This Post:
280071.8 in reply to 280071.7
Date: 06/10/2016 11:41:05
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Slight revision of how you ended up doing this I think Gully ;) Glad you took up my suggestion though.

I didn't want you to be blamed for the extra dose of me on the forum.

Found this while I was looking to see if I'd done a Cup thread before (I thought I had!) and its relevant to me now:

Irvine Blackhawks have always been giant killers - it is the one team that I always want to avoid in the tournament.

From Mikramus in November 2014.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

This Post:
280071.9 in reply to 280071.8
Date: 06/16/2016 17:24:13
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Possibly not the most exciting round of the Cup in history but lets see what happened anyway.

Sabre of Valiente of the EBBL were involved in the closest game of the top division teams, managing to hold on to a 7pt win over 2nd division kotwa, having led by 24 at the half. The rest of the games involving EBBL teams were not close, though its probably worth mentioning that Los Mikitos made extra effort in their game against D2 Keepmugs.

Biggest surprise must be Support of D3 edging out D2 Southern European by 5. AMI Giants came close to surprising HK Stars losing by 2 in OT, and Lusitania Brazil All Stars also won in OT by 6 against Drook House.

T20 Cricketers, Halucagenic Dayglo, St James Seahawks, Olympiacos 1925, and Club Deportivo San Andres all won clashes against fellow D2 opponents.

Looking at the next round the most interesting games seem to be M Dogs at Burdon Terrace Bears, and CWA Fury visiting Leeds City Ballers in games where EBBL teams are playing D2 teams. There are 5 games where D2 plays D2 so quite a few D2 teams should still be in round 5.

Any comments on your own games or others are welcomed, and of course if you'd like to point out errors I've made or something I've missed, feel free.

This Post:
280071.10 in reply to 280071.9
Date: 06/23/2016 18:05:36
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Like last week, not a huge amount to write about in the Cup this week.

Titanic Turtles managed to find themselves making their BB debut in the 5th round of the Cup and they gave D2 HK Stars a bit of a fright leading by 10 at HT, only to see a huge turnaround in the 2nd half as the Stars won by 26.

Phoenix Warriors of the EBBL were down by 1 at the half to Temps Titans but ran out winners by 36.

new jersey2 were another EBBL team that looked in trouble at times against Worcester Wolves, finally winning out by 9 after two overtime periods.

In the most interesting all D2 matchups BC Altletas defeated BC Snaiperiai (an old rival of mine) by 12 and Club Deportivo San Andres defeated Hereford Bulls by 13.

Probably the biggest shock was D3 Marikina Floods beating D2 Pinoy Bulls Devils by 108-90.

The draw for round 6 has given us one all EBBL matchup, Kapsukas at Phoenix Warriors. 5 EBBL teams face trips to D2 teams. Doncaster Hawks at BC Giants, Tide of Fire vs Olympiacos 1925, CWA Fury at HK Stars, Stinkilemons at Arsenal 98, and Sabre of Valiente at KK Alytus.

There are 9 all D2 matchups, and four all D3 matchups, and three remaining bots who should be flushed from the Cup in this round.

This Post:
280071.11 in reply to 280071.10
Date: 06/23/2016 18:27:25
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Oof, I get Lemons.

Nomination for upset of last round: (91612332) 24 vs 107 if you believe the rankings.

My old d3 rival Spanby Gaitors knock out one of the best teams in my current division Trixmos Trix. Weird looking game ratings wise and analysing the shots / etc, seems Trix would win that game more times than not. Rewarded with a trip to Gauson.

This Post:
280071.12 in reply to 280071.11
Date: 06/23/2016 18:33:02
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Apologies to Coach Rose, I just missed that. Looks like the shock of the round to me too.

I've also called this week's games Round 5 when they're Round 4 and next week's Round 6, when its really Round 5. Good thing I'm better at setting a lineup than I am at posting!

Last edited by Gully Foyle at 06/23/2016 18:35:17

This Post:
280071.13 in reply to 280071.12
Date: 06/30/2016 17:10:47
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
This was definitely Round 5 - I checked.

Not too many close games but there was one notable shock as D2's Arsenal 98 knocked out EBBL side Stinkilemons in a thriller which, because of last minute fouls, ended 65-77. The Stinkis are the second team to fall to Arsenal 98, making the D2 team one of the few to knock out two EBBL teams in the same season.

Another EBBL team which looked to be in trouble in the late going was Durham Wasps who at one time held a 22 pt lead over D3 Derby County (who were playing fcp), saw their lead reduced to a point before a Jackie Thompson steal followed by a score allowed the Wasps to hang on for a barely deserved win. Credit to Derby for making the fcp, a much maligned defence work quite well.

