Who can I talk to about him?

Thanks

This Post:
323607.2 in reply to 323607.1
Date: 05/17/2024 12:35:21
Rigol Rockets
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
You should try to contact the U21 NT manager, as all NT managers, particularly U21 managers, should be really into player development plans, if planning to take an NT.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the current NT bosses for Ireland are that interested. I've 2 players in the U21 and 1 in the Senior and never heard from either

I'd try to contact your own countries U21 boss for advice and perhaps some of the main BB forums to see if people are willing to help. I can give you some advice if its a big man you have, but I haven't really done much training with guards.

This Post:
323607.3 in reply to 323607.2
Date: 05/18/2024 03:38:55
Atletico Calcinaia
IV.57
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi!
I wrote 2 messages to U21 Ireland Coach...never answer...
Thanks for your interest...I hope that will change something!!
Xronos

This Post:
323607.4 in reply to 323607.3
Date: 05/20/2024 09:25:08
Dublin Dragons
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
I've tried to get that post, sadly I was not enough at time. This is very big and usual problem with NT managers, specially in U21 they are getting that post and work ends there. :/ I will try to be a candidate for a NT post in next selection If you want communication and some activity I'm here :)) Other countries always do analysis after a game and discussions and I miss it here. :/

This Post:
323607.5 in reply to 323607.4
Date: 05/21/2024 18:23:52
Rigol Rockets
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
If you go back 3 or 4 seasons we had a very good U21 NT manager, who communicated well with me. Its always good to have an idea of what type of teams the NT coaches are building. And he did well results wise as well for a nation with our player base.

I think the U21 NT role is really important for the smaller nations, as the newer teams can get "coaching" from a more experienced player on the topic of player development and possibly other topics if they are brand new. That goes a long way in helping newer managers into the game and getting good young players into the U21 which can be developed well, hopefully leading to a better future for the main NT.

I just don't have the time to do things like that, so I'm not comfortable in taking on NT roles. I don't want to "half-do" something. We should really only vote for those that have taken the time to lay out their plans for an NT (the guy I voted for campaigned but pulled out with me seeing unfortunately), so its our fault with the situation we are in at the end of the day.

This Post:
323607.6 in reply to 323607.5
Date: 05/21/2024 18:42:30
Dublin Dragons
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah true, I've talked with some managers from England, Lithuania, Israel, they have strong teams, but they still look very serious into NT stuff and analysis. Also it is very important to have active u21 coach so you could have detailed and futuristic plans of how some players could be trained to reach NT level, but u21 is a first person and a step to lead that way.

Message deleted

This Post:
323607.8 in reply to 323607.6
Date: 05/22/2024 06:14:07
Atletico Calcinaia
IV.57
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone
I'm happy with your contributions! In fact, being an U21 coach is demanding but I imagine that if one applies then he must give his availability and commitment. Not even replying to messages is not good in my opinion.
I'm not that expert to apply but if I can help I'm here!

Last edited by xrono at 05/22/2024 06:28:22

Message deleted

This Post:
323607.10 in reply to 323607.9
Date: 05/28/2024 05:54:49
Dublin Dragons
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
Heyo, in my opinion loses and record in U21 is not a big deal, main reason for U21 is to get some experience and to create process of well trained youths who can reach for a space in main NT squad in near future. I know some guys tinka, most important to get us much wins as you can in U21 but it s not true.. as a quite small nation in BB we will never be in U21 TOP, BUT we CAN train some good players and try to compete with our main NT if we have material. :)

Last edited by DublinMan at 05/28/2024 05:56:06

This Post:
323607.11 in reply to 323607.9
Date: 05/30/2024 09:14:17
Rigol Rockets
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd just like to chime in, as the previous U21 manager, that the sentiment was expressed publicly and privately early in my second season that there was a preference for a domestic manager because a domestic manager would "care more."

I haven't seen this been expressed publicly in the Irish forums. I have seen it elsewhere alright for managers of other nations. I couldn't care less if our managers are in the Irish leagues or foreign leagues. In fact, some of our best managers weren't from the Irish league.

I certainly wasn't thrilled with some of the results

Results do not matter in U21.

Training and knowledge that can be passed on is really important. Also identifying players who've managers have left the game is important to raise awareness that this player is available or soon available so they can be "saved" and trained are the things that are important. All this is paramount for a small nation. Engagement with new managers might also help with retaining players in this game.

With that said, I responded to all messages and aided anyone who asked for help or assistance with training plans, I simply wasn't as proactive about it as some here seem to prefer.

Fair play to responding to people and helping them out.

As regards being proactive, again I'll stress this is important for a small nation, particularly for U21s in a small nation. We have limited players and a limited number of people who train them, or even sell them. Its counter productive to be proactive for a big team, as you cant deal with hundreds of people effectively. But we never really have more than 40 teams. That's 40 'hello here is my vision and how I can help you' messages. 25-50% probably wont respond. Straight away you know the 15-25 or so managers (if we have that many) that are interested in training players. Then its just regular upkeep (weekly, monthly - part of the vision, and some may not need much interaction), monitoring, introductions to managers who have bought a young player, or new managers to the game. Maybe a press release once a season (last NT press releases are season 59 (Senior) and season 61 (U21)) saying how you can help people?

If I have a player on a NT squad and do not receive even a "hello" message I can only assume that those who don't have NT players (especially new managers to the game) don't hear anything either. The manager of the NT should be proactive in introductions at the very least. Again we have a small manager base not hundreds. I would understand if this was the Spain or Italy - nations with over 1000 managers.

I just wish people knew these things before putting themselves forward to vote.

That being said, there was another foreign candidate with previous staff experience for a U21 (if memory serves -- it may have been a NT staff role) who announced his candidacy early for the position, explained his vision to me privately (this also played heavily into my decision not to even throw my name into the race for another term), and also shared some of his ideas in the U21 speech/debate threads prior to the election. He went on to receive one vote, losing to the current manager, who made no speech and offered no plan.

In all fairness, there were 2 managers who outlined a vision. I went with the one I knew and have talked to before, with NT XP. Unfortunately he pulled out while I was offline for a few days, and when I cam back the vote had taken place. I would have given my vote to the other candidate who campaigned if I had seen my preferred candidate had pulled out. But 1 more vote may not have even tipped the balance.

This is a small nation. If people are really serious about getting one of the NT positions, they could also PM everybody. If your really interested in an NT role here you can afford to send a copy and paste template to active managers via PM. Its less than 50 PMs (27 at the moment). Not everyone will use the forums. That could easily swing a