This Post:
308943.36 in reply to 308943.35
Date: 07/22/2021 04:17:19
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Pilipinas NT Press Release:
Panthers lose to Italy, bow out of the Tournament

The Pilipinas Panthers fail to advance in the next round of the Repechange Tournament, losing to Italy, 99-82.

The loss of key players proved to be too much for Coach Lord Woody to handle. “We did what we could, with the squad that we have. I am proud of my boys. Now, it is time to regroup and for us focus on the Consolation Tournament.”

In what may be his last run with the National Team, Ramsey Paspe led the Panthers with 21 points and 10 rebounds. “I will always cherish my time with the National Team, whatever happens,” Ramsey said after the game.

The Philippines will play against Egypt this Monday.

This Post:
308943.38 in reply to 308943.37
Date: 07/27/2021 01:14:23
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Panthers beat Egypt, 114-80

It was an ugly win, but we will take it, nonetheless.

That was the crux of Coach Lord Woody’s post-game huddle with the Panthers after they beat Egypt, 114-80. Seven of ten Pilipinas Panthers scored in double figures - Kidlat Celebria leading the way with 16 points. It was clear, however, that Lord Woody was not pleased with the team’s performance. “We clearly have a problem. We cannot allow teams attempt 30 plus shots from the stripe every game. If we played against a top-20 team, I am sure the outcome would be different”, Lord Woody said during the post-game conference.

There are rumors that oddsmakers were trying to keep this close. The Panthers were called ticky tack fouls against the Egyptians, with Nuri Zuabi and Mahmoud Muthanna being the prime beneficiaries of the calls. “The calls were so questionable, it makes James Harden’s foul baiting to be the standard of what is a foul”, a Panthers team official said via text message.

The win gives the Panthers a 1-2 record, good enough for 42nd place in the Consolation Tournament. They face undefeated England in the round.

This Post:
308943.40 in reply to 308943.39
Date: 08/11/2021 00:49:38
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release
Panthers eke past Australia, 101-91

Filipino resilience and sheer determination helped the Panthers beat Australia, 101-91 last night at the GenX Arena.

While the Panthers outrebounded and out-assisted the Boomers, the Australians almost beat the Filipinos, converting 11 out of 31 three-point attempts. The Panthers managed to convert only two three-point shots. The game, however, was won in the free throw line. Bigman Howell Rios did not miss a free throw in 10 attempts, and the Panthers went to the line 31 times, against Australia’s 8 attempts.

“This was not the outcome I was expecting. I guess we are still reeling from the loss against England last week. We have to let go (of that game), and play our brand of basketball again.” Coach Lord Woody said during the post-game conference.

Game shape is starting to become a factor in the tournament, and with three games left, the Panthers’ path to the next phase of the tournament is not as clear now. “We cannot afford to lose again, and we have to beat our remaining opponents convincingly, go after the point differential,” Coach Lord Woody said.

This Post:
308943.41 in reply to 308943.40
Date: 08/20/2021 01:36:48
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Panthers beat Peru, 97-83

The Pilipinas Panthers survived another scary start, outscoring 31st seed Peru in the second half by 22 points en route to another victory Monday night.

The Pilipinas starters held their ground in the fourth quarter, who were led by Kidlat Celebria (22 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists) and Dingdong Fornoles (16 points, 1 rebound, 3 assists). “We got the job done when it mattered the most. Our goal is to win our last two assignments by as many points as we can. I am hopeful we will make it to the next phase of the tournament,” coach Lord Woody said after the game.

The Panthers are playing without guard Prudence Oton, who is going through the league’s concussion protocol. He suffered a nasty fall, and entered the wrong dugout by the end of the game. “You know he is not himself when he enters the opposing team’s dugout, and starts singing the Kumbaya”, a Pampanga Dragons team official said. When asked for a comment, coach Lord Woody said “We will work with the pieces that we have. I hope Prudence makes it back in time for the next round.”

The victory brings Team Philippines to the top 40 of this season’s Consolation Tournament. A blowout win against their last two opponents would help secure the team’s chances to advance in the next stage.

This Post:
308943.42 in reply to 308943.41
Date: 08/25/2021 01:37:03
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Panthers win against Costa Rica

Team Pilipinas had to endure another brutal first quarter before putting away a gritty Costa Rican squad last night at the San Antonio arena, 107 to 87. James Mabaquiao led seven Panthers in double figures, finishing the game with 17 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists.

Coach Lord Woody used a balanced offense against the Costa Ricans - “I just want to make sure no more players are injured,” Lord Woody said when asked why he chose to give players at least 20 minutes of playing time.

The win gives the Panthers a 4-3 record, but with one game left in the preliminary round of this season’s Consolation Tournament, the window to enter the next round appears to be shut. For the Philippines to qualify, Argentina, Taiwan, Canada, Peru, and Iran have to lose against their respective opponents, and the Philippines must win against Brazil. “There are too many conditions that have to be met. We will do our best against Brazil, and hope (those) teams will lose their last game

Last edited by fpanzer10 at 08/25/2021 01:37:36