BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Ghana > How to train your players

How to train your players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/31/2010 06:11:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd like to give you a few suggestions on how to make your players improve their skills.

First of all, there are a few unwritten rules to follow. You can't train all the team at the same time, if you want good results, and you should better focus your efforts on young players with good potential (from 5 at least).
Training the whole team could be good only during offseason: free throws or stamina, once per season, is good, but as a standard you should decide to train players that play as PF and C or that play PG or SG (SF is in the middle, so it is up to you).
You should select 5 or 6 players maximum and let them play in the trained positions for 48 mins per week. This will make them grow their skills in a fast way. A useful way of training and be competitive is to have 3-4 young players and 1-2 experienced ones: they will grow slower but will provide a solid performance in your most important matches.

For PG and SF train the first six skills; for C and PF train the following four. Obviously all skills influence players' performances, so this is just a rough schema. Remember that tall guys train faster in inside skills and slower in outside ones; viceversa, small guys train faster in outside skills and slower in inside ones.

Don't forget that selling young players with good skills reward high revenues. This is another important reason to train young players.

Last edited by MiticoCobra at 03/31/2010 11:19:44

I miei podcast musicali e demenziali su: http://www.tanadelcobra.com
This Post:
138523.2 in reply to 138523.1
Date: 04/01/2010 04:12:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Good idea :) Maybe we need copy and send this message (or better one, with more info) to all Ghana managers ?

This Post:
138523.3 in reply to 138523.2
Date: 04/01/2010 05:25:23
Overall Posts Rated:
you have a BB mail :-)

I miei podcast musicali e demenziali su: http://www.tanadelcobra.com