BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14411.20 in reply to 14411.11
Date: 03/11/2008 08:38:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Mandaue Selection wins 12th straight league game

Rookie Egbert Somosierra scored for 48 pts and grabbed 20 rebounds as the Mandaue Selection mangled the Loyola Hts BC Team. Mr. Somo was ably backed up by Jules Salmayor (27 pts, 22 rebs) who also have a 20-20 performance. The ploy of coach Jack O. to use 2 PGs worked perfectly as Nicolas and Aglipay each had 7 assists each. Lito Guevarra led Loyola Hts with 29 pts.

Notes: NT member Masuecos was rested by the coaching staff and will be available in the selections cup match.

Last edited by Jack O. at 03/11/2008 08:53:30

This Post:
14411.21 in reply to 14411.20
Date: 03/11/2008 11:28:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Tanas Storm

Melencio Tanas' rampage continues as his double-double (30 points, 10 rebounds) ushered their team in a win against Caltleyans, held at the PAL arena.

Tanas was rated 8.5 (MVP of the game), his third above 8 rating in the season.

"I didn't even threw a three ball." says Tanas. "playing fast ball doesn't require outside shots. I just drove and made perimeters and luckily everyone else had a fine game as well!"

Mervyn Jamora scored 23 points, Nolie Corneja with 22 points, Cybel Sumaylo surprised Caltleyans with a 19 point, 16 rebound performance, Gervil Tidalgo with 19 points, and Mark Tacdoro with 14 points and 12 rebounds.

With the three players (Tanas, Tacdoro, and Sumaylo) playing big minutes, the usual Hipolito Guarnes (10 points), Simeon Tongson (6 points, 7 rebounds in 14 minutes), and Cirilo Magoncia (4 points, 4 assists) were force benched due to foul troubles (Guarnes, Tongson) and groin stress (Magoncia).

With Magoncia's condition, it's acceptable. 'Mags' was in heat lately as he erupted for 7 points, 6 assists in 5 games. As his game time rose up, his conditioning was deteriorating.

"We never expected his game to go up this quickly, so we took advantage on it... it now came with a toll... so we were just making sure that he plays well in the long run... we have to give him rest." says the coach.

PAL arena also took renovations as they added 100+ seats today. It is expected to be done before the next home game.

"It is the primary concern, the fans are suddenly increasing... thanks to the promotion!" says the Polydozel GM. "We signed a partnership contract with the arena owner as part of the proposal to help expand the horizons of both parties. i think both of us will benefit well with this move and we wish for a more prosperous future."

This Post:
14411.22 in reply to 14411.21
Date: 03/16/2008 13:36:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Celestial on a 13-0 streak

The Furys emerge as the team to beat in the Philippine League I.1, demolishing teams en route to a 13-0 win loss record, besting championship contenders Jubas Beasts, San Miguel Beermen, Air 21 Express, and Ateneo Jologs.

"We've had blowouts, but also close games." Said rookie sensation Brian Olandria. "I think these games will help us prepare for our Cup and Championship run."

The Furys have been averaging a whopping .520 FG clip for the season, an all-time best record for a team in the Philippines, with 8 players averaging in double digits.

"Their run has been superb so far." Said Quinito Henson, a basketball analyst. "They are slowly becoming the most successful team in Philippine Basketball History."

The Celestial management, meanwhile, has expanded their stadium to 7190 seats, the biggest arena so far in the country. And are brewing up some surprises for the upcoming League and Cup championships.

Sources say that they are planning to sign an undisclosed superstar to boost their game. No contracts have been handed out yet, but everyone says that it will be big. The team has been rumored to be freeing up some cap space to accomodate the aforementioned player.

The fans are ecstatic with this development.

Last edited by lovedaph at 03/16/2008 13:42:58

This Post:
14411.23 in reply to 14411.22
Date: 03/16/2008 14:09:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Beast Unleashed

Everyday is a normal day at the Hope, the home arena for Jaguarz!!! arena personnel line up for the standard procedures, stalls open for customers, air-conditioning is same as the other home games they hosted.

So maybe it isn't in the place, how about the time and date?

There's nothing special either... just maybe approx. 5 of the home audience is having their birthday that day.

These questions can be answered, but everyone on the arena are still puzzled on how, did the Polydozel giant Simeon Tongson managed a triple double.

