BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14411.29 in reply to 14411.28
Date: 04/04/2008 06:11:31
Overall Posts Rated:
PIKON TALO

In response to the statement made by Coach Phil Jackson of the Celestial Punks, Coach Alas has released the following statement:

"We have expected that kind of reactions from people who can't take a loss. I mean how would you feel if your 27 game winning streak stopped by a team that you were supposed to beat. I would be crushed also. But you know, for someone to go out and trash the winner and other teams as well is just plain pathetic. I thought Coach Phil had class staying unbeaten and keeping mum about it. But I guess losing brings out the worst in you. Not to mention the misinformation within the organization where Mr. West claims they played "take it easy" then Mr. Jackson claiming they played "normal". Which is which guys?"

"Since, we're in the topic of why the Punks lost. I'll tell you why, it has come to the BB League Comission that the Punks have been gutting other teams to finance the signing of their "Star" players. Several teams under his management have been reprimanded. I guess I can freely discuss this now since the investigation is over and the Punks' Team Manager has been fired. As for him coming back with a storm, I doubt that since the League and other managers will be watching him very closely. And just a heads up for all the teams out there, once the Punks are deemed inactive their players will be out for grabs so get ready! And remember kids cheaters never win!"

And with that Coach Alas went back to the locker room to celebrate their honest and hard earned victory over the Unbeatable Punks.

Last edited by LA-Jubas at 04/04/2008 06:18:33

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...tapos wala na...
This Post:
14411.30 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 04/04/2008 11:08:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Fans disappointed with Nellas' showing

Hernando Nellas is a raise-eyebrow situation when he was acquired to play in team Polydozel's first season in the minor leagues, stating that he is plagued all-throughout his career and is near-reaching retirement. Many had high hopes on him when he was first drafted, and many were let down. That's why many pundits question team Polydozel's choice of player.

But after the third season of the League III.1, Polydozels seem to be the ones who were laughing as they were the surprise champions in the season.

Comeback kids, Redemptionists, The Full Restorations... these were some of the monikers used against this team, despite bearing the cup.

All this were caused by Nellas, who were one of the leading factor for this team's success, playing 14 of the 16 games of the season, playing as the number one option in offense, and second in the team in scoring, first in the team in rebounds... and steals!

It seems also that Katchafire Collie rejuvenated Nellas and made him a player again.

But now, the newly promoted is having problems with the veteran star.

"His latest injury impacted him a lot. you may think that he was traumatized" says the Polydozel trainer, Cristobal Key. "He's not exerting more than his usual."

"He's a big influence on and off the court." says Mark Tacdoro, who is doing a good job in filling in his shoes lately. "We don't rush him on his recovery. We need him in time for the playoffs. If one is weak, then the team is weak."

But the fans say otherwise.

"Nellas is very much over." says one die hard fan. "Frankly, In able for them to go further, they have to let off who are dead weight to the team." Rudely said, but true.

It's also true that if not for Nellas, even Zbynek Vyroubal, who was the first to get booted off along with a rookie, they would not have the cup, and the promotion.

"He'll be back, you cannot just assess hisability through his season play, there's still the playoffs, and that's a higher level for all the players, the ones who don't step up will be stepped over." says another Polydozel loyalty.

The team doesn't seem to do anything for the future of Nellas, who is also on his contract season... meaning that this could be his last season as a member of team Polydozel, or worse, as a player.

There's no hints whether he will retire after this season. "I don't have any plans to retire yet." says Nellas. "I still believe i can still perform for this team, but really, it's not my decision for that to happen, if they fire me after this season, so be it. But when the playoffs comes, I'll make sure that I'll play in there, and do better than what i'm playing right now. and maybe it will give the office something to think about... hehe!"

This Post:
14411.31 in reply to 14411.20
Date: 04/19/2008 22:17:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Ateneo Jologs pushes Mean Monstars aside

Ubaldo Nudalo Memorial Stadium - Ateneo Jologs played a home match against Mean Monstars last saturday. "It's a shame that we also have to play against teams like Mean Monstars. My players aren't going to learn much from that. I'd rather play against high-profile teams", Ateneo Jologs manager, Aldo made his low opinions about Mean MOnstars known. "We'll eat them for breakfast", retorted Aldo confidently.

