BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.49 > Season 16 predictions . .

Season 16 predictions . .

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/23/2011 16:19:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, folks. Time to put your name on the line . . . how is the season going to go? Add your prediction after mine!!

Here is the way I see it:

The Big 8 continues to be ridiculous. We have the top 5 total payrolls in the league, 5 of the top 6 'Top 5 Players Payrolls' in the league, and there is ridiculous depth. Last season, Gloversville, Rabid and Wisco each won their D.V league (with Gloversville and Rabid combining for a 42-2 season -- Wisco started playing late and still won) . . . and none of those three teams will win more than 5 games in the division. Luckily for them, however, they do have 8 games against the Great 8! (Nothing personal guys, but unless you are sitting on either $4 million dollars for the transfer market, or a system hack into BB, this is a brutal league).

I know that Da Dawgs are looked at as the front runner - but I am very concerned with tootsies, London, crusaderz and mostly Project X. Don't know if you happened to catch the skills on Project X's players last week when he put them on the transfer market . . . but he has 5 players who can play on the D.II level). Speaking of players . . . Rabid has 25 players on his roster - so be sure you have enough seats on the bench at your arena. (What the hell are you doing with 25 players on your roster!!???!!! What a waste of money. That is an easy 40K of salary every week that could be profit/scouting.)

On the Great 8 side of the house, it could also be interesting. Libertines had a great season last year, and gained a lot knowledge and experience in the process. Ballin' and clipshipmen are right there and either one could be just 1 or 2 transfers from running away with the division. Divinedragons have been around enough to know how to win, but newcomer Mr. Olive Slayers may live up to their moniker. While it could certainly change - right now, it looks like the Seagulls, Queen and Destroyers will be scrimmages with revenue along with Rabid and Wisco in Big 8.

Playoffs.

Big 8 will be Project X, Da Dawgs, tootsies and London / crusaderz with Project X and Dawgs playing in the final.
Great 8 will be clipshipmen, Slayers, Libertines and Ballin' with clipshipmen and Libertines in the final.

I will update in a couple weeks with more (and probably a couple corrections!!!).

GL all.

Last edited by Coach Dawg at 04/23/2011 16:20:24

This Post:
182607.2 in reply to 182607.1
Date: 04/24/2011 09:27:24
Overall Posts Rated:
Queen will be tougher than a scrimmage at least for the teams in my division.

I will post more press releases than the Dawgs, but it will be close.

The Dawgs will lose the final because they scout out Project X, instead of Project F.

And the Rabid Seagulls will finish with fewer players on their roster!

This Post:
182607.3 in reply to 182607.2
Date: 04/24/2011 17:50:45
Overall Posts Rated:
That's funny . . . hopefully Pro F doesn't take offense at me not knowing his team's name! I am afraid of a bench clearing brawl at Rabid's place . . .

This Post:
182607.4 in reply to 182607.3
Date: 04/24/2011 18:36:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, you think it's funny now but wait until you have 10 or 11 injuries.

This Post:
182607.5 in reply to 182607.4
Date: 04/25/2011 11:16:35
Overall Posts Rated:
You are not kidding!! I am just 8 injuries away from not being able to compete at all!! (which is why I keep a world-class doctor on the payroll!!)

This Post:
182607.6 in reply to 182607.3
Date: 04/25/2011 17:27:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Predictions...well I got the best player in the draft..so my prediction is I sit at 5th place (as I usually like to do) I continue to get my G's some quality minutes so my supporting cast is solid enough that I become a defensive force.

As for others, I see Dawgs pushing out of IV but making a quick exit in III because he doesn't like the 400 k team salary up there. =)

On another note....I've got Big 8 losing in the Allstar weekend in the 3pt but winning (as usual) in the actual game.

This Post:
182607.7 in reply to 182607.6
Date: 04/28/2011 07:15:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that there will be one less undefeated team after Saturday.

This Post:
182607.8 in reply to 182607.1
Date: 07/11/2011 16:33:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I need to fire our Advanced Scouting Department!!!

divinedragons stepped up this season, and Ballin' fell off the map. Project F sold key players (and is still sitting on a crazy amount of cash!!! Head up next season!), which explains how he stayed in the 5 spot.

Heading into playoffs, all 4 teams on the Great 8 side are significantly stronger than last year. I don't know if my current Dawgs team would have beat Mustache last year . .. but I am MUCH stronger than the team I had. I know that tootsies, crusaderz and certainly London are much stronger as well.

tootsies made possibly the most significant transfer purchase with a focus on OD - but on the Big 8 side, the same can be said. Libertines picked up defensive stud Irvin Perkat as the only acquisition this season. Clipship also acquired a difference maker in Pedro Pellejero and a couple other pieces to the puzzle - which should make the Big 8 final pretty interesting.

Unfortunately, 21-1 with a PD of 814 is not enough to 'automatically promote' this season . . . so there will be only one team heading to D.III for season 17. Dawgs are certainly going for it . . . GL to those trying to knock us off.