Risers
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 2 Power Rankings

Big 8

↑ 1. Seattle Swish

defeated the Bombers, who had an impressive week themselves

↓↑ 2. Bloomington Bombers, Fair Where Foes

The Bombers picked up a win on FWF, and barely lose to Seattle.

Foes drop a bit, but not enough to fall out of the top tier. Their first game against the Swisharoonis will be interesting.

- 4. Brooklynn Beats

- 5. Sharks 13

Great 8

- 1. VB United

↑↓ 2. Shrugging Shlubs, New York Legends, Risers

Shrugging Shlubs managed to keep it close against VB, much like the BLO/SEA matchup.

After a big win over the Shlubs in Week 1, NYL drops a game to the Risers.

With the acquisition of Harvey Shah and thirty point win over New York, the Risers move up.

↑ 5. Villanova Wildcats

Defeated LCM handedly, but loses Tompkins for a week after Game 4

↓ 6. Lob City Music

This Post:
294099.4 in reply to 294099.3
Date: 05/08/2018 01:38:19
Risers
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 3.5 Power Rankings

Big 8

↑ 1. Fair Where Foes (3-0)

The Foes decimated Seattle by nearly 60 points, setting themselves apart from the rest of the conference.
An important win that will surely come into play at the end of the season via PD.

↓↑ 2. Bloomington Bombers(3-0), Seattle Swish(2-1)

Easy schedule for Bombers. They took care of business.

Seattle suffered a big loss to FWF. If it wasn't for the close win against Bombers a few weeks ago, they'd drop to 3.

- 4. Brooklynn Beats(2-1)

Still a few pieces away from making noise.

- 5. Sharks 13(1-2)

Sold some young guys. Bought some young guys. lol

Great 8

↑- 1. Risers(3-0), VB United(3-0)

Risers got their first win on Shlubs since Season 37. Have the Risers finally overcome this obstacle?

VB United continues to dump salaries, which drops them a bit. It's unclear at the moment if they are still the top dog in the Great 8.

↓ 3. New York Legends(2-1), Shrugging Shlubs(2-1)

NYL kept it close against a weakened VB. Despite the loss, they'll gladly take the small hit to PD, instead of what would've happened had they faced VB earlier.

Shlubs lost to the Risers, but are still up 13-2 all time. Their close game against a loaded VB a few weeks ago keeps them strong at 3.

- 5. Villanova Wildcats(1-2)

Villanova seems to be one piece away from competing for the 4th seed, after losing to NYL by "only" 13 points.

- 6. Lob City Music(1-2)

Picked up a solid Point Guard two weeks ago. It's still gonna be a while before they compete.

Last edited by Matt D at 05/08/2018 01:46:19

This Post:
294099.5 in reply to 294099.4
Date: 05/09/2018 09:05:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I would describe it more as a priority on the younger players and getting rid of redundant players.
As good as my draft was, they all sort of were positions I didn’t need, but are just too good to
Let go to waste or sell so early. So train the young players and keep the older and win league but
Then the older ones lose value so there we go. I actually do have cash to
Spend but am in no hurry. Most of what I have now was my bench to start the season, and it’s
Still a top 4 team easy.

This Post:
294099.6 in reply to 294099.5
Date: 05/09/2018 23:32:37
Overall Posts Rated:
A top 4 team, in this league...ahhh yea, that's pretty clear. And exactly you wanna get rid of older players while they still have value. Otherwise your just hurting your team in the bigger skeem of things.
My players have yet to hit the decline arrow, so I may get lucky and sell em as "fools gold". I'm sure some manager out there who isn't exactly sure how to train, will pick em up.
I've had this team together for a while now, and they've just gotten older as a unit. Chemistry should be a thing in this game, but it ain't so lol.
As in my opinion older players are only decent if your in the mix, but if possible you don't wanna use them in the playoffs. Because if you can play a younger player and still win, his experience will go up, which is huge!
And also "old" could even be a 27 yr old, it all depends where your team is at and how long it's gunna take your younger guys to improve and get better. If it's 3 or 4 seasons down the road. That 27 yr old is 30-31. So it gets tricky. There's that fine line. X's and O's that's all it is.

Celtics Warriors NBA Finals- you heard it here first. Boston beats Cleveland in 6. Which will start the Boston era, and Philly will become their biggest rivalry but will continue to lose to Boston in the playoffs. As for Leblow James, he's packing his bags and moving on in NEW YORK! If I was the LA Lakers I wouldn't want him...he's an older player..he needs the ball....and even if he manages to get them in the playoffs..big if, in the West. They ain't going any where. But the biggest reason why I wouldn't go after him is, he'll slow down the process the younger players need.
He ruins teams, doesn't make em better.
So, he'll head to NY and play for the Knicks.

Warriors beat Houston in 5. Everybody couldn't wait for this series, so what normally happens? It's a let down..GS in 5. Then GS wins the title again in a easy sweep.

And there you have it folks...in case you can't watch the rest of the playoffs for whatever reasons, I figured I would let you know what your miss. :)

Last edited by Timberwolfs at 05/09/2018 23:33:31

This Post:
294099.7 in reply to 294099.6
Date: 05/16/2018 18:30:02
Risers
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 5 Power Rankings

Big 8

- 1. Fair Where Foes(3-0)

After dismantling Moody and the Risers, Foes scrape a win againt New York.

- 2. Bloomington Bombers(3-0), Seattle Swish(2-1)

Both Seattle and Bloomington defeat VB and NYL. Bloomington played a bit better than Seattle in these games, but they are down in the head-to-head. Seattle lost to Risers prior to the Shah sale. Bloomington picked up a bot win. No change here.

- 4. Brooklynn Beats(1-2)

Bot win.

- 5. Sharks 13(1-2)

Bot win.

