BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Indonesia > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
136259.2 in reply to 136259.1
Date: 03/23/2010 05:34:39
Overall Posts Rated:
This is Jericho,. I am here to be a success with you.

I have a solid track of record, in one of the toughest BB-countries. I understand what means training an U21 star (I did it till this season). I like hard competition. I spent two years as Bolivia NT coach, so I fully understand what means to work in an emerging BB country. I spent last few years scouting some of most brilliant players of Italy U21 team, helping their managers to train jewels..I look for challenges. I want now to take another opportunity: building an U21 team from scratch, working hard, bringing my expertise to you.

If you want to learn, grow, contribute, win, be proud of your players and your U21, I am your ideal candidate.

My story
I joined BB in the last third of season 3 in Italy (one of most mature and competitive countries in the world). I am quite proud of my solid track of record: two promotions (up to III.16) I made my team to grow quickly and harmoniously. I trained the last small forward of Italy U21 team, and several strong performers with him.

Why me
I am now looking at additional challenges: this is my habit, this is wat excites me most. That is why I am here.

I decided to candidate to Indonesia U21 because making young players growing up is exciting. I did it successfully, supported by great scouts, so I understand which challenges, efforts and paybacks are there. An U21 fully respond to that.

My plan
I want to afford this adventure, if you will decide I will be your preferred candidate, replicating the same approach I apply to my own team. I work with medium term plan clearly in mind, flexibly adapting to changes, balancing short term results with long term perspectives. I am currently looking at an ideal two mandates timeframe. The first will be about consolidating the work done so far, developing emerging talents (although some could be relevant to NT - priority to it!), and starting the creation of new generation, that is incoming draftees. I will aim to get the best in the Asian Cup, at least reaching the second round. The second will be about exploiting the work done. If I will be voted for one mandate only, I will be glad to hand my work over to my successor.

How I will do that

There is no secret here. To reach excellence, you have to work well both in quantity and quality. Being a relative small BB-country does not mean you don't deserve a staff. So, I will work with a staff with proven expertise then. Somebody will allow me to have a capillary coverage of all potential talents, bringing to me and to all of you the expertise of specific training programs per role as I am currently doing. Others will support me in preparing matches, deciding strategies, execute plans. Part of my success depends in fact on suggestions, comments, discussions I have with BB communities and friends, and I will simply replicate it.
Last but not least, the staff will bring to me additional experience in specific NT/U21 team management, as some teammates managed or are part of the staff of major national representatives. I will be glad if some of you will like to join the team: We will agree on an appropriate role, depending on your aspiration and skills and on staff needs.

What else to say? Vote Jericho!!