BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Philippines > [U21] S44-45: defend the yard!

[U21] S44-45: defend the yard!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
297094.52 in reply to 297094.47
Date: 1/28/2019 8:43:41 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations!

This Post:
297094.54 in reply to 297094.53
Date: 1/28/2019 4:55:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot!

This Post:
297094.55 in reply to 297094.54
Date: 1/28/2019 5:20:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's it guys. This season is over and phew, we are the champions. I mean, we are the champions. Really? Really.
We are the champions! Unexpected, but well deserved, well fucking deserved!
Before deep diving further tactical analysis I would like to present you the roster and their amazing managers.

THE STARTING FIVE
- Dingdong "Ring the bell" Fornoles (manager FINAL FANTASY - Taiwan): probably the best player I've ever seen in the U21, our defensive monster played every single match, even when he was 7 in shape. He's the strangest player to put in the lineup, he needed constantly to be switched, he played PG, SG, SF and PF, he forced me to always have the right combo to adjust the defense but if you see the matchup ratings he allowed you will see how much impact he did have for us
- Prudence "Don't shoot!" Oton (manager Coohky - France): as I said above, he stepped up big during the season to be the right man in the right place. Bad shooting percentage, great defense, good passing rate. At the beginning of this Asian championship I was really worried for the PG spot in which only Israel was on track. Israel went down with injuries and Oton has been perfectly trained (thanks!).
- Samuel Sammy "Uncle Sam" Luzon (manager ME! It's MINE!): he's the lucky guy. You know, like Ringo Starr in the Beatles, Victoria Adams in the Spice Girls, or whatsoever less talented guy who made the other talented guys free to play at their best. Luzon is the "switch guy" to compensate Fornoles, I bought him when he was 20yo, so credits to his previous manager too.
- Pastor "The Story" Gavadan (manager Greer - Italy): he's the story of this AC. Only one world caliber big man, paired with low profile guys in every match, affordable scorer but he went down for 2 weeks, he came back, he celebrated the win vs Australia and then again another injury, another two weeks right when the semifinal (and the final) were approaching. It seemed all over for him, his manager bought a super-doctor, Gavadan came back on time to play on thursday before the semifinal, he trained shape. He was 9 in shape, he played the semi, he played the final, he won the final, he annihilated China. Good job Pastor, you're THE GUY.
- Ludivino "Ugly Ludy" Gamosa (manager Greer - again!): our team was full of secondaries, full of TSP, full of pink colors everywhere. Gamosa is not, but he's 20. And played in a final vs the #1 n the world, against proficient 21yo players with more than three times his DMI. Just to say Thank you to my old friend Greer, old because I knew him since many years (not because he's old, really), we won many things together and he's a master in training ugly centers (Hey opponents, don't lay on this, Gamosa is being trained now to be more skilled on both sides!)

