BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Staff Market&Improvements Thread

Staff Market&Improvements Thread

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/23/2008 13:07:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I know this has been mentioned before, but each suggestion for improvements with the trainers or staff has been scattered across the forums. i figured i would make this thread with an obvious title so that people will know what to look for. i think the main problem with the trainers is their simplicity whereas most players here are from HT and are used to the various skills that a coach/trainer comes with. I don't want to simply go ahead and copy HT since i rather the like the differences this game provides. but i do feel that having trainers and staff ranging from level 1-10 is rather boring.

i would suggest that the trainers take on a more coaching oriented role. most users already call them coaches (to the frustration of many GMs and other experienced players). players will still set the tactics, but the coach will play a bigger role in the game. this can help compensate for the eventual (i'm hoping) removal of the CT/TIE system. instead of using CT to push you over the top you could instead have superior coaching. i'm not too sure about this previous part, but i just thought of it so...

but what i want to stray from HT is the set of skills. obviously football and basketball are two different sports requiring different coaching skills. therefore you could have these skill sets:
1. Leadership
2. Intelligence
3. Training
4. Experience
5. Potential
6. Outside Training
7. Inside Training
this is just an example of the skills but you can vary them to make it more specific. but each skill area will have the same skill ranking that the players have. and just like the players the coaches skill levels will be able to increase and decrease according to the training/studying a player makes his coach go through.

if the GMs feel like this should be put elsewhere then by all means do so.

This Post:
26083.2 in reply to 26083.1
Date: 04/24/2008 02:53:51
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd rather see somewhat more direct roles:

1. Player development (the current role)
2. Motivation.
3. Game Preparation (adapt to game situations, substitutions, etc,)
4, Fan relations.

This Post:
26083.3 in reply to 26083.2
Date: 04/24/2008 13:53:20
Overall Posts Rated:
the ones i suggested were just examples, but those are aspects that should be incorporated. though wouldn't fan relations fall under the domain of the PR manager? i know college coaches in the US have a huge impact with fan relations, but in terms of the NBA, coaches are merely judged by the fans on whether they are winning or losing.

This Post:
26083.4 in reply to 26083.3
Date: 04/25/2008 02:07:24
Overall Posts Rated:
I think a personable coach can help increase fan support.

Let's say that the "doctor" function became a "trainer" function, you could have a Condtioning aspect that has some impact on game shape and stamina, perhaps even rebounding if strength training is included. Other aspects might be:

1. Rehabilitation.
2. First Aid.

This Post:
26083.5 in reply to 26083.1
Date: 04/25/2008 02:07:43
Overall Posts Rated:
the question is how do you imagine the wages of these trainers

This Post:
26083.6 in reply to 26083.5
Date: 04/25/2008 02:42:19
Overall Posts Rated:
the wages should work the same way that the players do. twice a season it would be updated.

This Post:
26083.7 in reply to 26083.6
Date: 04/25/2008 03:03:01
Overall Posts Rated:
If I understand well, the trainer should have more preferences which will affect more aspects of the game

there are plenty of different things, which in real depends even on a trainer -

enthusiasm (how increase, decrease)

training focus (one is better to train inside skills than the other)

coaching (he should be better or worse on a tactical side (substitutions etc) during a game)

potential sense (he better "see" real potential of your players)

motivation (how you'll get or fall on a Game Shape)

attendeance (Important for the trainer too - how he talk on TV, he'll get a fans to the stadium)

rehabilitation (sense to avoid injury of a players)

and more of these - I used only above mentioned preferences

another question is how we could get these trainers - they will show to us random like on the present or there should be for them any other system?

Last edited by Iordanou at 04/25/2008 03:04:27

This Post:
26083.8 in reply to 26083.7
Date: 04/25/2008 04:04:32
Overall Posts Rated:
i figured getting coaches would follow along the same lines as HT...you search for a coach and someone comes up. but the skills of the coaches will improve as you train them. showing up at random like it does now really isn't that great.

This Post:
26083.9 in reply to 26083.8
Date: 04/25/2008 04:23:21
Overall Posts Rated:
about the improvement of trainers - I don't think that this is a good idea

you could see by the time that rich clubs, which are on BB for a long time will have a best trainers and will invest to them a lot of money to get theirs level higher.. but what about these which are on III-V division?

I mean clubs, which will be on this game for a long time, will have a huge advantage, thanks to this "educational" system

This Post:
26083.10 in reply to 26083.9
Date: 04/25/2008 04:28:06
Overall Posts Rated:
I mean clubs, which will be on this game for a long time, will have a huge advantage, thanks to this "educational" system

You are right. They have huge advantage just for playing BB longer. There is no need to make this advantage larger:)

This Post:
26083.11 in reply to 26083.10
Date: 04/25/2008 04:41:06
Overall Posts Rated:
that's why I asked before about the wages, my slovakian brother:)

there is a categoric rule:

If will preferences of our staff depend more on the amount of our cash ballance, more advantage will get these teams just for a money

and on a education it depends even on a time you play BB, so that is even worse

anyway I think that in basic is the idea about more preferences of our staff/trainer really good idea, the main problem which we need to think about - is a hiring system - how we will hire them - like now or how?