PLAYOFF format change

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/23/2023 05:36:11
Дніпровські Зорі
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a proposal to change the format of PLAYOFF. The proposal is to make the final series of games more interesting.

I propose increasing the number of matches at each stage to 3 matches (up to 2 wins). And the final match to 5 matches (3 wins). This will bring us closer to a more realistic schedule of PLAYOFF matches.

And for the teams that didn't make it to PLAYOFF, I propose to create a kind of "Summer League". Thereby keeping things interesting for all participants.

Poll:  Would you like to change the PLAYOFF format?

Yes
No

This Post:
319306.3 in reply to 319306.2
Date: 05/23/2023 05:53:14
Дніпровські Зорі
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you. It's just an idea that needs refining.

This Post:
319306.4 in reply to 319306.1
Date: 05/23/2023 05:58:49
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
I understand your point here but it would make the playoffs a lot longer so therefore I don't really support it. At the moment, maximum playoff games is 5 but for this system it would be 11 games (basically half a season) so the playoffs would be required to be extended for at least 2 weeks, which would mess the training system and current schedule. And if I would lose the first round in 2 games, then I would need to wait for two to three weeks without any competitive games ahead.

Also, I'm not a fan of the "Summer League" as it would be quite short period as the relegation games take 1 week and then we would have 1-2 weeks of Summer League games (so 2-3 games I guess?) so the league would be basically couple kind of competitive games before end of season.

I know it's stupid to say that let's do what we have done earlier, but I actually like the current playoff format, even though it's cruel. However, there's always possibility for surprises when the playoffs are Best of 1.

Last edited by Lappa at 05/23/2023 06:00:14

This Post:
319306.5 in reply to 319306.1
Date: 05/23/2023 14:51:31
Les loups du Nord
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I very much like this idea to have something more closer to the reality and to do so, having "series" like NBA playoff. Think about the intensity of a game 5 in this conditions !! 😍😱
Answering a comment about this change making the season too long : we can have 1 match every 2 days (like NBA playoff).
"yes but playoff teams would have an advantage for training"
"yes but what if..."

First, do we want the game to be more closer to NBA/Euroligue format ? Maybe more attractive for new player, it can also bring a new breath to the game.
if the answer is yes, we (i mean the GM/BB) can agree on how to do it. I'm sure we can manage to find solutions on each aspect with a little bit of work :)
I volonteer if a "think tank" team is needed to set up or just think about a possible set up

Can we have your opinion on feasibility please Justin ? It may be too complicated to set up this kind of stuf...

This Post:
319306.6 in reply to 319306.5
Date: 05/24/2023 02:11:44
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
It's not only about the training, but then BB must change the game shape system too if we would have 1 match in every 2 days, at least for playoffs. 3-4 games in a week would mean that starting roster should be able to play 120-160 minutes in a week. I think that the only option then would be to reset the game shape for playoffs. However, that would mean that teams can't get any advantage (or disadvantage) for managing the game shape and it would make possible upsets really difficult as one key factor would be taken away.