This Post:
283950.29 in reply to 283950.28
Date: 12/16/2016 06:23:37
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
And mine is Vottem, see how lucky I am ... Basically the only team in Belgium I can't beat :@

This Post:
283950.31 in reply to 283950.30
Date: 12/16/2016 08:06:56
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
I've just checked out the numbers :

not counting scrimmages and private league games, it appears we played each other no less than 43 times in official competition.

You won 32 times where I won 11 (basically a 3-to-1 ratio) BUT :

Spartans never won a play-off game (8 played), only one win out of 7 tournament games, so it leaves us with 18 league wins for you against my 10. Which doesn't seem bad, except that I only won once at yours (but you let that one slip on purpose) and all wins were actually drops from you.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/75889256/boxscore.aspx

This is my only win against you playing at full strength (thanks to a 3-pointer from Marichal on the buzzer to get overtime), so I REALLY would enjoy having someone else as rival (absolutely no offense to any other team, there is simply no other team against which I have such an horrible record).

That being said, I'll try to lose on tuesday with less that 12 points, that would already be an achievement !

This Post:
283950.33 in reply to 283950.22
Date: 12/16/2016 11:30:48
Estrellas Absurdas
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Almost Innocents
And, something which is also very important for the country of Belgium in BB, deals like this are a very GOOD thing, because when such players get bought by such determined managers, you can bet on it, they will try everything to make the player as good as he possibly can be.
So with the recent transfers of young Belgian talents in mind, i'm convinced the future of the Belgian NT is looking quite rosy actually. We may be heading towards one of the best Belgian Teams ever in BB history, taking into account the talents that are going to reach their potential in the coming years because besides AmenRa's transfers, there are also several other (somewhat older) talents currently in full training that are looking to be very promising.
GO BELGIUM !!!

Yes! I'm actually very delighted to see nice trainable youngsters bought by these very good and motivated managers. I'm very happy to see this evolution as we, scouts, have more the feeling it is not the amount of good draftees that is missing, but rather the managers willling to train them. Every season we see much promising youngsters lost due to lack of motivated trainers.

We didn't had only Jamie Deveneyn transfered yesterday, but also Alam (38691382) this noon, which was transferred to a good trainer and is also very promising! As I know several managers are asking what scouts actual do... I would like to give a little idea using Jamie or Alam, as both are at the moment in the highlights.
Jamie: When Jamie was drafted, we contacted the manager (recent team) telling him he had some very nice youngster drafted in his team, asking him if he could send us the skills for further folow-up, if he would be trained or if he would be TL'ed. The manager didn't responded (as we have many of them)... but in this case probably a bell was ringing in his head and after a week, Jamie was put on the TL... with the result you all know ;-)
Alam: this guy has a totally other story. Normally you would never have heard of Alam... as the manager was hardly active.
However, we were able to reach this manager (passing by once a month) and could persuade him to train Alam, and in extra to set a default line-up. After a season or two, we were able to contact him again (after several months trying) and asked him to change the default line-up and training, which luckely he did. The manager didn't loged in anymore and the player became Free Agent, and now has good chances to reach NT.
So, every player has his own story, which is not always known by the community, but sometimes nice to share!

This Post:
283950.34 in reply to 283950.19
Date: 12/16/2016 12:35:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, despite a coach with career extension, Neudt dropped several times last season :/ But the sale of Minwei is a great news !

I don't remember exactly, but Joe seems have the right numbers, the are indeed more than 10 skill points between them, that make me thing 65days have a player could reach 150 TSP :D

This Post:
283950.36 in reply to 283950.35
Date: 12/16/2016 12:59:13
Estrellas Absurdas
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Almost Innocents
I think Alam was selected in the U21 team when his team became a bot. Would he have been retired if not, or would he have been on the TL anyway?

I personally think he would have been Free Agent even without being in the U21 team, having less salary then 60k and more then 60 TSP... But as we weren't sure we didn't took any risk and selected him into the U21

This Post:
283950.37 in reply to 283950.25
Date: 12/16/2016 14:56:43
Overall Posts Rated:

Yes it's not clear, I don't like the "especially in the low-to-middle range". Usually that means nothing will change in the top potentials. We will see... But again, a TSP of 65 from a max of 70, we won't see that very often :)

65?, he's "only" 56 in our DB, a mistake?

This Post:
283950.38 in reply to 283950.33
Date: 12/16/2016 15:47:57
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
That's a very nice job you did there, saving 2 players who would have been lost otherwise.

Let's hope they'll be well trained (based on their buyers we can hope so), but you can be proud of yourselves !

This Post:
283950.39 in reply to 283950.38
Date: 12/16/2016 16:09:52
Estrellas Absurdas
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Almost Innocents
it's a part of the scouting work our scouts do, most managers aren't aware of... so I wanted to highlight it once!

Advertisement