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 1/28/2019 5:21:04 PM

This Post:
297094.56 in reply to 297094.55
Date: 1/28/2019 5:44:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OFF THE BENCH
- Edsel "Falcon Eye" Dionson (manager Devastator - Philippines): if you don't notice a point guard playing it means he's good. He played as a starter only few times, played as a backup for Israel, a backup for Oton, even for Fornoles or Luzon. But if you see the assist standings, he's the number one.
- David "The future" Israel (manager F1 - Philippines): Injuries didn't allow him to grow as expected but he's a special player, a talented one, ready to be the leader of our next U21 next season. The world is waiting for him, the Asian already watched how good he can be, even against older players.
- Gareth "It doesn't matter" Rebueno (manager Penko* - Spain): he is Andre Iguodala, definetly. The glue guy we needed to play in the first part of the competition, to allow the others to make the right pops and to grow as fast as they can having always a good replacement for every role, since he's a little of everything.
- Rodolfh "Defense" Espiritu (manager The Beast - Philippines): extremely useful. Every other word cannot describe properly is real talent apart from "useful". A Draymond Green like big man, capable of passing, huge defender one on one, good shooting ability. Gamosa overtook him during the season but he always did his job, as a starter as well as off the bench.
- Juan Marcelo "JM" Lim (manager Ob1 - Philippines): hey Ob, we won! You supported me a lot and you're growing up a very unique guy for the next season. This one served him to make some experience and to celebrate a great victory, but his effort needs to be focused on a world medal! A good presence off the bench, especially in scoring, he loved fast paced tactics and thats a good knowledge for the future.
- Isaac "Prophecy" Gilo (manager Gnappo188 - Italy): he's my favorite user. With him training italian players I won the other golds in my career, and the strange thing is that mainly I didn't even know he acquired Isaac. He did it on his own and when I've been elected as your coach we found our road to be together again. And another gold came out! DON'T LEAVE ME!
- Serg "Run!" Cargado (manager ME! Why always me!): his season with PHI U21 is mainly related to just one match. THE match according to me. Beating Australia allowed us to get on Malaysia, avoiding China in the semifinal, and he did everything almost on his own, only one player able to shoot and to score from outside. But the best is yet to come, moreover he's mine!
- Brian "From out of nowhere" Briza (manager atgex - Philippines): From out of nowhere, because he was lost in my database without a clear reason to be selected since he was beyond the other guys in the backcourt. But he was always in great shape, his defense grew a lot. And his manager followed me on every request, he did an amazing job making Briza an X factor for our bench. I am grateful!
- Marcus "Eye of the tiger" Maciado (manager Jeorge9 - Philippines): "do you really want to pick him up?", yes I do. He wasn't strong, he wasn't "big". But he could have been so useful and your NT coach jeorge trained him really good to be a fit in our team. Unfortunately for him we didn't play much outside attacks, so he's never been unleashed. And during the only one match as a starter he's been ejected
- Jon "Secret weapon" Yorac (manager AnnaGGL - Italy): so secret that in the end we never played with him. He was my guy, I hoped so much to have him for the final but indeed 2 weeks injury kicked him out. His internal skills would have given us points and stats off the bench at least but yeah, he can surely be a target for the NT with his all around skillset.

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 1/28/2019 5:45:03 PM

This Post:
297094.57 in reply to 297094.56
Date: 1/28/2019 6:10:01 PM
Celebes Sea Sailors
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Celebes Sea Sailors II
Congrats coach.. i hope this win will encourage more local trainers to train. Being in the international stage here in BB, and everywhere else I think, is a very big achievement.. Hey, calling out the active managers in Pilipinas. Let's train for a larger pool of players.

Of course big thanks to Coach Ndr and his friends for helping a lot in the process of developing our players. And of course a few of our local coaches who were very enthusiastic in suggesting game plans and monitoring every game. Big win for us!!!

This Post:
297094.58 in reply to 297094.56
Date: 1/28/2019 7:07:35 PM
Rad Hoopers
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
conggrats, job well done

Someone once told me I needed to face fear to get over it, and I thought well why not take a step further and cut my fear into little pieces then set my fear on fire then throw the hot ash of my fear into a lake and then poison the lake. Simple!
This Post:
297094.59 in reply to 297094.56
Date: 1/28/2019 10:50:24 PM
O-Beshimi
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Got 2 hof's this draft. the problem is one is a guard and the other is a big. TSP is not that high but I have to train these guys for Coach Jeorge. I am selling my 19 year old secondary trainees that have a good shot at making u21 if trained well. Newbie trainers if anybody is interested please take a look at our local transfer thread. The funny thing is, i got these 2 without using any draft points, totally random.

To: Ob1
This Post:
297094.60 in reply to 297094.59
Date: 1/29/2019 1:31:36 AM
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
whoa! what type of luck do you have boss obi?? i did the same strategy and net me nothing this draft. hahahaha!

looking forward for those 18y/o HOF's! :)

This Post:
297094.61 in reply to 297094.60
Date: 1/29/2019 2:24:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Me too, always three crap players πŸ˜‚

This Post:
297094.62 in reply to 297094.60
Date: 1/29/2019 4:09:14 AM
O-Beshimi
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Just lucky, first hof drafted after 30 seasons if you add my former team tenure, reward for getting ugly draft picks. I got 1 on the second and another on the third round. Did not even set my draft. Ang unang kinuha ng artificial coach was a role player in the first round. Buti nga sa akin napunta medyo mahirap mag train ng isang guard na maliit at matangkad na big, i'll make it work. Focus on Lim muna kasi may next season pa tayo sa u21. I think the big can make u21 in 2 seasons but the guard needs a lot of work kasi puro inside skills ang training ko this season so bahala na paabutin ng Seniors yan pareho.

Advertisement