BB Canada > League III.8

League III.8

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/31/2012 17:28:02
Overall Posts Rated:
so yeah...heres just a writeup cuz i was in the mood of doing one xD

In the seasons before, League III. 8 was arguably one of the weakest in Division III, however with Season 20, a lot of teams are making a splash.

First of all, from Division II, the Montreal Fireballs were relegated and sent packing back to Division III.8 and instead ended up in the tougher of 2 conferences, taking the place of Green Machines who recently promoted. Meanwhile, Sierra Madre City Fighting Turkeys have started to gobble again and with a huge arena and with 13 years of experience in the same league, they are attacking and are fighting to promote. I Wor Kuen has recently got back into the game and with his double italian menace, they are going to be a tough team to beat. MasSoul and Southside B.C are also back in it as they are each acquiring new players from the player market. Finally, Tigercats Basketball, one of the strongest rookie teams last year in Division III seem to have found better prey than basketball and they are tanking this season currently 0-4

In the other conference, Jhak Telecom recently acquired a monster, beast, dwight howard-like, Center with a salary of...250k. Now with only an arena capacity of 7000, other teams are wondering how long before Jhak Telecom runs out of speed, but currently they look strong and starting off 4-0. The Toronto Assassins as always are lead by ALL TIME GREAT Center, Parcemon Vasquez and they are also off to a 4-0 start. Last year, Rouge et Or, you might know him for his great articles (Morwood) won the conference but fell short of promoting the first season into Division III, he recently sold his center with legendary rebounding, and instead picked up guards who are making a splash. That is another team to watch. However, with the addition of Big Green Aliens to the conference, there is now a race for the safe 5th spot. Teams that are in danger are: Big Green Aliens, Toronto Raptors 9 who recently has not been playing much basketball, but more turnover ball as the manager continues to expand his arena and do nothing for his team. they also recently drafted a 19yo ALLTIMEGREAT PG, (if you are interested in buying him, tell me), and the wild card team Maulers. Nobody wants to be sitting in the precarious 6th and 7th spots who will be playing against the extremely strong conference on the other side, especially with a team like TigerCats basketball tanking.

Looks like a tough season for anybody as League III.8 just got a lot stronger.

Last edited by Iamokatchessatleast at 05/31/2012 17:31:34

This Post:
219219.3 in reply to 219219.1
Date: 05/31/2012 19:28:30
Overall Posts Rated:
i'd be happier if it was written more as a list than sentences lol
good job nonetheless!

This Post:
219219.4 in reply to 219219.3
Date: 07/04/2012 22:18:12
Overall Posts Rated:
League III.8, currently at the halfway point..a series of things have happened in League III.8

First of all, the Big 8 are now looking very strong and are coming close to the level of play the Great 8 play
Now news from the 2 conferences:

Big 8: The Toronto Assassins hold 1st place with a 12-1 record and look extremely strong AND YOUNG, they are in a gud position to possibly promote this season or next season

The Rouge et Or, winners of the Big 8 last season, have a strong team with a 10-3 record tied for 2nd with Jhak Telecom. Their defense is shaping to be one of the most formidable and are the biggest threat to the Assassins.

Jhak Telecom have sold off their monster center but still have an impeccable team. Whether or not they could pose a challenge to the Assassins remain to be seen.

The Big Green Aliens have pulled ahead to a strong 8-5 record and impressively in their first season. This Run and Gun team looks gud, but in the long term, might not be as strong due to their small arena and extremely old players. This is a team to watch as they seem quite enthusiastic about the game.

It looks like the 7th and 8th place teams, Stankers and Toronto Generals (each 1-12) are going to relegate as one will finish last and another will not be able to compete against the other conference.

However, it is interesting to see the 5th and 6th place teams, the Maulers and Toronto Raptors 9. The Maulers are a wildcard team as they have strong potential to be an extremely gud team at times but in other games have not lived up to their standards, but currently they are 1 game ahead of the Toronto Raptors 9 who are currently in my opinion one of the most underrated teams (i am biased) Recently selling 696,000 19 yo ATG PG, they immediately went to work, signing two Centers who are breaking backboards as well as anyone. This team could be a threat to the Maulers and could even hit the Big Green Aliens who are situated in 4th. Teams underestimating them have been causes to some upsets.

Now to the Great 8: I Wor Kuen with a 13-0 record remains the best team in the league and likely to promote. With a firm grasp and now checking their team regularly, they are looking good.

The Sierra Madre City Fighting Turkeys, another extremely gud team, have waited a very long time to have a chance of promoting. This team is a team that can challenge I Wor Kuen's reign of terror in the League.

The Montreal Fireballs have recently become inactive and a new team took their place. This definitely puts a curveball into the league as now teams like MasSoul (another extremely underrated team) could make a run for the playoffs at position 4. Kahraba is another great team, but have recently fallen a bit. They have to be able to come out strong to compete this season or prepare for a run in upcoming seasons. With my prediction of MasSoul trickling into the playoffs, that leaves Southside BC in 5th place making them safe from relegation.

The Tigercats, currently, in last place, have been tanking but have arguably...one of the top 3 teams in the league. They will not relegate and will prob will finish 2nd last, gaining a bunch of money and a gud prospect as well. This is a team to watch next year, they are my favourites to promote in Season 21.

This leaves the Montreal Fireballs in a very unstable position as suddenly, they could find themselves in last place whenever the Tigercats choose to make their move.

So managers in League III.8, its time for the game to begin, every team is a strong one and everyone can make a move. GL

This Post:
219219.5 in reply to 219219.4
Date: 07/05/2012 23:47:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Since your talked my team up so nicely, I figured I might as well add that I just acquired another young Canadian starter to strengthen my team. Pretty good value buy too, so I still have money in the bank to spend. I don't I'm ready to promote until at least next season. So there is still time to develop some Conference hatred. Good Luck everyone

This Post:
219219.6 in reply to 219219.5
Date: 07/05/2012 23:58:13
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah damn he looks really good, i wouldnt be surprised if u promoted this season or next season and now id be even less surprised.