This Post:
323290.38 in reply to 323290.37
Date: 06/10/2024 08:03:44
Laguna Buko Mixers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Laguna Bay Mantarays
Hence the end of Season 64. Again, it wasn't the ending that we wanted, so apologies again to everyone. On to Season 65, in the consolation tournament. Not much to say about it, but because of the new rules regarding Home Court Advantages (HCA), the consolation games will mostly be a game for pride and honor, nothing more. We can't get HCA via this tournament because according to the Game Manual, "A NT&U21 team who won a trophy(1-4 places) in the past 6 seasons will not enjoy another HCA, even if they won the consolation tournament." So, we'll take this opportunity to polish Pinoy manager skills in training, and as well as my coaching skills.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank the managers of the players included in the team. Thank you for taking care of the player's training and game shape. It was a pleasure talking with y'all.

I'm now wiping the roster clean and scout the incoming rookies starting tomorrow. Hope we can secure a lot of decent prospects in this draft.

And also, in case you missed it, I posted an "Almost Comprehensive" training guide in Taglish. I'll also be including another one in 100% English, probably after an hour or two.

Good luck in your drafts and enjoy the rest of the week!

- Leo

This Post:
323290.39 in reply to 323290.38
Date: 06/24/2024 14:55:46
Laguna Buko Mixers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Laguna Bay Mantarays
Pilipinas U21 off to a rough start, routed by Slovakia U21, 89-104 (75380)

Bratislava, Slovakia -- Pilipinas U21 starts off the consolation tournament journey with a loss against a strong Slovakia U21 team, 89-104. It was close in the first half, but a huge 3rd quarter run spelled the difference for the Slovaks, and the Pinoys never recovered. With this loss, Pinoys will start with a 0-1 win-loss card and will look to barge into win column next week against Pakistan U21, who earlier won via default against Belarus U21.

Jozef Bršel led the way for Slovakia U21 as he scored 25 points on 8-16 shooting clip and dished out 5 assists. Vincent Matiaš and Erik Hatrák contributed 13 points each.

For the Philippines, June Elle paced the team with 29 points on 12 of 27 field goal shooting, while the veteran Allan Camilo Onganon chipped in 18 points and hauled 9 rebounds. Lucio Chiu had a decent double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.

As briefly mentioned above, Pilipinas U21's next game in the Consolation Tournament will be against Pakistan U21, June 1, 5:30pm, held in Manila, Philippines. See you there and support our National Teams!

Points Leaders:
June Elle - 29 points
Allan Camilo Onganon - 18 points
Lucio Chiu - 12 points

Rebounds Leaders:
Lucio Chiu - 11 rebounds
Allan Camilo Onganon - 9 rebounds
Manny Emil Ricamona - 4 rebounds

Assists Leaders:
Manny Emil Ricamona - 8 assists
Froilan Villablanca - 8 assists
Lucio Chiu - 5 assists