The first half of the match was tough for the ateneo jologs squad, making the score 68-61 in favour of Monstars. The margin was brought down in the 3rd quarter and a scoring tug of war game in 4th quarter Ateneo Jologs was down by 5points in the last 6 seconds of 4th period until Durhan Gulbeniz made a confident three pointer cutting down the lead of Monstars to 2pts and making the foul. It was a complete party for Ateneo Jologs, with 2 freethrows of Monstars missed and getting the defensive rebound courtesy of the new Jologs cager, Sabit Azade 1 second to go proceeding to increase the lead even further: in the last second Filimon Dorotheo fished for a foul and sinking two free throws giving both teams the opportunity to throw it all out in overtime.

Justice was served in the clash between Ateneo Jologs and Mean Monstars. The squad of Aldo created more chances and their victory was well-deserved. 136-139 was the final score.

"If manager Aldo said two words to his team at half time, it was concentration and focus." - LIA CRUZ

Will Clarence Altman leave Ateneo Jologs?

Clarence Altman along with other Jologs Cagers can look forward to a new club. Ateneo Jologs mostly seems to be out for money. That is the most likely reason for the considerable price tag on Altman. "We consider this a more than reasonable price for such a quality 19 yr old Center. The fact that we can really use the money is a public secret", the manager admitted. We will have to wait and see if a club would be willing to pay the asking price, said to be around $250,000.

Last edited by LA-ubALDO Nudalo at 04/20/2008 01:34:34

Rebuilding
This Post:
14411.32 in reply to 14411.31
Date: 04/20/2008 13:19:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Great 8 season ended with a three way tie to the top seed (league II.3)

This time, the division II.3's Great 8 is having a buzz worthy look: "Who is the greatest team in the league?" And right now, it is being fought on by three teams, team Polydozel, krispykreme (former DE LA SALLE GREEN ARCHERS), and -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-.

Team Polydozel seems to be the one who will be taking the first seed. for having the best points-for to points-against ratio (just one assumption)... but if you look at past history, it may not be so.

Team Polydozel never won a game against -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-, and may be the same also with krispykreme, if not for the team management change. Polydozel won big against others, but not in these two.

krispykreme had an emotional season after a surprising management move despite their flawless season run. The move came after the 4/1/2008 game against Batangas Blades, their first loss. Then they made an "under-the-table" move with the krispykreme management (krispykreme was playing in the II.2 league before the move). Their debut was the april 5 game against Demonix.

krispykreme never won a game after their move in league II.3, and now they are currently 2nd and should be playing against -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-. They played once, in which, -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- got the upper hand.

-l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- has been the surprising force in the conference. Winning 6 of their last 8 season games, and 7 out of 8 games before that, goes to show that even if they were relegated last season from league I.1, it doesn't mean that they are easy pushovers.

-l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- are predicted before the start of the season that they will be easy targets to the promotion. After the games were played, they were standing at a 6-4 record and facing a tough competitor for promotion by the name Jhoaden Nordista and the undefeated DE LA SALLE GREEN ARCHERS.

The teams were all after the promotion. Polydozel, Blades, and ARCHERS were the best bets in mid-season. and in this set-up, the spotlight was out on -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-, and they took advantage.

after their cup run loss against Aliens Salangat, -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- focused on the league promotion run and they had a whopping 7-1 game run, and another surprising 6-2 game run after. Floyd Alfeche was averaging about 20 points per game between these runs, and the "Rebound Inc." Jumar Tobio-Rhyan Canonizado was hoarding rebounds for wins, totaling a combined average of 25.3 rebounds per game.

"It's all about Experience, Pride, and Consistency... these are the ones who will vie for the promotion." says one basketball analyst. "-l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- carry the term 'experience'. for they are the leaders of the pack here: last season's league 1 team, last season final 256 in the cup... I'm tellin' ya, these men were challenged this season, and they are bound to get that crown."

"krispykreme follows the term 'Pride'. once 16-0 in the league, That's hard to do! carrying the emotions, the team change, new direction, new play style, new adjustments. Everything was new, and it was turmoil for them. everyone was stressed, everyone was beat down."

"But that was the Season 4 for you, and here comes the playoffs. one game elimination, it all comes down to this. they know they are Finals material, and i have a feeling it will be unleashed this Tuesday."

"team Polydozel is an interesting team for they were one of the teams who were fresh off the boats. even if they carried the term 'Division III.1champs', they know that this league that they're playing is different. It's not Division l, but it is division ll."

