BuzzerBeater Forums

Canada - II.2 > Power Rankings

Power Rankings

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/14/2013 02:39:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys, so I was bored and I thought it would be interesting if i did a power rankings. Obviously, this is my personal opinion and im new here and im only 4-7 so i dont know everything about the league but i felt that it would be interesting. Other peoples suggestions on the rankings would be appreciated :)

#1. Shabbies (10-1) Led by Rudolfas Svobutalas, (check him out on the TL) with a PD of 370 and a Massive Payroll, this team is the team to beat. With crushing defeats over Tsa'Aq and Toronto Raptors 9 and a well-fought win against the formidable Goombas, they are first in the superior Big 8 Conference. Maybe the 11th season in Division II will be the season they go to Naismith

#2. Quebec Pugs (10-1) The only reason they aren't first in the Big 8 right now is due to the 50-0 forfeit win over Mighty Ballers instead of the usual 120 pt deficit. They are a strong team but their funds may sputter near the end of the season due to their somewhat small arena. They are currently on a 3-game win streak comfortably beating Tsa'Aq, Shockers, and Chops.

#3. Scarborough Stampede (9-2) Still nobody from the Great 8 to crack the top 3, Stampede takes down the #3 spot. This trashtalking GM is ready for his 2nd shot at Division II with a pretty big arena and huge payroll. However, critics like the GM of East End Screaming Goombas pointed out the old age average of the team which would put the Spurs to shame. Nevertheless, they won a huge game against the first seed in the Great 8 today and theyre the hottest team in the conference with a 8 game win streak.

#4. Big Ballerz (9-2) Top seed in Great 8, also highest ranked in Canada in II.2 ranking 18th. Also owns a colossal arena. Led by Gary Strauss, this team is a formidable force. They suffered a tough loss to Stampede today breaking their 7 game win streak. Look for them to bounce back in a big way against Mighty Ballers.

#5 Murfs Blue Devils (8-3) Second Seed in Great 8. He owns an arena which rivals that of Mighty Ballers. They pulverized Mighty Ballers today with a 130-28 win. Look for them to challenge Big Ballerz at the top. Good game set in store for Tuesday as they square off against the Quebec Pugs.

#6 Richmond Pork Chops (8-3) Starting off the season strong with a 5-0 streak, they have cooled down considerably going 3-3 in their last 6 games. Injury to star center, Nat Maqulis, helped the Pugs beat down the Pork Chops today. They will have an easier game against the Palominos next.

#7 East-End Screaming Goombas B.C. (6-5) With a rough start to the season, they have bounced back and they are now once again holding a playoff position. They finished 2nd last season in the Great 8, they challenge the top 3 teams in the Great 8 for the best roster. However, a small arena and their poor start may stop them from catapulting to the top. Today, they were one of 2 teams from the Great 8 to win, defeating Sg United

#8 North York Shockers (5-6) Rounding out the top half of the Top 8 is North York Shockers. They hold the 5th spot in the Great 8 currently. They lost to Silver Palominos by 20 pts today making them fall under 500. Tough matchup against Shabbies ahead.

This Post:
240543.2 in reply to 240543.1
Date: 04/14/2013 02:54:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thinking that the top 8 would get more in-depth analysis, while the bottom 8 would get less (motivation to get into top 8?) Rounding out the bottom 8 would be:

9. MinerPride (5-6) Underrated team coming off a 10 pt win over Toronto Raptors 9. They have sneakily gotten into a playoff position.
10. Toronto Raptors 9 (4-7) Tough loss against MinerPride today, seems to be an up-and-down team with losses of 120 pts followed by crushing wins.
11. Sg United (5-6) After a firesale, it has led to the demise of the formerly-but-still-can-be amazing Naismith team. They have lost 5 of their last 6 and suffered a beating to the Goombas
12. Montreal Aces (3-8) Amazing team, but doesnt seem to log on as often as before leading to crappy GS. They defeated the Binopolis Celtics today
13. Silver Palominos (3-8) Another good team, has quite a bit of money saved up, he could make a bang anytime soon. Had a nice surprise win over the Shockers today.
14. Binopolis Celtics (1-10) Currently last place, however, they are arguably better than Tsa'Aq so i put them here. Another good team, but manager doesnt log in as often.
15. Tsa'Aq (2-9) Has a good team, but doesnt have the arena or the depth to push them to the top. Can still be a force.
16. Mighty Ballers (0-10) Could have been a playoff team, but instead decided to tank (helps a lot of us). The team suffers a PD of -1043 due to the manager being less active.

Sleeper of the Week: East End Screaming Goombas BC
Hottest Team: Scarborough Stampede
Coldest Team not named Mighty Ballers: Sg United
MVP: Xoan Pan Alvarez (Toronto Raptors 9)
Best Game: Big Ballerz 82-90 Scarborough Stampede with a thrilling 4th quarter comeback
Best Game Next Week: Quebec Pugs vs Murfs Blue Devils

This Post:
240543.3 in reply to 240543.2
Date: 04/14/2013 22:33:56
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll leave the trash talknig to the other thread. Good write up. Hope you do a few more along the course of this season.

This Post:
240543.4 in reply to 240543.2
Date: 04/15/2013 00:58:54
Overall Posts Rated:
well done good read....

This Post:
240543.5 in reply to 240543.2
Date: 04/15/2013 01:00:20
Overall Posts Rated:
well done good read....
there is a reason to my madness