BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Pre-game sub pattern contingencies

Pre-game sub pattern contingencies

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/01/2008 18:50:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Inspired by the current B3 game and a fed comment from Dr. Jàn Ïtor™...

How about a couple of extra options for substitutions in the lineup setting page. Instead of one option for substitutions, there would be three. The current one, one in the case of injury, and one in the case of foul trouble. The choices would be the same as the ones that exist now for the regular Substitutions option.

"Substitutions - Injury" would kick in if a starter was injured (maybe ejected as well).

"Substitutions - Foul Trouble" would kick in if a certain (non-configurable) threshold of foul trouble was reached. Perhaps two starters on the bench because of foul trouble, using whatever the engine's definition of foul trouble is. (Which seems to be something like: 2 fouls before Q1/10th minute, 3 in Q3/4th, etc.)

In each case, the choice for those substitution contingencies would kick in if the conditions were met.

The idea is to give a team some flexibility in the case where the initial depth chart is blown up by an early catastrophe. I can see the primary use being for those who use one of the Depth Chart options for their regular substitutions to set the contingency options as Let Coach Decide.

Last edited by Mod-oeuftete at 10/01/2008 18:55:04

This Post:
52344.2 in reply to 52344.1
Date: 10/08/2008 09:24:59
Overall Posts Rated:
I personally am in favour of conditional orders. I would prefer it to be more like: set your main line-up. Then go to the conditional orders screen. Here, you could set options like: if player x has x fouls, set the SG sub pattern to this and LCD. Or if you are up by 30 set the line-up to this and play strictly follow depth chart.

Also, I would like to see options to change your game style. So if you are up by 30 in the 4th, you can switch to a patient offense, for example.

I would hope that options like these could do away with the blow-out rules.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
52344.3 in reply to 52344.1
Date: 10/08/2008 20:10:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to actually have an option in wich the Dt follows my decisions.

I sure this option is unavailable because if I'm having a decent adventaje over my rival he actualices decides to put my benchwarmers instead of my stars in order to... I don't know why... Anyway, he decides instead of my. We shoul have a little bit more control over the substitutions.

This Post:
52344.5 in reply to 52344.4
Date: 06/02/2010 17:48:15
Overall Posts Rated:
This post is nearly two years old but still very good. I just found because I wanted to start one just like yours.

Thanks! Some of these old. long screeds I remember very well. This one I don't remember at all. But that guy who wrote it did have a point.

This Post:
52344.6 in reply to 52344.5
Date: 06/03/2010 08:31:40
Overall Posts Rated:
I also suggested a similar thing on substitution pattern who knows how many months ago. when you need to win by 40 your stupid coach still benches the starters in last quarter if you are winning by 20+. This is shooting your own foot and totally illogical.