"What's good with team Polydozel is that they played the game in their own fashion and they're winning. 'A champion is a champion and should never be underestimated'. Now they are the dark horse of the conference and taking the first seed from the three-way-tie, and in the conference playoffs. 'Consistency' is a righteous word for them because they too, know that, they were

Last edited by Katchafire Collie at 04/20/2008 13:21:06

This Post:
14411.33 in reply to 14411.11
Date: 04/22/2008 04:18:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Former team Polydozel player killed in car crash

Mike Hontoria, the 2nd round pick of team Polydozel in Season 3, died Sunday morning as his car was seen wrecked to a post in Florence, Italy, sources said.

Police identified the body about 4AM in the morning, saying that the accident happened 25 minutes before the police arrived through county patrolling.

Patrolman Giulio Denaro received a report that an accident occurred and that witnesses called to send help.

"When I received the report, i hurried down road 18 in Florence, that is a very dangerous road when driving at night time, because no cat-eye hazards were in place... the roads are underdeveloped, and there are no light posts. When I arrived, many people were already there, looking on, crying, it was rally painful to see."

Hontoria was declared "Dead On Arrival" by the Ospedale Fiorentino doctors, on 5:52AM

Hontoria was drafted by league III.1 season 3 champions team Polydozel (pick 31) and even though many believed that the pick was "a steal" of the draft, the coach felt that Hontoria would be "clashing with the others".

On 2/4/2008, Hontoria was bought by the Devil's Energy Italia league V team. He played 14 games averaging 10 points, 8.5 rebounds on 25 minutes a game. Devil's Energy was booted out of the league, because of financial concerns, and because of the buy out clause and Italy league rule on not re-buying newly bought players, Hontoria was forced to be on leave.

"He was a great player, a true friend, a good kid." says the coach. "We will miss him."

This Post:
14411.34 in reply to 14411.33
Date: 04/23/2008 10:49:31
Overall Posts Rated:
8 Teams are confirmed for the upcoming JOSE RIZAL CUP

The list is finally out, and the teams are revealed on the upcoming JOSE RIZAL CUP. Held last April 23. Many fans and pundits alike are present to watch, as history is about to be made.

Taken from the press release for the JOSE RIZAL CUP:

Inspired by the LAPU-LAPU CUP in a rival on-line community, the JOSE RIZAL CUP is a scrimmage-based tournament wherein the participating teams would be involved in a single-round knockout system tournament wherein the titlist would have the bragging rights on the Philippine Buzzerbeater Community.

Teams from all over the Philippines are invited to join the first ever Scrimmage cup, and as soon as the announcements are made, Many are interested to join and see their favorites battle it out with other stars from other divisions.

There were some mysteries on who will be on the first list of participants. As many predicted, Jubas Beasts, RED ROBINS, and ATENEO JOLOGS were sure-fire favorites on who will be playing for in the cup to represent their division.

Much to everyone's surprise, the three teams, Along with Queen's Coast, are confirmed teams that will be playing in the cup, despite early predictions that only one team per division can play.

"We were aware about some predictions made over the internet. They say that we would limit teams from entering the cup." says RIZAL CUP representative and speaker Ignacio Bunye. "This goes to show that we are very much open to everyone. It's okay for us even if the whole division plays. That is our goal, for teams to play with each other, in any division."

Along with the teams mentioned, The list also confirmed team Polydozel, PILIPINAS NATIONALS, PBA ALL-STARS, and TGIF MANILA.

"It's still very early. This is only the primary list." Says Bunye "We are still analyzing other applicants who will be joining these 8 teams. We haven't decided yet if we are gonna be finalizing these 8 or to add up more teams. So for now it's like a preview for other teams who still have second thoughts... these are the teams that they would be facing... and then some. It's up to them if they are up for the challenge."

This Post:
14411.35 in reply to 14411.34
Date: 04/23/2008 11:22:21
Overall Posts Rated:
team Polydozel faces -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- in Conference Finals

The Playoffs was under way and team Polydozel couldn't be more excited at the set-up. Critics are saying that the epic match should be watched at the Great 8 Conference. For the reason that whoever wins the Conference final, will be the automatic promoted team.

"It's obvious. They have the highest winning record of the season. These teams are one notch higher than the others. and it's an easy pick."

Even picking on who's gonna win isn't a hard answer after all.

"No offense to team Polydozel, but they just couldn't compete with -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-. They had a good run... but It's about to end in Saturday." says one sports blogger.

