BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Philippines > [U21] S44-45: defend the yard!

[U21] S44-45: defend the yard!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
297094.59 in reply to 297094.56
Date: 1/28/2019 10:50:24 PM
O-Beshimi
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Got 2 hof's this draft. the problem is one is a guard and the other is a big. TSP is not that high but I have to train these guys for Coach Jeorge. I am selling my 19 year old secondary trainees that have a good shot at making u21 if trained well. Newbie trainers if anybody is interested please take a look at our local transfer thread. The funny thing is, i got these 2 without using any draft points, totally random.

To: Ob1
This Post:
297094.60 in reply to 297094.59
Date: 1/29/2019 1:31:36 AM
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
whoa! what type of luck do you have boss obi?? i did the same strategy and net me nothing this draft. hahahaha!

looking forward for those 18y/o HOF's! :)

This Post:
297094.61 in reply to 297094.60
Date: 1/29/2019 2:24:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Me too, always three crap players 😂

This Post:
297094.62 in reply to 297094.60
Date: 1/29/2019 4:09:14 AM
O-Beshimi
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Just lucky, first hof drafted after 30 seasons if you add my former team tenure, reward for getting ugly draft picks. I got 1 on the second and another on the third round. Did not even set my draft. Ang unang kinuha ng artificial coach was a role player in the first round. Buti nga sa akin napunta medyo mahirap mag train ng isang guard na maliit at matangkad na big, i'll make it work. Focus on Lim muna kasi may next season pa tayo sa u21. I think the big can make u21 in 2 seasons but the guard needs a lot of work kasi puro inside skills ang training ko this season so bahala na paabutin ng Seniors yan pareho.

This Post:
297094.63 in reply to 297094.62
Date: 1/29/2019 4:59:11 AM
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
As long as you are the one training them i'm more than comfortable with that boss. Actually interested ako how you will make it work. Keep us posted coach. May mapipick up ako for sure how you handle training in such a setup na di magkaposition talaga ung trainees.

This Post:
297094.64 in reply to 297094.63
Date: 1/29/2019 6:31:53 AM
O-Beshimi
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Pwede mo silipin ang draft picks ko alam ko kasama yan sa powers ng Seniors coach to look at any player basta Pinoy, Ang u21 coach yata hanggang edad 21 lang makakasilip. Iniisip ko SF bagsak nila pareho sa Seniors. Pero yung isa big man sa u21.

Di ko sure kung nasusundan mo intl threads, si j-ka author ng training coefficients ng coach parrot active ulit sa boards ang contention niya sa data kaunti lang ang dagdag ng youth trainer pero ang sarili kong experience malaki pero at that time exceptional ang trainer ko pati youth. Tingin ko dapat kung advanced main trainer lang gamit mo tapos pinaresan mo ng superior parang world class main ang effect. So para mas clear kung ang combo mo mas mataas parang world class +1, +2 and so on. Estimate ko lang ito tamad ako mag analyze ng data. Di naman ako programmer or mathematician. For me, it helps kasi sa trainees pa lang parehong edad na track ko ang progress.

The psychologist helps kung hindi ka ma discarte sa minutes played for game shape. Vets can manage without one. On a side note, i hope we can build on this Gold. I dont want to compare u21 teams of the past. Not fair to past coaches but I remember us having more talent than this team that won the Gold, maybe its a combination of the Homecourt advantage plus the expert supervision of our Italian coach. Not to mention his staff. With more talent to choose from, we will always contend for medals.

Last edited by Ob1 at 1/29/2019 6:58:23 AM

This Post:
297094.65 in reply to 297094.64
Date: 1/29/2019 9:13:38 AM
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Nasilip ko na boss obi. Part nga sya ng power ng NT manager. Ang di ko lang pwede mascout is player na currently ay nasa U21 roster. So halos lahat talaga. Nagstart na din ako magtingin tingin ng mga high potential draftees.

Malaking tulong nga talaga ung youth trainer. And to think na malamang ginagamit din to ng mga foreign managers na nagttrain kung di tayo sasabay lalo tayo maiiwan talent wise..

This Post:
297094.66 in reply to 297094.64
Date: 1/29/2019 9:56:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To be honest, this team was less talented than the previous season one for example. Don't know your past u21 before me.
Last season we were really amazing. We were at world level with Rios and the others and that victory in the consolation allowed us to win this gold.
If you compare salaries and dmis as I previously said we ranked fifth in this Asian competition. I know salaries and dmis are not a good indicator but they are calculated on skills combination so somehow they can offer a picture. That said, the way I play is very particular. I try to read into the game engine suggesting him how he should behave. So I love to use switch, to put players even out of position and to compensate lacks combining players that maybe if taken for their skills are less useful than others. That because I want the game engine to recognize clearly who our matchups are in order to feed them all the time.
You can see patient, you can see also the final, we won because our best Matchup has been constantly put on shooting. While China who was generally speaking way superior wasted many shots on wrong players due to their slow paced choice and our great outside defense.
Another example is that many people think that a zone is simply a way to block an attack. They attack outside? Put 131 or 32. They do inside? Put the 23.
Thats not the case. It's always a matter of skill combination to me. A 23 usually kills the defense from mid range and outside. And China for example has huge jump shooters. You can play 32 to cover the perimeter but if you do not have rebound or big men so skilled you will suffer anyway. Our players were talented on defense this season, all the guards had 8 more inside Def. Big men too have good od with some exception. So man to man to me was often the best choice. Hca obviously helped a lot.
We won because of two amazing players, fornoles and gavadan, because of my experience, my game reading, my staff huge help and managers too in shape and training. That said, with more players obviously the chance to be always in the mix for a medal is clearly higher. 😊 But that's not all.
In my career I coached 11 seasons, 8 in Italy and 3 here. This is my 8th medal (3 golds 3 silvers 2 bronze 3 failed 😂). I am glad my experience can help, this long post is just to say that I brought here my skills but it's a combination of everything that produces the success 😊

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 1/29/2019 10:02:14 AM

This Post:
297094.68 in reply to 297094.67
Date: 1/29/2019 10:58:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We are saying the same thing indeed. I did write the same thing you said. I did my job but it's nothing without shapes, without trainings, without home court (which is something we achieve, not a gift anyway. And we achieved it in a so brilliant way coming off a 0-2 from repechage) and all the other things we both mentioned.
About community, lots of players are still trained by Philippines managers. Next u21 will have Lim trained by ob1, Israel trained by f1 and many other players grown here 😊
As you surely know, success drives the community better and I hope that this gold medal can help local managers to feel themselves involved in their country destiny.
Also I am in a fb group in which we are all cooperating to grow the next generation 😊
I am not used to make comparison between coaches because everyone has his own way to play.

Advertisement