BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.70 > All-Star Candidates

All-Star Candidates

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/03/2012 10:39:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey everyone. I'm going to attempt to make these forums active. I play some other games like these and having an active forum greatly improves enjoyment of the game in my experience. I'm just wondering who you guys think might be All-Star Candidates or Locks.

Locks: Aldo Sozzi(Darkees)
Ben Dotson(Darkees)
Milton Swafford(Houston Get Up)
Gil Farrar(teamsaints)

On the Bubble: Bruno Vetrano(Moss2)
Lonnie Hardy(New York Bandits)
Marjan Tasevski(Darkees)
Pretty much anyone else on the top scorer's, rebounders, or assisters list.

This Post:
211942.2 in reply to 211942.1
Date: 03/04/2012 20:11:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Yo Trojan,

When it comes to the Great 8, the conference is pretty wide open, but here are my guesses.

Great 8 Candidates:

Milton Swafford (Be Dreaming)
Lonnie Hardy (New York Bandits)
Kermit Seward (The Dogs)
Oliver Castillo (Bungholes)
Gil Farrar (teamsaints)
Frank Ourourke (NY Bandits)
Walt Batts (teamsaints)

My Candidates:
Thodoros Totsis
Roy Luther

I don't have anyone on the top board (Unless you count Totsis on the best performances list) because my scoring and stuff is really spread out.

This Post:
211942.3 in reply to 211942.2
Date: 03/17/2012 22:42:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Now the All-Star Game is about a week away(I'm getting excited) I think we can make more accurate guesses.

My expected starting lineups:
Big 8
PG-Marjan Tasevski(Darkees) Reason: he's averaging 9.8 APG and no one's even close to that.
SG-Chavdar Umurov(Duke Black Devils) Reason: he's going at 22 PPG, 3rd in the league
*would've chosen Vetrano, but he's hurt for 2 weeks
SF-Saturnino Zuniga Nino(Triangle Trojans) Reason: He's getting old but he's keeping us going and is averaging the most points for a SF
PF-Aldo Sozzi(Darkees) Reason: Duh!
C-Ben Dotson(Darkees) Reason: Averages a double-double

Great 8
PG: Paul Patterson(teamsaints) Reason: There aren't any PGs on the top scoring list and he's the assist leader for the Great 8
SG: Rodney Buchanon(New York Bandits) Reason: He's the conference's best scoring SG.
SF: Kristofer Tolbert(New York Bandits) Reason: Conference's best rebounding SF
PF: Theodoris Totsis(Seven City Knights) Reason: He's one of the best in the league in shot-blocking.
C: Frank O'Rourke(New York Bandits) Reason: 4th best rebounder in the league

Overview: How the heck is New York Bandits in last? You could probably take the Seven City Knights team, have them play the Great 8 Team, and they'd kill them by 20. I may have done some flawed research, but it's not looking good for the Great 8. The 3 point shooting contest will be fun.

This Post:
211942.4 in reply to 211942.3
Date: 03/21/2012 16:25:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Trojan,

Can't wait for the All-Star Game too, both conferences are looking pretty close, and that 3-way tie for the top of the Big 8's got me excited. I can guess some candidates too, but I'll put up 2 or 3 candidates per playoff team.

Moss2
Ethan Dockery (PF)
Leo Ionescu (SG)

Seven City Knights
Roy Luther (C)
Thodoros Totsis (PF)
Frantisek Myslik (SF)

Darkees
Marjan Tasevski (PG)
Ben Dotson (SG)
Aldo Sozzi (SF)

BigBens
Kamil Zurawski (SG)
Man Graham (SF)

Triangle Trojans
Saturnino Zuñiga Niño (SF)
Mojsie Dimitrijevski (SG)

antrax
Aw Da Su (SF)
Gavin Ó Coilean (PF)

Duke Black Devils
Abel Roche (C)
Chavdar Urumov (SG)

Be Dreaming
Gustavo Antonio Garrafa (PF)
Dwain Jung (PF)

Best of the Rest
Charles Meyer (SG) 76ers
Xavier Martín Prat (SF) Iron Buffalos
Gerald Main (C) Iron Buffalos
Blaine Moon (PG) NY Bandits
Craig Simons (C) Iron Buffalos
Jérémie Vadeboncoeur (PF) Cobra Kai
Denny Easley (C) Dream Team
Iban Intxausti (PG) The Dogs

Hope you like it, hopefully I can get 3 or 4 guys in, my conference is really weak :)

This Post:
211942.5 in reply to 211942.4
Date: 03/21/2012 17:25:28
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the chance of Bruce Sharp getting into the 3 pt contest as well. I'm pretty sure everything will be revealed in a couple of days so I am excited.

