BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.48 > Season 32 Goals

Season 32 Goals

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/05/2015 13:49:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Everybody. Looks like no one is using this forum, so I'll try to get something started. Season 31 was my first full season. I am loving this game, and I will be around for a while. Welcome to the new people. As a new team, I am rebuilding. Last season was partially successful for me. I acquired a rather random cast of characters to train up. In my inexperience, I picked up a lot of players who just aren't going to develop. So, I am letting a bunch go. On the bright side, I did draft a future monster last season. I also bought a decent prospect mid-season that could very well be a future starter or at least a situational role player. These two join a third trainee who has been with us since I inherited the team. I don't know if he will ever be a starter, but he is looking like he will be a solid situational player. This season's draft did not go as well, but at least the guy I got looks usable. I also picked up some players off the transfer market. I am looking to add one more player soon. I will be training players for the next few seasons and trying not to demote. Finishing 10-12 last season was just fine for me, as I wasn't looking to promote. Hopefully I can get a few wins (10-12 again would be fine) as well as train up the future core of my team. What is everybody else looking to do?

This Post:
272465.2 in reply to 272465.1
Date: 08/06/2015 11:25:05
Overall Posts Rated:
I just got promoted sadly, because the team I inherited was in a league full of bots so the team was horrible! I thought by losing the finals on purpose they wouldnt promote me but I was wrong, so I plan to sign a couple of prospects and just tank and train this season. I dont see myself winning many games, maybe not even one. Most people in this league have had a season of training how they like to at least, i havent had one lol. So

TANK TANK TANK!

This Post:
272465.3 in reply to 272465.2
Date: 08/08/2015 23:25:23
Overall Posts Rated:
Glad to have both of you. I look forward to seeing you around, and would encourage you to get involved in the USA forum as well, we have a lot of cool people around, and are currently in the middle of debate for our U21 coach (although it's gotten to be pretty brutal this year).

Kronin, a word of advice if I may. I see you have 19 players, and that might be a bit much. A lot of the top teams usually run 12-13 players on their roster, so if you can slim it down some, that'll probably help out your bottom line every week.

This Post:
272465.4 in reply to 272465.3
Date: 08/09/2015 09:59:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the league all. As for me, I dumped most of my best players at end of last season and plan to save money for a couple of seasons b4 moving up to D3.

Kronin, I too would suggest you dump the players who are not going to add to the team. 11 to 14 is a good number to keep (some keep even fewer). I would suggest you take 5 to 8 seasons and grow your arena, take a look at the top tier
D1 teams and you will get an idea of what seats to add to the arena. Get a good trainer (at least advanced level).

Good luck

This Post:
272465.5 in reply to 272465.4
Date: 08/10/2015 09:34:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the tip, Shabaka. I'm not sure I want to get rid of anyone just yet. I have a plan for pretty much everyone on my team. Granted, a couple of them are risks that may or may not develop, and they may get axed when the time comes. Besides, my salary is actually very low. I am below the league average and close to the floor.

Message deleted
This Post:
272465.7 in reply to 272465.5
Date: 11/08/2015 19:21:11
Missouri City Sounders
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Farewell all, it was great competing in this league with everyone. After today my team and the LA Knights will be promoted to the next division. The toughest team by far in this league has been LA Knights and Carbondale.

Til we meet again!