"Polydozel is a good team. I really think that they would go this far... It's just that their still young in the league and it's too soon to leave the conference just yet." says another sports critic.

"Relegation put -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- focus to full throttle. They don't belong there in div. II, they are Div. I material." says one -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- fan.

"It will be very hard... for both teams. Whoever won the conference, will be very beat." says a Polydozel fan.

In their past 2 meetings, team Polydozel never won against -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-. The whole game has always been entertaining. Rivalry between the disputed tandems of all time. -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- Alfeche-Reyna versus Polydozel's Corneja-Tanas.

It is notable on these two games that Floyd Alfeche was the main man who made the Polydozel loss, and any of the Corneja-Tanas connection didn't contribute in the game.

Many predicted that it will be a high scoring game, with -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- leaving as winners, but this doesn't affect the other team at all.

"We've always felt that we're the underdogs, and i think it's better that way." says Simeon Tongson during a Polydozel practice. "Look what it did to us... a playoff run. and the focus is less on us, we can play our game more efficiently."

The Great 8 winner will face the Big 8 winner, which will be battled by LA_LAKERS28 and TGIF MANILA. The two winners will then battle it out on a best of three set-up, to decide on who will be the league II.3 Season 4 champion.

This Post:
14411.36 in reply to 14411.35
Date: 04/24/2008 00:07:08
Overall Posts Rated:
PILIPINAS NATIONALS ACQUIRES NEW PLAYMAKERS

PILIPINAS COLLOSEUM, Philippines - Looking to plugin the holes on its roster, PILIPINAS NATIONALS coach PurongPinoy acquired 2 additional playmakers for the team. Spain's Felipe Lopez de Haro and Latvia's Armantas Padzikevicius. Both are 6'5 playmakers and are expected to see lots of minutes during the post season.

"We need to shore up our backcourt. It would be very difficult to Roman(Helesic) to continue logging in too much minutes playing on the backcourt. We are afraid that he might be overstressing himself so we took in some help for him." said the fiery NATIONALS coach. "Padzikevicius is still not in good game shape but we are hoping to get him into game shape before season 5 begins. Haro on the other hand is a work in progress. But the coming JOSE RIZAL CUP would be a good way for them to develop their games and blend into the rest of the team."

The height factor was a big part in the team's decision to take the 2 playmakers. "It's very difficult to get 6'5 pointguards nowadays. Either they are priced too high or they are not as good as they were advertised. With these 2, we would have to make them realize their potentials with us." added the coach. "With the new additions, we didn't just shored up our point position, we also added some versatility because both could slide down to the #2 or #3 spot."

The NATIONALS participation in the coming JOSE RIZAL CUP would be a good test on how the new recruits would fit in the Philippine brand of play.

Last edited by purongpinoy at 04/24/2008 03:15:06

This Post:
14411.37 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 04/24/2008 04:30:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Nordista storming the EBBL

In just 19 years of age, Jhoaden Nordista is an absolute monster, and he ruled league II.3 with ease. Putting up solid numbers, 50-point games, 40-point games, 30-point games... he even made his team, the DE LA SALLE GREEN ARCHERS, unbeatable.

Not all players have to wait for their prime for this to happen.

And that became true, when, in a shocking move, Nordista is transferred to a European team, playing European basketball.

"At 19 years of age, you'll never predict what is on this kid's mind, what is he destined for." says Quinito Henson.

Nordista answered this quote after his 4 games played in England. "Greatness"

In an instant, England's Vitamin Power immediately made the deadly Marksman play what he usually does... and that suits him just fine.

"[Nordista] is a perfect fit in the system. Even for his size, he does superb work and magnificent plays, and he's really fun to watch, as though he's small, he's like, toying other big men. He really is one clever chap." says one VP fan.

England's Vitamin Power is currently one of the season's best. currently in a three-way-tie for second place overall, and currently placed first in the league's Great 8. The management was happy with what they are now, but never contended.

"in truth we are one of the better teams playing for the trophy. But better doesn't always win the trophies. It's always the beats teams who goes home with the championship. We want to be that kind of caliber, and we believe that with Nordista's acquisition, we are one level near to that goal. Or we believe that we may be now." says one VP executive.

Nordista's glory days were never down. Other than his promising performances at the EBBL, rumors from different BB rumor mill says that he is an obvious favorite for the NT squad addition. Representing your team for glory, and as others quote him, "One of the best players of our country, playing for one of the best teams abroad."