This Post:
211942.6 in reply to 211942.5
Date: 03/25/2012 18:16:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Well the All-Star Teams have been announced and you're all coming to my HOUSE!!!!!!!!

3 point contest competitors
Bruce Sharp(SCK)
Bruno Vetrano(Moss2)
Marjan Tasevski(Darkees)
Marco Antonio Engaran(Darkees)
Neal Russ(Darkees)
Chavdar Umurov(Duke Black Devils)

Good lineup. I really like the potential for all of these guys. My winner is Bruno Vetrano. He's been dominant throughout the whole season from beyond the arc.

The Starters for the Great 8!

PG-August Yates!!!!!!(Be Dreaming) can't really find much about him, but he's probably playing his last all star game.
SG-Joe York(antrax)!!!!!! Averaging 16 PPG over 5 games on a new team
SF-FRANTISEK MYSLIK!!!!!!!!(SCK) 12.3 PPG, 21 y/o, and perennial allstar potential. Welcome to the bigs, young man.
PF-THODORIS"Who wants to bet on how many blocks he has" TOTSIS(SCK) 14.2 PPG 9.4 RPG and about 3 BPG
C-Christian Joris(The Dogs) Recently had 5 consecutive games with double digit rebounds, 3 of those with 20+

We are going to have a tough match with these guys. Their depth is quite good as well, although why Yates is starting over Purcell is beyond me.

The Starters for the the Big 8!

PG-MARJAN TASEVSKI(Darkees) 32 y/o who's averaging 3 more APG than his closest competitor
SG-MOJSIE DIMITRIJEVSKI(TRI) If I didn't limit his minutes, who knows how many PPG he could have?
SF-ETHAN DOCKERY(Moss2) This guy is looking good at SF, He recently said "All the greatest PFs wear #21"
PF-Aldo "Really Awesome Name" Sozzi!!!!!!(Darkees) This guy has played every minute of every game and is averaging a double-double
C-Phillip Pham(Moss2)-Recently was mentioned as a top trainee for the U21 national team. Hope he gets there.

Our team is gonna be beast. I don't know how Bruno Vetrano and Chandler Umurov got passed up!!!!!!! My guy shouldn't be in the All Star game, let alone starting.

PG Matchup: Do I have to say anything? EDGE: Big 8
SG Matchup: Dimitrijevski has been better for longer. EDGE: Big 8
SF Matchup: Dockery doubles Myslik's DMI EDGE: Big 8
PF Matchup: This will be a quite intriguing matchup between two top players EDGE: Even
C Matchup: Joriis will crush the youth of Pham. EDGE: Great 8

Depth: The subs are better for the Red Team EDGE: Great 8

This will be an intriguing game. Hope you all have fun attending!!!!!

This Post:
211942.7 in reply to 211942.6
Date: 03/25/2012 22:53:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Trojan,

How long did it take to type all that lol.

As for the All-Star Game, pretty good lineups, although I feel it's going to be a one-sided game. Big 8 just has too many star

My Thoughts on the Starters:

Great 8: Not much disagreement there, only question mark is the inclusion of Yates. Skills-wise, he'd match up better with my backup, Fernando Lescano. He's here because he plays 48 MPG, so his stats are a bit inflated. 32% FG?

Big 8: Again, no complaints. The C and PF positions are really stacked and Sozzi is a beast, so looking forward to that.

3 Point: Not much to say, I bet Marjan is gonna be tired, having to do the All-Star Game AND the 3 point contest.

Can't wait for this one, I have FIVE all-stars. Gonna be epic.