Tongson played 39 minutes while gaining 13 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 steals. The Polydozel center is really everywhere on the court. He even managed to throw down a three pointer.

"[Tongson] never really thought about offense... even though he is a skilled offensive mammoth, he really relies his game on defense." says Sev Sarmienta, basketball analyst and former commentator. "I admire people who give defense the most priority.. because not all have that kind of mentality."

"He is our core... without him, we wouldn't be able to function this well... even if we move freely, Simeon can make it work out... offense or defense." Says All-star Nolie Corneja.

Corneja, by the way, isn't a contender for the all-star spot as his other teammate, Melencio Tanas managed to get the 2-guard votes in this season's unofficial All-star balloting. The official balloting takes place on march 19.

"Lencio is an explosive player, and i'm old!" Corneja says amusingly... "I really have no problem about it.. I'm proud to have an all-star as a teammate"

Mervyn Jamora and Tongson also are favorites in the coming all-star game. While Hipolito Guarnes is still pending prior to the official balloting. If Guarnes managed to play the all-star weekend, he will be the first Polydozel rookie to be in the all-star selection.

This Post:
14411.24 in reply to 14411.23
Date: 03/21/2008 11:15:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Tough playoff battle predicted in the Great 8 division

DE LA SALLE GREEN ARCHERS may seem that they have a high chance in winning promotion. they currently have the best record in the league in terms of wins, racking up 13 straight wins and an unblemished season so far for them. Teams in the Great 8 division is looking to be a very tight contest, yet the ARCHERS looked that they are still a notch higher than any team in the league.

But, they are not the Dark Horse of this league, team Polydozel is.

The ARCHERS record is 13-0 and Polydozel is at 10-3 (including a loss at ARCHERS). The ARCHERS will surely throne in the first spot, but they will surely have a hard time grasping the great 8 conference championship as team Polydozel is surely a powerful 2 spot occupier.

"the team of Katchafire recorded the most lead won per game than the ARCHERS and they only went to play 3 games in low scoring. Archers may be in advantage cause in statistics, they have the lowest points to points against ratio. but this only applies to the game flow" says Andy Jao, a recognized Philippine sports personality.

"ARCHERS play base offense but in a very scary way. they perfected the play, and then some. They know the flow and every little detail of it, and their players, especially Nordista, can play better offense even with their eyes closed." says Jao.

"Polydozel, however, is the surprise this season. They don't have the same play everytime they get on the court. because the plays are the one who is adapting to the players. each player here is remarkable on their own field. they have defense and offense virtuosos who are more comfortable in doing in their own thing, yet they blend well in the court. And they play up-tempo, and high scoring games! In short, these are two rivals which gives people a worth in their ticket money kasi labanan to ng mga masunurin at ng matitigas ang ulo! (laughs)"

"Also, the matchup is very epic-made here." Jao added. "parang nasa PBA league n tong teams n to eh... Along with the Beermen, Beasts, and Celestial Fury. They can be teams on the same caliber"

This Post:
14411.25 in reply to 14411.24
Date: 03/26/2008 02:10:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Best Game TGIF Manila Ever Played

Red Dragons v TGIF Manila (2607465)

*45 points defecit
*highest player rating (11.5)
*50% FG
*70 total Rebounds
*26 Assits

This Post:
14411.26 in reply to 14411.25
Date: 03/26/2008 09:13:23
Overall Posts Rated:
nice numbers. ^_^ keep it up

Rebuilding
This Post:
14411.27 in reply to 14411.11
Date: 04/03/2008 21:54:44
Overall Posts Rated:
JUBAS BEASTS, THE NEW PHILIPPINE CUP CHAMP!

The unbeatable Celestial Fury(54024) has been beaten for the first time this season with a very low scoring game of 72-60(3985662) . The game last night is what the Beasts have been preparing for the last couple of weeks. The road the Cup Finals was a smooth one for the Beasts as they didn't really have much difficulty against the teams they faced.

