BuzzerBeater Forums

Canada - II.2 > Season 19 Power Rankings!

Season 19 Power Rankings!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/08/2012 01:54:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Stolen from our old friend Kevi over in II.1! (209272.1)

1st Week of Power Rankings
*based on Rank just for 1st week

1. Shabbies #1927
Coming off a tough loss at the hands of zmtomako and his World Alliance joeshabadoo(i Love that name) is ranked the highest in this league of ours. Led by his three outstanding guards: Javier Cepeda, Yves Berney, and Sun Swee Seng Shabbies are lethal from the outside. A great HoF trainee and a couple big men later looks like a recipe for division II destruction.

2. East-End Screaming Goombas B.C. #2121
With some young studs at the bottom of his roster(scroll down you will find them, sneaky guy ;) ) Mahatma Kane Jeeves Esq. is building a team built for long term success. With World Alliance gone this is his perfect time to attack, will he? Or will he cave under the pressure of all these expectations?

3. Sunn O)))s #2537
This team is young, this team is strong and this team is built for nothing, but success. Being led by their monstrous PG and Delain Sanderson, should help too. With a good manager and good players this team can only get better. Great depth and balance call for some nice GS management.

4. Toronto Towers #3162
Last season the team kind of tanked due to the presence of World Alliance, but this team is still built strong and with no immediate favourite right now, its everyones for the taking and I know CS will put in the old college try. Led by Taylor Cutler, Pulay and Cottet this team is balanced, but with little depth. An injury could dash any hopes and dreams. Lets hope CS has not invested in a good doctor ;)

5. The Cheetarian #3224
With no real studs and an aging team, this team is on a bit of a downward slope. Although they finished in the playoffs last season, Toronto Towers tanked and other teams easily could have taken over. This team has balance and depth though and that can go a long way in BB. Do not count them out just yet!

Sleepers:
Lightning Thunder #4015
Just wanted to talk about how awesome I am ;) Actually I consider myself a sleep because I will be all-in in promoting this season unless it looks grim by allstar weekend, but watch out we are coming for you all(10676309) ;)

MVP - /
Hero/Zero- /
Miscellaneous things that occurred this week(funny forum post, crazy game/stat anything!) - I talked to myself...

This Post:
209373.2 in reply to 209373.1
Date: 02/15/2012 23:19:09
Overall Posts Rated:
2nd Week of Power Rankings

1. Shabbies(2-0)
joeshabadoo and his Shabbies were ranked first by WR and it seems WR does not lie. A close win against Montreal Fireballs followed by a huge road win over New Brunswick Maddogs has joeshabadoo liking how his team is looking and the rest of the league are not.

2. Botwood Raptors(2-0)
Newly promoted and #2? Vineham will take that anyday of the week. A dominating win over Van Cougars at home and a big road win over The UTE has this team floating on cloud 9. Whether they can keep this up is up to them.

3. Big ballerz(1-1)
A great start to the season with a win over projected number one East-End Screaming Goombas B.C., their blemish came against a strong Sunn O))s team on the road. Anyone can overtake them though. It is only week 1 of games.

4. St.Louis Beasts(1-1)
A nice win over newly promoted O-Ballas, followed by a close game against East-End Screaming Goombas B.C. The team looks poised to make a run or to fail. It all depends on how the next few weeks plan out.

5. Toronto Towers(1-1)
A loss to Cheetarian was followed up by a win over Murfs Blue Devils. Toronto Towers are really looking forward to the rest of the season and so am I.

This week was tough as every team in the Great 8 is 1-1 and only 4 teams are not 1-1 in the whole league.

MVP: Javier Cepeda(13233645) - Averaging 31 points in the first two games shooting a sizzling 65% and part of Shabbies Triple Threat led the way for Shabbies!

Zero: Lightning Thunder(33480) - After two games the team that was hoping promotion is now praying that they avoid relegation. This team has absolutely blown chunks the first two games and the fans are quick to blame management. Mod-Bballin had this to say, "The loss to Hong Kong was bad, but inevitable- Lightning Thunder? Oh yeah my club team.... woops."

TRANSFER SPLASH: (13575196). Screw You SaturnVue. Screw You.

This Post:
209373.3 in reply to 209373.2
Date: 02/26/2012 03:03:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Week #3

1. Sun O)))s(4-1)
Highest ranked in the league and highest ranked in the power rankings, this team has been beating teams and beating them badly. With Canadian Delain Sanderson leading the way this team is looking to try and finsh the first round of interconference play with a 6-1 record.

2. East-End Screaming Goombas B.C.(4-1)
Right behind Sun O)))s this team started off badly, but have improved after their early defeat. They could be in first after next week with a game against Sun O)))s coming up.

3. The UTE(4-1)
A couple of dominating victories over Lightning Thunder and 85 FG% and this team is sitting pretty atop their conference. Ranked second in the league, this team has a weaker conference then the two teams ahead, but can still over take Sun O)))s soon.

4. Big ballerz(4-1)
A tough road win against O-Ballas and a nice home victory over Cheetarian has this team in 3rd. Jose Funes and Jackie Ernst are leading the way for this team and with games against Murfs Blue Devils and St.louis Beasts coming up those two will be tested.

5. St.Louis Beasts(3-2)
With back to back tough games against Toronto Towers and Murfs Blue Devils this team sits in a playoff position in striking distance of first place. A nice run can put this taem over the top.

MVP: Jose Funes(11091327) - Currently averaging 23 poits and 15 rebounds a game leading Big ballers to a playoff position and the best record in the league.

Zero: Shabbies(25026) - Starting off 3-0, but then losing their last two games this team does not know what is going wrong. Two tough close games against Botwood Raptors and Van Cougars leaves this team searching for answers, but do not worry they play the lowly Lightning Thunder next!

Dissappointed: Every one has a loss and everyone has a win. Boring.

This Post:
209373.4 in reply to 209373.3
Date: 03/04/2012 22:17:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 4

1. East-End Screaming Goombas B.C.(6-1)
Only one loss, A huge win over Sun O)))s and still alive in the tournament? This team is looking strong. With games against the blue conference coming up, this team looks poised to finish with a strong record. Look out.

2. The UTE(6-1)
With an impressive win over Shabbies this team has solidified their spot on top of the blue conference. they have some strong compeitition in the red conference coming up. Whether they can keep their spot on top or not, remains to be seen.

3. New Brunswick Maddogs(5-2)
After starting off 1-2, this team has exploded for 4 consecutive victories. With the sale of Elizaga they now have money to blow. This team can only get better.

4. St. Louis Beasts(5-2)
Another team currently on a 4 game winning streak. This team has not had a close agme in any of those 4 and have seemed to just bully their opponents. With a couple of easy games on the way this team can really go far.

5. Sun O)))s(5-2)
Their 5 game winning streak having just come to an end this team is out to start a new streak. Whether or not this team can regroup will show its true strength.

MVP: Alcock McCreadie(11559187) 61 points and 35 rebounds the past two weeks have really helped this team on their monster win streak. The Scot hopes to do more this coming week.

Zero: Lightning Thunder - yeah again. Sure they got their 2nd win, but that took extra effort, HCA and a Buzzerbeater. This team has recently sold off their guards. Unless their replacements are huge upgrades. This team will be a major player in the relegation battle.

So New Brunswick Maddogs, Montreal Fireballs and I all have money to spend. Big 8 is going to get stronger. Watch out!