Bugs, bugs, bugs > Injury Speed

Injury Speed (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
21282.5 in reply to 21282.4
Date: 3/27/2008 9:59:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
"you will approximately find that all injuries that currently are X weeks will now be of a length so that the player will miss approximately X league games"

Your player was injured for 7 weeks (X=7). Now he is injured for 7 league games, so 3 weeks. As it is shown.
The message in the news is a bit misleading, but believe me, that's the way you have to read it. :)

Last edited by Newton07 at 3/27/2008 10:00:15 AM

This Post:
21282.7 in reply to 21282.6
Date: 3/27/2008 10:27:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We will decrease the length of all injuries generated by the game engine; you will approximately find that all injuries that currently are X weeks will now be of a length so that the player will miss approximately X league games.

it simply means, the probability of having a +8 before the changes is the same that a +4 from now on (i neglect the different contribution of doctors to prevent injuries).

We'll also cut the length in half of all injuries that occur prior to the all-star break (this will be done at the all-star break

For all players already injured at the moment the new rules apply, we will cut the injury length by 2 (in your case from +7 to +3).

I am quite confident I am right, but I hope a BB can confirm my opinion (there was actually a similar thread in global some days ago).

This Post:
21282.9 in reply to 21282.8
Date: 3/27/2008 11:09:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your interpretation is also an odd way to implement this. The BBs would have to keep a separate injury speed for newly injured players (X league games missed) and old injured players (X weeks). This is harder to program and illogical.

I give up. I don't know if it's because of my bad english or you not trying to understand.

- ALL injuries are still expressed in weeks (I already wrote that).
- Injury probability reduced by a factor of 2 (in terms of: a +6 before as likely to happen as a +3 now).
- Injuries occurred before the modification divided by two in length.

It truly seems logical and easy to program to me. You just reduce by a factor of two every single injury probability, divide by a factor of two all old injury lengths and keep the same unit (weeks).
Why should the injury of your player be divided by two (from 7 to 3) and then by two again (from weeks to games)? that's illogical for me.

Edit: Small corrections

Last edited by Newton07 at 3/27/2008 11:17:54 AM

This Post:
21282.11 in reply to 21282.10
Date: 3/27/2008 5:23:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don´t remember where, but I read the right meaning explained by a BB, and Newton07 is right, injuries are now shorter, but they are still counted by weeks and not by matches. Of course the news was not very clear, I also misunderstood at the beginning.

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
21282.12 in reply to 21282.11
Date: 3/27/2008 8:34:02 PM
AS Barroom Heroes
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
So that would mean that doctors are still useless...

This Post:
21282.13 in reply to 21282.12
Date: 3/27/2008 9:09:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They said that doctors will have an effect in determining two things:
- The length of the injury, so better doctor -> shorter injuries.
- The injuries during a match not becoming real injuries, so better doctor -> more chances of having the player healthy after the match.
The problem is that we cannot see whether doctors are working properly or not, because we cannot compare the result we see (with our doctor level X) and the result we would get with a better or worse doctor level...

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
21282.14 in reply to 21282.13
Date: 3/28/2008 1:51:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So does that mean that doctors don't help a player heal faster? Because that seems the problem thus far, as one of my players still has an injury of one week for the past week, and i have a lvl 8 doctor. you'd think that doctors would help a player get better faster, but it doesn't seem to be the case right now. i understand newton07's point, but i also agree with WFU that the application of the current injury system doesn't make sense. If the injury is for a certain number of games, then put the injury in terms of games. But if the injury is for a certain period of time, it make sense to do as we have now. I think doctors should help a player heal faster, but that's just me.

Advertisement