The game last night was one of the toughest ones they had for this season. Coach Alas told his players to come out strong early in the game as he expects the Celestials to rally in the second half. Behind Cup MVP Liang Wai "Laway" Cheng(2445408) who scored 17 first half points, the Beasts posted a 14-point lead at the half. But Defense intensified at the start of the 3rd quarter with both team having trouble finding good shots. They only managed to find their range towards the end of the quarter. As expected, the Celestials made a huge rally in the 4th quarter outscoring the Beasts 8-19 with 1 minute remaining in the game. With the Beasts leading only by 4 points the Celestials opted to intentionally foul to stop the clock. With the game on the line Jorge Sarabia(2205517),who has had another poor shooting night, went to the line and calmly sank all his 6 freethrows in the suceeding plays. With excellent freethrow shooting the Beasts secured the lead on the way to winning the Cup with a 12-point lead.

Last edited by LA-Jubas at 04/04/2008 10:26:05

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...tapos wala na...
Message deleted
This Post:
14411.29 in reply to 14411.28
Date: 04/04/2008 06:11:31
Overall Posts Rated:
PIKON TALO

In response to the statement made by Coach Phil Jackson of the Celestial Punks, Coach Alas has released the following statement:

"We have expected that kind of reactions from people who can't take a loss. I mean how would you feel if your 27 game winning streak stopped by a team that you were supposed to beat. I would be crushed also. But you know, for someone to go out and trash the winner and other teams as well is just plain pathetic. I thought Coach Phil had class staying unbeaten and keeping mum about it. But I guess losing brings out the worst in you. Not to mention the misinformation within the organization where Mr. West claims they played "take it easy" then Mr. Jackson claiming they played "normal". Which is which guys?"

"Since, we're in the topic of why the Punks lost. I'll tell you why, it has come to the BB League Comission that the Punks have been gutting other teams to finance the signing of their "Star" players. Several teams under his management have been reprimanded. I guess I can freely discuss this now since the investigation is over and the Punks' Team Manager has been fired. As for him coming back with a storm, I doubt that since the League and other managers will be watching him very closely. And just a heads up for all the teams out there, once the Punks are deemed inactive their players will be out for grabs so get ready! And remember kids cheaters never win!"

And with that Coach Alas went back to the locker room to celebrate their honest and hard earned victory over the Unbeatable Punks.

Last edited by LA-Jubas at 04/04/2008 06:18:33

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...tapos wala na...
This Post:
14411.30 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 04/04/2008 11:08:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Fans disappointed with Nellas' showing

Hernando Nellas is a raise-eyebrow situation when he was acquired to play in team Polydozel's first season in the minor leagues, stating that he is plagued all-throughout his career and is near-reaching retirement. Many had high hopes on him when he was first drafted, and many were let down. That's why many pundits question team Polydozel's choice of player.

But after the third season of the League III.1, Polydozels seem to be the ones who were laughing as they were the surprise champions in the season.

Comeback kids, Redemptionists, The Full Restorations... these were some of the monikers used against this team, despite bearing the cup.

All this were caused by Nellas, who were one of the leading factor for this team's success, playing 14 of the 16 games of the season, playing as the number one option in offense, and second in the team in scoring, first in the team in rebounds... and steals!

It seems also that Katchafire Collie rejuvenated Nellas and made him a player again.

But now, the newly promoted is having problems with the veteran star.

"His latest injury impacted him a lot. you may think that he was traumatized" says the Polydozel trainer, Cristobal Key. "He's not exerting more than his usual."

"He's a big influence on and off the court." says Mark Tacdoro, who is doing a good job in filling in his shoes lately. "We don't rush him on his recovery. We need him in time for the playoffs. If one is weak, then the team is weak."

But the fans say otherwise.

"Nellas is very much over." says one die hard fan. "Frankly, In able for them to go further, they have to let off who are dead weight to the team." Rudely said, but true.

It's also true that if not for Nellas, even Zbynek Vyroubal, who was the first to get booted off along with a rookie, they would not have the cup, and the promotion.

"He'll be back, you cannot just assess hisability through his season play, there's still the playoffs, and that's a higher level for all the players, the ones who don't step up will be stepped over." says another Polydozel loyalty.

The team doesn't seem to do anything for the future of Nellas, who is also on his contract season... meaning that this could be his last season as a member of team Polydozel, or worse, as a player.

There's no hints whether he will retire after this season. "I don't have any plans to retire yet." says Nellas. "I still believe i can still perform for this team, but really, it's not my decision for that to happen, if they fire me after this season, so be it. But when the playoffs comes, I'll make sure that I'll play in there, and do better than what i'm playing right now. and maybe it will give the office something to think about... hehe!"

Advertisement