Let's just hope that he doesn't toy around.

This Post:
14411.38 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 04/25/2008 06:44:19
Overall Posts Rated:
team Polydozel wins against Spring Chickens, starters not present

Team Polydozel invited League II.1's Spring Chickens team for a goodwill scrimmage game last Thursday wherein the Polydozels won by the score of 56-74 at the PAL Arena.

Gervil Tidalgo played the whole game and scored 20 points, shooting 7 of 20, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, and two threes, followed by Nolie Corneja, with 16 points, shooting 7 of 19 shots, 7 rebounds, and a steal.

"It was very honoring that Spring Chickens accepted our invitations. It will help us a lot for the upcoming RIZAL Cup." says Cristobal Key, Polydozel trainer. "Also, the guys need to pump it up for the upcoming Semis against red dragons."

The usual starting lineup didn't suit up for the game. As they went to a different training program designed by the said trainer.

"I told them not to bother suiting up to get ready for the semifinals. They've been through enough pressure and I don't want them staggering in Saturday. And as I've seen through the game, they enjoyed supporting their teammates and they had a lot of fun."

Simeon Tongson was cornered by their fans, wanting an autograph or two. And the center never held them back.

"They are always there watching the games, and I feel grateful, this is my part in returning a favor, at least." says Tongson. "They are the reasons why this team is existing, and I really thank them for their support."

At halftime, several selected fans were given a chance to have a picture taking session along with the whole team, and the team made a fun game for everyone, giving away signed jerseys and basketballs as prizes.

"The fans are really having a great time, and so do I." says guard Mervyn Jamora. "I've seen them very supportive at games, but never like this. It's like we're having a playoffs environment here, but it's all fun and smiles. No pressure!"

On the other hand, Spring Chicken team members were asked for autographs, too. flanked by tens and hundreds of fans.

"The event was fun." says Spring Chicken's Luke Zabala, who was also present at the event. "The event was really for the fans, not the tournament and I feel honored to be part on this."

The Polydozels believed that this is just what they needed, fun, games, and interaction with fans, in order to give their upcoming opponents a hard time winning the Conference.

"It relieves them from stress, and actually inspires them to do more unconsciously." Key added.

This Post:
14411.39 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 04/25/2008 07:34:44
Overall Posts Rated:
team Polydozel in talks for player acquisitions abroad

There have been rumors spreading for days about team Polydozel making plans to buy a couple of players abroad. And sources confirmed that this really happened and moves might be made after the draft.

"There are a couple of key acquisitions that can be made, and they believed scouts are already doing their job around Spain, Japan, Korea, and the US." a close source confided to the BB Sports Network.

Kristofer Souza, PR manager of team Polydozel, said this in their press conference after their Goodwill game event:

"We considered the idea of having foreign players to play with team Polydozel, as this is also been considered in the past. As all of you may know, team Polydozel prides on supporting local talent in the sport, that's why no changes has been made. We made one acquisition last season, but it never materialized because of management reasons. and now, we came up to the idea again with concerns about the uprise of Filipino talent in basketball. To put it simple, the league is changing, and the level of Philippine Basketball is really taking up another notch. I, on behalf of the management and the team, propose the full cooperation of everyone, especially the fans, to consider this such move to take effect without earlier notice. To catch up with the current teams and to stay competitive, and also, we consider the fans' enjoyment."

"But these such moves won't be happening soon, because of the fact that we are still focusing Filipino talents to come up. Foreign players may become our priority, but it is not our first. And so, at this time, no such acquisition shall be made. As we believe the team have what it takes to be one of the most competitive teams in the Philippines."

Souza also stated about rumors about the arena change, part of team revamping.

"The PAL Arena has always been good to us, and there are lots of memories shared in this arena, this arena witnessed the first championship of the team, and though some say that the stadium is too small for our fan base, we believe that having PAL Arena as our home is best for the team. And right now, we are helping PAL Arena executives to fund the arena expansion. and now we are currently installing 250 seats for fans who never tire to watch us." says Souza.

"We are staying in our home, we think we won't be having talks about moving out for a long time."

Team Polydozel is one of the teams in the BB league Philippines who prides on promoting Filipino players to play. Currently they are composed of 13 all-Filipino players and in history they bought an Italian player to play in the third season of the III.1 league, but it only lasted him playing a couple or more games, never even contributed in making the crown.

Advertisement