BuzzerBeater Forums

Non-BB Global (English) > I have seen the future!!!

I have seen the future!!!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/15/2017 12:39:31
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
And it involves esports.

First off the LOL and all that kind of jazz that I could not identify in a police lineup ain't going away anytime soon, and that is a form of competition that I think is sport, for those who really don't like 'sport.'. The core elements though are the same, allowing yourself interest and emotional involvement vicariously thru others.

FIFA is doing 11v11, madden I assure you will be close behind. The NBA is going to have a virtual league 5v5, and it will be a self made avitar, so unlike say Madden 17, you will not be seeing Jerry Rice being covered by Deon Sanders every game by every team, yes a game that will actually follow the tenants of true competition. These games will find a audience, hell I even watched some of the Madden nationals or whatever it was this weekend, you can bet your bottom dollar I would at least CHECK OUT the virtual Washington Redskins, though with my luck it would involve Daniel Snyder playing every game at qb as Jeff George.

Bag it, tag it, sell it to the butcher in the store, esport versions of traditional team sports will garner at the very least a secondary market for each sport and depending on which ways the legal winds blow could potentially replace the real life counterpart, so Millennial be prepared for your world to look like something straight out of the Jetsons come the final quarter of this century.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 05/15/2017 13:19:49

This Post:
286583.2 in reply to 286583.1
Date: 06/12/2017 19:39:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Another attempt by MLB to make themselves more entertaining?