This Post:
324184.28 in reply to 324184.25
Date: 6/29/2024 7:32:38 AM
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
about the salary, for what's i'm concerned, it has been possible because of the reserve I did druing the building of my team but i'm losing money since ;)

Wow, with all your championship and cup titles, and your revenues from all other sources, I'm quite surprised that even your team is losing money every week. I don't think many BBBL teams are actually making money instead of losing money. Reaching a positive cashflow seems to be the hardest part of the game nowadays, the game has certainly become more difficult economically during the last seasons.

It’s impossible to be profitable with a 1.4M+ team, no matter what you do.
BB is a cyclical game, where superteams come and go and win (almost) all the titles.
Teams like Paros and Kelmis, who stay at the top for dozens of seasons (while also grabbing a title here and there) are quite rare. Even then, whenever you reach the B3, you’re just not competitive with all the superteams competing.
Most of the times it’s just one superteam winning everything for 3-4 seasons then rebuilding for a few seasons before coming back for more.
Not taking anything away from those superteams here obviously at the end of the day BB is a management game, and the best way to succeed is to fill the bank account, then empty it in order to fill the trophy room, and repeat.

To: Veoz
This Post:
324184.29 in reply to 324184.28
Date: 6/29/2024 3:52:09 PM
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
I know things are supposed to be like that, but I really don't like to play that way. Therefore trophies will remain scarce, maybe have a little bit of luck after a superteam goes into rebuild while the new contender isn't yet at full strength.

But I'll never be able to compete against a 1.4 M roster any day. Not that I'm willing to, if you can afford that kind of firepower.

But I still enjoy playing the game, dedicating my teams to producing quality players. Guys like Desmet, Gaethofs, or Beerten have had a huge impact on Belgium's performances at the international level and I expect to produce more of that quality material.

A huge step forward would be to be able to use them in my own teams, however :p

This Post:
324184.30 in reply to 324184.29
Date: 6/29/2024 4:12:48 PM
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Of course! There are many ways to enjoy the game. And while not going for a cyclical kind of management with huge peaks and deep troughs might not yield as many trophies, it can indeed bring a lot on the side.

And as u said, and as you also said, it’s also possible to win something between 2 super teams!

This Post:
324184.32 in reply to 324184.31
Date: 6/30/2024 3:35:52 AM
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Of course, having a go at B3 is a whole other thing, I get it. I think you can win the BBBL with a 800 - 900 k roster if you have players with exceptionnaly low wages.

But training has it's limits. Even in your team, Vanbeselaere and Paques are "yours" (and Ras, thank you for him, he's a cool one), all the other guys (Desmet, Noe, Ryckbosch, Vanzeir) had to be bought, which requires a solid bank account, and you're still not turning a profit despite winning everything, which even furthers the need of a big money stockpile.

And once again, I'm not criticizing, your trophy room speaks for itself, but as you said you have to train and earn money, which is the very definition of tanking.

It's also the reason I had to go back to D.2 for several seasons, trying to be competitive at the highest level for a very long time isn't sustainable. That's a pity, but the way it is. After going back down, I made money, trained a couple of guys that are now BBBL worthy, with the saved money I could buy a good reliable belgian player (Laurent) and If I hadn't done that I would have been demoted. I'm forced to play the way I don't want to because it's pretty much the only way.

Sorry for ranting, I realize I feel very salty writing this. And I really don't minimize your accomplishments, which are amazing. I'm simply sad that there is only one "right" way to play the game.

This Post:
324184.35 in reply to 324184.33
Date: 6/30/2024 5:32:09 AM
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Point taken, but I think Mloty and Goldena have far better managers than my team, those guys are exceptionnal, and it's okay from them to achieve things that others don't. Same for you Joe, you also aren't "your average Joe" when it comes to this game :p

But ... yes, you won loads of trophies back then, but especially in the early seasons competition wasn't as fierce as it is now. I have reached BBBL in season 23, and back then you could clinch a playoff spot with minimal (500 k) wages. As every team had the same problem back then, earning money or even get a shot at a trophy was less a problem.

I'm not saying you won "cheap". You already were a step ahead when it comes to team building, but I'm confident any SGOLBA, Paros, Eagles, Beerschot, or Aubel team would have a been a threat back then, with the roster they have now at hand.

Ability to spend more, more domestic players (does anyone recall that period with BBBL teams having only a few belgian players to fill the blanks ?), more managers willing to train their own players, and also doing it properly. Back then I tried to train a player for the NT and you told me the absolute minimum requirement for a shooting guard was 17 OD. It makes everyone smile now, doesn't it ? The increase in competition level in BBBL has made measures like tanking almost a necessity to be able to stay ahead of all the very good teams that are around now.

The very scarce trophies I won, I managed to get them without tanking. Nowadays I think I can just forget it, there will always be a team around able to push it a little further. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so !

Tanking to win the B3 is ok in my book, this is a unique achievement that require unique measures, so B3 being another world, there's absolutely no way this can be done while turning a profit. I also was among the first to congratulate you on this unique achievement, and my enthusiasm would have been the same if Guiguits had also managed it.

Tanking is no magic either. You have to pinpoint the players you need, secure them at an acceptable price, and if possible pick the local players in order for your merchandising to mitigate your losses. That requires skill and dedication. And since these guys are always at least 28, you don't have that many seasons to make a successful run either. I'm absolutely not saying that tanking is easy, not at all.

Last edited by Dartreb at 6/30/2024 5:33:25 AM

This Post:
324184.36 in reply to 324184.35
Date: 6/30/2024 2:57:46 PM
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
The way I'm playing the game, I'm probably never going to win many trophies, BUT I will probably always be a consistent team in the BBBL. Like some said before, there are many ways to play this game. I'm choosing to never do any "wild" things in terms of high salaries, and playing with heavy losses in order to win a trophy. I choose to train youth players myself, which sometimes become NT players - like already happened a few times - and building a strong team around team around them , while at the same time trying to keep a positive cashflow. I'm finding pleasure in this game, by training youth players from scratch and training them up to sometimes NT players, that's how I find pleasure in this game.

Advertisement