moldova for 3 full seasons. He isn;t good enough to play for spain but he would be a great addition fot moldova so the moldova coach decides he is going to naturalize this player and use him as a regular starter.

For this to work there have to be some rule I think, like:
1. Player has to have played at least 3 seasons in the county.
2. The country where he is drafted always has first choice, so only if he isn't called up to there national team (in this case spain) he could get called up to the second one (in this case moldova)
3. The national team coach is only able to naturalize a fixed amount of players per season. I would say 1 or 2. (this is so a a can't just naturalize everyone to prevent other countries from getting him.
4. There can only play a fixed amount of naturalized players on any national team at the same time. So for example moldova can only get 5 naturalized nt players at the same time.

I think this is great for almost anyone involved.:
- Small countries get a stronger national team which will make for more interesting competitions
- Big countries clubs will have more players who are playing for a national team, so someone in spaing could buy that naturalized player back after a few years and profit from the economic boost from a player who is from their country and plays in a national team.

This Post:
311650.3 in reply to 311650.2
Date: 09/28/2021 06:46:50
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree with the suggestion but he said 3 seasons to play before being naturalized. So, that wouldn't work. I don't know about the main NT of course.

This Post:
311650.4 in reply to 311650.1
Date: 09/28/2021 07:33:58
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
The Utopian Teams now provide help with Dual CItizenships and it was programmed to Prioritize Smaller Communities/Counties... So there is no need for these already... They just need to invite more fellow Countrymen to add more NT prospects... Probably a referral method could work?

This Post:
311650.5 in reply to 311650.2
Date: 09/28/2021 08:04:06
Overall Posts Rated:
They have to play 3 seasons first. And I meant that when the main country wants to call him up they still can even if he already played earlier for his second nation. Or something like that. So basically the big country like spain can always call up every player they want. So for them nothing would really change but for the small country every player that isn't called up they can call up to the national team.

This Post:
311650.6 in reply to 311650.4
Date: 09/28/2021 08:06:16
Overall Posts Rated:
True but that doesn't mean this can't be a good option. Maybe we can limit the naturalized players to just 2 at a time for example so they can only have a maximum of 1-3 naturalized players on the team at any time.

A referrel method would be better but even than you would probably still have large and small countries.

This Post:
311650.7 in reply to 311650.6
Date: 09/29/2021 06:41:19
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
If that's the case... probably only the Senior NT should get this feature so that the Top Countries can also protect their National Pool of players...

and only Ages past their Prime probably 33 and above years old that never have played in their Main Country are the only ones eligible for such...

other than that... I think it would cause a bigger problem than enjoyment.

-edit-
and Naturalization can only be 1 per Term.
and NT can only play 2 Naturalized at the same game.
NT cam only Hold max of 3 per Season.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 09/29/2021 07:30:17

This Post:
311650.9 in reply to 311650.8
Date: 09/29/2021 08:59:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Exactly I get why other examples where the small country can basically block the big country from using it would cause to many problems but I think this will help. I see what you mean about it not being pleasant, but it happens sometimes in real life as well as players are allowed to switch countries not sure what the exact rule about that is irl but it happens.