BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.30 > Where are they now?

Where are they now?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/11/2012 9:43:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With all these teams vying for one promotion spot, I thought it would be worth it to take a look at what the league's past champions are doing these days:

S19: Upsyndrome: III.13 (1st in Big 8) (23869) CR=133
S18: San Diego Buckeyes!: BOT
S17: Colu Basket: IV.43 (3rd in Big 8) (28018) CR=707
S16: Kansas City Blues: III.10 (4th in Big 8) (23470) CR=278
S15: Morgantown Mad Dogs: III.13 (3rd in Great 8) (23357) CR=95
S14: Bobcats4Life: III.4 (3rd in Great 8) (31608) CR=112
S13: Cant Dunk Wont Dunk: BOT
S12: LaCrosse Catbirds: BOT
S11: Pawtucket Pyromaniacs: BOT
S10: Lumber Jacks: III.1 (3rd in Big 8) (28303) CR=231
S9: LBC Liverbirds: BOT
S8: Basket Brawlers: BOT
S7: The Dominion: BOT
S6: The Experts: BOT
S5: Reynosa Ballers: BOT
S4: Cobra La: BOT
S3: Gladiators: BOT
S2: Orson City Crush: BOT
S1: Hudson Vanguard: BOT

And what good is a list like this if we can't vote?

Poll:  Who's the best team ever to promote from IV.30?

Lumber Jacks
Bobcats4Life
Morgantown Mad Dogs
Kansas City Blues
Colu Basket
Upsyndrome

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
This Post:
223412.2 in reply to 223412.1
Date: 8/11/2012 10:11:04 PM
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
I voted for myself, does that count? :-)

On a side note, though: Me, and MorganTown Mad Dogs are in the same league. It was definitely an awesome experience scouting out his team, and getting to know him in general. I've chat with him a few times this season, he's really a cool guy.

In our current league, don't let his seeding fool you, however. He was plagued with injuries all season long, he's still -- in my opinion, and in other managers, as well -- the best team in the great 8 division. Could have easily been first in the great 8 if it wasn't for injuries. Heck, if it wasn't for injuries, I could have been facing him in the finals this season, too. Even in the playoffs he was just recovering. Great team. Definitely recommend getting to know, Ombi.

BTW -- San Diego Buckeyes went bot last season after they were caught transferring players between two accounts, aka -- cheating. It's really unfortunate, because CW47 should have won the s18 championship, if it wasn't for him that season, too. (It started right before the D-IV.30 playoffs began).

Edit: Also, I just wanted to thank every one from this league who still supports my team, and follows me. This has been like a second home for me -- metaphorically speaking, haha. But, seriously, I've been watching the development of this league, and wow, it's just awesome how much more competitive you guys are, and how active you guys have been on these boards. Major props to you, Rhymin Simon. Good luck to all future, past, and present D IV.30 managers. #TheFam

Last edited by A-Dub at 8/12/2012 12:10:18 AM

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago
This Post:
223412.3 in reply to 223412.2
Date: 8/11/2012 10:53:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Votes for yourself totally count. And obviously at least a couple people agree with you.

BTW, the name change is totally blowing my mind. Magus = A-Dub = Magus = A-Dub It's so confusing. I was actually looking for you the other day and couldn't find you until I looked for your team. Anyway, it's also a nice name.

And, I'll have to chat up Ombi one of these days. If nothing else, he's got one of the better team logos in the game.

Let San Diego Buckeyes be a lesson to us all that cheaters never prosper... at least not for very long... at least in BB... well, and as long as we're not talking about NT farm teams. ;-)

This league is totally becoming one of the toughest in D4. I posted on the national forum a list of the toughest D4 teams [message=214659.112 ]. And the math says we're one of the toughest. And we totally do have one of the better D4 forums. Thanks for the shout out, Magus, I mean A-Dub. (Doh!)

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
This Post:
223412.4 in reply to 223412.3
Date: 8/11/2012 11:55:00 PM
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Haha, sorry for the frequent name changes. I've confused many people over the years.

I went from YCballa42, YC42Balla, Tru916Fan, Tru916, Magus, to now -- A-Dub. The good news is... there won't be anymore name changes in the foreseeable future. Haha. This is an easy name for others to remember, and it's actually one of my nicknames in real life. So, it's sicking.

Last edited by A-Dub at 8/12/2012 12:12:15 AM

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago

This Post:
223412.5 in reply to 223412.4
Date: 8/13/2012 3:12:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for all the kind words. And thanks to whoever voted for me in the poll.

The 3 injuries all happened late in this season, and my game shape suffered as well. Still, I made a few tactical mistakes this season and I haven't been quite as active as I have in the past. Looks like I need to upgrade my team a bit, as the competition in Div III is getting better and better each season.

I voted for A-Dub. He had a lot of injuries this year just like I did, and he held the team together very well. Definately the best team on this list as well the best in our Division III league. He's also very active in the forums, he's kept our league talking to each other this season.

It's good to see Colu Basket still around. Too bad he went back down to Div IV though. I played a LOT of games against him in this league during the 6 seasons we were here, a good rivalry. In fact, I remember playing against 6 or 7 teams on this list. Brings back good memories. :)