In the all EBBL matchup the Phoenix Warriors easily dispatched Kapsukas to advance. The other EBBL teams were largely untroubled in making round 6.

In the closer all D2 games Club Deportivo San Andres beat Bc Atletas 80-75, BC ANGLIOKAI beat WTK Trail Blazers on the road 118-112, Arab City beat Silent Hill 97-88 and in a game that was close throughout Gwent Galacticos beat Allll Stars 91-88.

As you would expect by now, Round 6 has thrown up some tasty games. The two all EBBL games see CWA Fury at home to the mighty Tide of Fire, and Durham Wasps are at home to their long time rivals M Dogs. This rivalry goes back to Season 19 and M Dogs are 2-0 in Cup games against the Wasps.

There are a number of EBBL vs D2 games. Los Mikitos are at home to JA Miami, new jersey2 travel to Mortal Vombats, Phoenix Warriors are on the road at Detroit Pistons I, Sabre of Valiente are at Carolina BC while Doncaster Hawks and Gauson have home games against Galaxy Walkers and Stiggs.

The three all D2 games look like they could be tight affairs, Roaring Lions at BC ANGLIOKAI, Arsenal 98 at Spoiled, and Arab City at Club Deportivo San Andres.

There's one all D3 matchup, which involves the two lowest ranked teams left in the Cup, Support and ribs; and four D2 teams face trips to D3 teams.

With Tide of Fire chasing a potential double and Los Mikitos wanting to win the Cup for a third season in a row we're heading into the more exciting phase of the cup. The easy games are gone and the harder work (for those of us who have had easier draws - not you Bergkamp) begins.

This Post:
280071.14 in reply to 280071.13
Date: 07/01/2016 11:59:42
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
hardly a game there that doesn't look good, fun times in the cup!

This Post:
280071.15 in reply to 280071.14
Date: 07/07/2016 17:45:54
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
As it turned out not quite the exciting round of matches that we were expecting, largely due to the number of coaches throwing their games, including two EBBL teams, CWA Fury, and my own Durham Wasps. With three tough games in a week, something has to give, and for some teams it is better to lose a cup game than a league game.

new jersey2 looked like they might make it 3 EBBL teams to go out but Mortal Vombats lost their starting SF after leading for some time and new jersey2 were able to eke out a narrow win in the 4th. Marikina Floods, BC Norwich, and Ipswich WinterWolves were 3 D3 teams who knocked out D2 teams. The WinterWolves beat Gwent Galacticos on what could be the best painted court in England.

Arsenal 98's cup run, which has included two wins over EBBL teams, wasn't spoiled as they won a close game on the road.

Looking forward to next thursday, in the only EBBL game new jersey2 travel to M Dogs. Sabre of Valiente travel to D3 BC Norwich, and Phoenix Warriors travel to Ipswich WinterWolves. Doncaster Hawks host another D3 team Marikina Floods. And in matchups where top D2 teams play top EBBL teams Arab City go to Los Mikitos, and Arsenal 98 will try to make it three EBBL teams on their hitlist when they face Tide of Fire, current favourites for the Cup.

The other two games feature D2 BC Angliokai at EBBL Gauson, and D2 Halucagenic Dayglo at D3 ribs, the lowest ranked team left in the Cup.

This Post:
280071.16 in reply to 280071.15
Date: 07/08/2016 12:32:49
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
In CWA's defence, although he played TIE and I was expecting a crunch (from this point on I expect to be crunched almost every game), he did play his strongest DMI team against me.

Ipswich WinterWolves look good, I'll look forward to following their progress as they will likely promote to D2 this season too.

Looking forward to welcoming Arsenal 98 this week - 2 for 1 special on coffins at the crematorium this week...

This Post:
280071.17 in reply to 280071.16
Date: 07/08/2016 13:11:47
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
I don't even have good GS this week :( be nice. Dropped from 4m team DMI to 2.7m...minutes weren't even bad. Good ol' randomness I guess.

Kinda funny though, just as me and Vecx were talking in chat and I'd been revealing a load of my teams skills I refresh the cup page and see the draw. Of course, if Vecx and me were in the same division or on more equal a footing I'd probably not have been doing that, but still...

Mistakes I've spotted in Gully's post: 1. We're playing on Tuesday and not Thurs but I'm sure everyone left in realises this (I hope) ;)

IWW's court makes me want supporter...

This Post:
280071.18 in reply to 280071.17
Date: 07/08/2016 13:31:23
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Mistakes I've spotted in Gully's post: 1. We're playing on Tuesday and not Thurs but I'm sure everyone left in realises this (I hope) ;)

Oops.

Advertisement