Great 8

- 1. Risers(2-1), VB United(1-2)

Risers got bopped by FWF, but picked up a win on Seattle before moving Harvey Shah. Even without Shah, the Risers took care of Sharks 13.

VB lost to Bombers and Swish, but hold onto their spot due to Risers' loss and downgrade. Defeated Brooklyn.

- 3.Shrugging Shlubs(3-0)

Bot schedule. Threatening to overtake the top two teams in their conference.

↓- 4. New York Legends(0-3), Villanova Wildcats(1-2)

NYL had the toughest schedule by far, facing the top three teams in the Big 8. That being said, despite a nailbiter against Fair Where Foes, they lost handedly to the other two teams. They drop for now, but an easy schedule should move them up before the All-Star break.

Decisive win over Brooklyn establishes Villanova as a top 8 team. Slowly becoming a threat for the 4th seed.

- 6. Lob City Music(1-2)

Upset the Sharks.

Last edited by Matt D at 05/16/2018 18:32:10

This Post:
294099.8 in reply to 294099.7
Date: 06/02/2018 03:06:36
Risers
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 7 Power Rankings

Big 8

- 1. Fair Where Foes(2-1)

Despite dropping a game to VB United, the Foes hold on to their rank due to both Bloomington and Seattle not rising to the occasion and staking a claim for the best Big 8 franchise.

- 2. Seattle Swish(2-1), Bloomington Bombers(2-1)

Seattle picked up the expected wins and lost the 3 seed vs 3 seed matchup.

After successfully defeating the upward trending Villanova team and squeezing one against the Shlubs, Bloomington drops a big one against LCM

↑- 4. Sharks 13(1-2), Brooklynn Beats(1-2)

Sharks 13: Bot win. Looked decent in their losses against VB and NYL

Brooklyn Beats: Bot win. Unexpectedly got their asses handed to them by Lob City.

Great 8

-↑ 1. VB United(3-0), Risers(3-0), Shrugging Shlubs(2-1)

VB beats FWF in what perhaps was a preview of what's to come in the future.

Risers > Bots. Who would've guessed?

Shlubs look strong in their challenging schedule. Only dropping a game to the Bombers by 4 points. They're now in the conversation for best team in the Great 8 in my book.

↑- 4. Lob City Music(3-0), New York Legends(3-0)

Lob City Music gets a huge upset over the Bombers, shooting them up the rankings.

NYL wins their three games, but almost lost to Sharks 13.

↓ 6. Villanova Wildcats(0-3)

Toughest schedule by far. Wildcats had the top three teams in the Big 8 to deal with. They dropped all three and fall to the bottom for the time being.

Last edited by Matt D at 06/02/2018 03:11:07

This Post:
294099.9 in reply to 294099.7
Date: 06/11/2018 21:43:35
Risers
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 8.5 Power Rankings

Big 8

- 1. Fair Where Foes (3-0)

FWF defeated Shrugging Shlubs, continues to look strong. Secured playoff spot.

- 2. Seattle Swish(3-0)

Impressive win over Lob City. Secured playoff spot.

↓ 3. Bloomington Bombers(2-1)

Bombers lost to a Risers team that's much weaker than the one Seattle lost to a few weeks ago. Secured playoff spot.

- 4. Sharks 13(1-2), Brooklynn Beats(1-2)

Sharks picked up a crucial win against Beats which keeps them in the playoff hunt.

Beats managed an upset over NYL by 2 points, which gives them some breathing room for the fourth playoff spot.

Great 8

- 1. VB United(3-0), Risers(3-0), Shrugging Shlubs(2-1)

VB handle Lob City. They're right on the Risers tail and are a serious threat to the #1 playoff spot.

Risers pick up important wins against Bloomington and Villanova, keeping the 1st seed for the time being.

Shlubs manage a close game against FWF, but still lose. This isn't necessarily a bad sign and doesn't hurt their Power Ranking, although it does most likely mean they will have a tough playoff run. They also, had a nice win over the Legends.

-↑ 4. New York Legends(1-2), Villanova Wildcats(2-1), Lob City Music(0-3)

NYL suffer a big loss to Brooklyn, putting them in danger of missing the playoffs.

Villanova handled the Sharks. They're one piece away from becoming a contender

LCM had an extremely tough schedule (Seattle, Minnesota, and VB). The games were somewhat within reach. They're also only one piece away from becoming a contender.

Last edited by Matt D at 06/12/2018 20:36:19

This Post:
294099.10 in reply to 294099.9
Date: 06/23/2018 14:00:31
Risers
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 10 Power Rankings

Big 8

- 1. Fair Where Foes(3-0)

Defeat Bombers.

↑ 2. Bloomington Bombers(2-1)

Defeated Seattle and had a decent performance against the Foes. Seems to be one acquisition away from becoming a powerhouse.

↓ 3. Seattle Swish(2-1)

Lost to Bloomington. Could move up to #2 in the rankings, if they perform well against the Foes in the final game of the season.

- 4. Sharks 13(2-1), Brooklynn Beats(1-2)

Sharks defeat some bots.

Brooklynn had a tough schedule.

Great 8

- 1. Risers(2-1), Shrugging Shlubs(2-1), VB United(1-2)

Risers barely managed to defeat VB, but followed it up with a 16 point loss to NYL.

Shlubs had a much easier time defeating VB, but dropped a game to Villanova by 11 points.

VB dropped games to their two biggest competitors, which is not a great sign as we wind down the season.

- 4. New York Legends(3-0)

NYL pick up a massive win against the Risers as well as LCM, and with that has basically locked down the last playoff spot.

↓ 5. Villanova Wildcats(2-1), Lob City Music(2-1)

Wildcats lost to LCM but picked up a huge one against Shlubs.

Lob City defeated Villanova.