BB Canada > Kumiko Update...

Kumiko Update...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
258842.6 in reply to 258842.1
Date: 05/11/2014 23:58:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow. I'm really sad to hear this. Kumiko was always very passionate (which sometimes got misinterpreted the wrong way) but those that knew her knew she had quite the wealth of knowledge and it showed in the results she received and the fact that her last log in date was March 6. I always enjoyed conversing with her and picking her brain about the game. I also didn't know her personally, but it really shocks me that she died so suddenly, from talks I had, she seemed like a healthy, active person in her 20s (maybe 30s).

I had a feeling that her absence must've been for a significant reason, but death was not at the top of the list of possibilities.

Really sad about this, and the Canadian community definitely lost a great person. I will definitely remember the stories of you shooting up through the leagues of BB long after I stop playing, or this game shuts down (whichever comes first).

I hope Craig and her family can come out of this as unscathed as possible :(

Thanks beanerz for sharing this as it, personally, really irked me as to why Kumiko just went MIA all of a sudden.

This Post:
258842.8 in reply to 258842.7
Date: 05/12/2014 09:37:54
Overall Posts Rated:
I for one like the idea

This Post:
258842.9 in reply to 258842.8
Date: 05/12/2014 10:24:14
Pszczyna Team
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Dislike it. Honestly it would have no meaning for new users. It is really sad news and big tragedy but what does it have to do with Canadian Cup in online basketball manager game?

This Post:
258842.10 in reply to 258842.9
Date: 05/12/2014 10:57:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Have you ever sat on a park bench or seen a tree planted in someone's honour only you didn't have a clue who the person was? It's a small gesture but the point is the tribute, not to worry that some that come later might be unaware of the circumstance. There will be plenty of people still here who do understand the significance. And sorry but I'm actually confused that somebody could actually dislike honouring the tragic loss of a 21 year old girl.

To: RiP
This Post:
258842.11 in reply to 258842.7
Date: 05/12/2014 11:00:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the idea.

This Post:
258842.12 in reply to 258842.1
Date: 05/12/2014 13:06:38
Lawrence Park Panthers
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
I am so shocked and saddened, her poor husband and family.

Lisa, Kumiko was a great joy to speak to online during games. Her passion, sense of humour and kindness just made it so easy to like and respect her. She always made it more to look forward to each game during the season to be online and chat with the Canadian community. We both had some epic games against each other and with both of us "trash talking" we had more than a handful of people watch our games with us and join in the conversation. Since her departure the online chat hasn't been the same and I'm sure everyone that joins the chat regularly has noticed this.

Her contribution to the Canadian community was awesome and could only be matched with the greatest of Canadian Forum posters. All of her hard work with the U21 helped so many Canadian managers with there young talent and was a key contributor to helping new users get familiar, enjoy and remain playing Buzzerbeater.

I'll always remember her, miss her, and only hope she's in a better place. RIP Lisa

To: RiP
This Post:
258842.13 in reply to 258842.7
Date: 05/12/2014 13:17:13
Lawrence Park Panthers
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
This may or may not be going overboard, but what do people here think about having the Canadian Tournament renamed to the "Kumiko Cup"? It would be incredibly easy to do if people are in favour of it.

I think this would be a great tribute to a great person. If I had the option of doing this I would do it in a heartbeat and wouldn't think twice about it. This would be a nice way for the Canadian Community to all pay homage to Kumiko. This is so Tragic.

This Post:
258842.14 in reply to 258842.10
Date: 05/12/2014 13:20:34
Lawrence Park Panthers
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
And sorry but I'm actually confused that somebody could actually dislike honouring the tragic loss of a 21 year old girl.

t
I'm totally with you there Beener. Though I think using the word confused is being very polite.

This Post:
258842.15 in reply to 258842.1
Date: 05/12/2014 15:06:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Absolutely shocking and terrible news. It was subtly mentioned that Kumiko had an illness or health-related issue in a previous thread, but I never gave it a second thought. She certainly never mentioned it in casual conversation or displayed it in her actions or wanted any sympathy. I knew her as a regular girl. She shopped, travelled, played sports, and had a good attitude. She did put mayo (?) on her grilled cheese sandwiches, though, which is pretty twisted to me.

I think it's pretty special that there could be such a divide between her lively online persona and her real world problems. RIP, Kumiko. I wish I knew you better and I wish I had your strength, passion, and perseverance.

This Post:
258842.16 in reply to 258842.10
Date: 05/12/2014 17:54:58
Pszczyna Team
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you got the message wrong. I do not dislike honouring tragic loss of anybody, especially someone whose life was cut short at such young age. I am really sad about what happened and my prayers go to Kumiko's friends and family. I just dont see how that would be a big honour having a tournament in online game named after you. Still, if that is the wish of community I am going to support it. Just not the way I would honour and remember someone (what if some other user (knock on wood it doesnt happen) also passes away, what are you going to do then?). It is a time for mourning but at least I and people close to me do it by reflections and memories and not such gestures.

(sorry for long message, not sure if my english is good enough to convey my thoughts clearly, especially on such delicate matter)

Advertisement