BuzzerBeater Forums

Canada - III.8 > If you do not see me around this is what happened

If you do not see me around this is what happened

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/28/2014 00:35:44
Overall Posts Rated:

Hi there, we corrected the transfer of Zhang Guochong (20831823) by $150,000 to his fair market value. He was highly overpriced but you still make a good profit from him. If you would to appeal, send an email to appeals@buzzerbeater.com.

The GM Staff

My E-mail to @BB.com

BB GM staffs:

This is utterly ridiculous, by forcing your hands into my account.

Your simple mail of Highly Overpriced doesn't not equal to my $150,000 in game money.
You must provided me with your assessment of how you arrived to your conclusion of "HIGHLY OVERPRICED"
After that, you would need to explain to me why there`s an auction for players.
I can understand you might want to balance the game.
Also, explain to me when you take my $150,000 does it go back to the buyer?
If so I can definitely use YOUR assessment to get ME some players.

Or if you like you can just bulldoze my account, because without a clear explaination there's really no point in continuing this game anyway, agree?

Pissed off fan

This Post:
254631.3 in reply to 254631.2
Date: 01/28/2014 12:05:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for your support, MOrwood.
I do not wish to leave, and I understand how they do not want to interrupt the economy.
However, what I can not accept is, they just sent me a few words without any backbone to justify the reason.
I can forfeit the $150,000 to keep everyone happy, but they need to do better than that to take my money.

Cheers,

This Post:
254631.4 in reply to 254631.1
Date: 01/28/2014 12:05:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi
We have reviewed your case and decided to accept the decision of our GMs.
You are an antique user, so we hope you will understand the reasons of this. As you know, market is not easy to regulate or to control. There are too many factors that can have influence on a transfer or bid (and we will leave cheating cases apart during all our speech). Sometimes, any of these factors can make a transfer end over a normal market price, and then the GM staff has to decide if the final amount won by a user is fair or not. As stated before, it's very difficult to find the real balance between fairness and unfairness in these cases, so we always tried that the GM staff acts only when it's clearly needed. Keeping in mind all the facts, the GM staff decided a 150 000$ reduction from the sale. We can understand the reasons that made them calculate that amount of money, since the player is for sure not worth $620 000 and we can't also understand why the buyer decide to raise so much the bid. We are also thinking that the real price of the player is close to the one GMs deducted to.
It's important that you get a couple of things as well. Trying to sell above market rates is not allowed. We really understand that our users want the maximal profit for their transfers and we also are aware that luck is a factor when buying and selling but sometimes a interference has to take place in order to keep a fairness in the game.

Best Regards
The BB Staff

This Post:
254631.5 in reply to 254631.1
Date: 01/28/2014 12:06:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally understand there should be a control over the economy. Your decisions should be based on data, give me the end result on a spreadsheet, not words.
As you said I'm an antique user, $150,000 is not so important to me. However, the buyer is an Ancient user, he clearly knows what he is doing.
Indiana All - Star has been around since 2009, and even with his recent transaction, there's no clear indication he is leaving the game and trying to out smart BB staffs.

In my limited capability, I research that there's NO player on the market with skills JS, DR, IS, RB, ID between 9-11 under 28, salary under $20000.
The only 1 I can come close to is listing for 1.5 million Luca Furlan (27465110) and the skills is not as mature as Zhang.
Indiana All-Star clearly understand what he is doing, and he is trying to get out of USA D4 this season. He purchase this player knowing his salary cap situation.
To top it off, all of Zhang's skills was above 5.

I'll accept this faith under these conditions:
Show me "datas", how this player is above market value, not human brain analysis (words are cheap, numbers don't lie).
The $150,000, where does it go? This clearly gives Indiana All-Star an unfair advantage to the other bidders that had participate, He was willing to pay a premium and the seller was punished?
IF there's a limitation to each auction players, why in the world is there an auction and not a buyout price and end the auction sooner like Ebay?
The buyout price can be set by BB data base, therefore avoiding cheats, overpricing, and punishing the seller.

I have enjoyed this game therefore I'm putting in the effort to this appeal, please do not explain how you justify the calculation. I'll need to see hard cold facts.

Regards,

MasSoul

This Post:
254631.7 in reply to 254631.5
Date: 01/28/2014 21:19:15
Overall Posts Rated:
if you have an issue and want to voice your opinions to a greater crowd, i would post this onto the canada thread or the global english threads
as much as i believe your player and other peoples players are sold over priced, i dont think its fair for the GM to penalize users for a flawed economy system

This Post:
254631.8 in reply to 254631.7
Date: 01/28/2014 23:42:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for your support, Zmtomako. To be honest, I was excited (surprise) when he was bid up to that amount, but given the availibility of player in his caliber, such as skill set and salary and age, they are very limited.
And shouldn't the market decide the true value?
Also, in this league where players are sold for millions, and talented young pieces sell for the same prices.
How does $150,000 became highly overpriced? :S

This Post:
254631.9 in reply to 254631.8
Date: 01/28/2014 23:45:31
Overall Posts Rated:
O....about the larger group....can I transfer this post over and how?
Or do I need to start a new post?