Non-BB Global (English) > Mountains

Mountains

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270095.9 in reply to 270095.8
Date: 05/22/2015 08:57:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Message me if you ever get the chance to plan a trip. I have a couple dozen more in my head still to do. I lived a couple years in the UK, and when friends visited they usually wanted to visit this or that city. That was really frustrating to me because I think US cities are pretty underwhelming if one is accustomed to many other parts of the world. My friends are all spread out, so I have some experience planning trips in every region within the contiguous 48. I'm from the flats of the midwest, so everything is exciting for me. A couple years ago Backpacker magazine consulted me as a "midwest expert," which I thought was kinda funny. I've done a little in Canada, mainly in Newfoundland. Still haven't been to Alaska at all. My son is 3 now, and my hope is that he enjoys the backcountry enough that I could take a two or three month road trip some summer in a decade or so.

This Post:
270095.11 in reply to 270095.9
Date: 05/28/2015 12:47:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I definitely will in a few years (money permitting)

Last summer I did a road trip from San Diego to Seattle and im a bit obsessed with the states, unfortunately i didnt have enough to get off the beaten track and only really experienced cities. Hopefully next time I can have much more time to explore some national parks and see some mountains!