BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > Future of Beanerz Odyssey

Future of Beanerz Odyssey

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/16/2012 21:12:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Buzzerbeater has been more enjoyable than I ever could have imagined and to this point I have managed to be fairly successful. Although this season is far from over I am considering a few options moving forward and am interested in some others managers opinions.

The reality is that at this point I have managed to win everything other than a Naismith Cup and a B3 Championship. The B3 Championship is almost unachievable for me at this point and is something that I am not overly interested in. A Naismith Cup on the other hand is something that has simply escaped me. I have been close on a couple of occasions but fell short. My dilema is that I am eager for a new challenge, perhaps a rebuild, or training a different style of team/player, what do you choose for me?

Poll:  What should the future of the Odyssey hold?

Stay the course - Just keep kickin' butts
Rebuild - After this season, sell everything.
Run for NT Manager- You can choose more than 1
Train a Canadian Beast - Best NT Player ever
Focus on the Cup and or B3
Other - Please explain

This Post:
222046.2 in reply to 222046.1
Date: 07/16/2012 21:45:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Votes but no comments? Come on Canada, convince me.

This Post:
222046.3 in reply to 222046.2
Date: 07/16/2012 22:09:51
Overall Posts Rated:
You've won the Naismith multiple times. What's left? Canada Tournament and B3. Focus on those two, win them and then we can talk. :)

Last edited by olanipekun at 07/16/2012 22:49:11

This Post:
222046.4 in reply to 222046.1
Date: 07/17/2012 00:04:18
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought you were looking to go undefeated this season? That goal is looking good.

And it was your pursuit of this goal that likely cost you the cup too. Sometimes it's tough to meet multiple goals in a single season.

This Post:
222046.5 in reply to 222046.1
Date: 07/17/2012 01:10:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I am the one other and I will explain.

I suggest some type of super combination one here. It basically can intertwince most of these options into one big one. Im expecting a lot out of you here beanerz ;)

Anyways. Run for NT Manager(I think you should do this anyways).
Here is the bulk of the suggestion however. You should sell off the team, get as much money out of the squad as possible, maybe even tank a full season next season at the salary floor(keep Maja and some scrub a dub dubs) and just roll in the cash. Get that first pick, hopefully it is some HoF-ATG 18 year old 6'7 SF build type of player. Then with the money you have been rolling in, get another great trainee or two(preferrably Canadian) and build those 2-3 trainees to be ideal in an offense/defense not commonly used in BB. Try and build a team for Princeton or that can play in a 2-3 or FCP really well. Idk! Something. Sell Maja, then you can even tank a season in div II, stack some more cash get another 1st pick and sell him(unless its something special) and you have a stack full of cash with 3 unique trainees. Go out and buy yourself the rest of your roster to complete your Princeton offense or your FCP offense. Win Naismith or the Canada Cup with that roster(without LI or M2M) and then be competitive at B3, win some big games, maybe make it to the final 32 or further. Prove to BB that LI/M2M isnt the only way to go and become BB immortal.

Obviously that would take a lot of dedication, patience and require you to attempt to not lose interest in the game with all the tanking youd be doing, but it could turn out really well(or crash and burn).

Thats my opinion, take it or leave it :)

This Post:
222046.7 in reply to 222046.1
Date: 07/17/2012 06:37:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Definitley pick a new position/style to train. PG's & C's seem to be the default choices for BB players, maybe try to build well rounded SF's or a All-World level lock down perimiter defender, (O. D, Ins. D, Reb, Blk.... something unique). One restriction that I set on my own squad to make things more interesting is a 100% Canadian restriction, (although I've cheated with a PG this season but he's getting dropped after I promote hopefully). Or maybe pick a smaller BB community to help out by trying to build a U21 prospect for them, (as a training partner for your Canadian trainee as well obviously).

To: RiP
This Post:
222046.8 in reply to 222046.6
Date: 07/17/2012 11:11:45
Overall Posts Rated:

I'd kind of like you to prove your team isn't a fluke by winning the Naismith title this season.

I'd like that too. Although I am a true believer in "how many" not "how.

If you're getting bored and would prefer a different route, I'd suggest creating the ultimate center for Canada's NT.

This is certainly part of the issue. I agree my team is not the best ever, in fact I am not even sure it is the best in Canada at the moment. But I am getting a bit bored and want to change the direction of my team and roster. I have built my entire team around the ability to play inside based offences, so another option would be to change the stlye of play and develop players to fit that change.

Thanks for the comment.

This Post:
222046.9 in reply to 222046.1
Date: 07/17/2012 13:39:59
Overall Posts Rated:
We need a beast center... try and stay on top while training one. That should be more than a enough of a challenge.

This Post:
222046.10 in reply to 222046.9
Date: 07/17/2012 14:32:59
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree but finding a Canadian with HOF potential is tough. Especially one that has decent starting skills.

Hopefully I am able to find one following this years draft...

This Post:
222046.11 in reply to 222046.10
Date: 07/17/2012 15:26:19
Overall Posts Rated:
I would've recommended Lucas Bussmann from Mighty Ballers, but he was recently sold to a Romanian team who's not even giving him training. If not already done, A NT representative should probably try to get him to prioritize Bussmann in his training considering he has zero other trainees and just spent $2.65m on an absolutely elite Canadian one who could easily be that dominant C we need.

I almost bought him originally, but I decided to be a good guy for once and let him go to Mighty Ballers due to him being able to get him better training. Then it turned out Mighty Ballers were reluctant in purchasing him in the first place and told me he'd tell me when he was selling him and kinda abandoned that plan. Oh well, I would've been pissed buying him for 3x more than what I could've paid a month prior.