BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - III.13 > The Game Engine Blows!!!

The Game Engine Blows!!!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/08/2019 22:10:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Can anyone tell me how I lose a league match where I'm leading by over 20+ points because the game engine helps the other team.

I already have to start the game -minus two players because of injuries in the last league game I player where they were hurt for a week but its been more like two weeks. So I start this game against The Other Guys with only six players. Within the first 2 minutes the game engine eliminates my starting SF with an injury on a foul, who has Wonderous experience. I'm like ok... my other 5 guys are going to have to hold it down.

11 minutes into the game another hard foul and my starting C is injured in the game, so now I'm down to 4 players playing and a lucky fan. They remaining players played well enough to take a 20+ lead in the game, until the 3rd quarter where the game engine foul out my backup SF. So now I'm playing with my 3 remaining players who begin to lose the lead because the lucky fans aren't stopping a damn thing.

In the fourth quarter the game engine claims another and now my starting PF fouls out of the game, and in comes another lucky fan while the other team is burning through the remaining point differential like its butter. I have 3 lucky fans all defending my SF, PF & C positions... I really don't need to explain what happens right, that they're not grabbing rebounds and The Other Guys are getting easy put backs and and ones. So 3 lucky fans, 2 injured starters and 2 players that have fouled out... I'm playing with only 2 players left. After while they tied the game and took the lead with 2 minutes to go... and were still fouling every second.

By games end we lose 117-112 with The Other Guys committing 31 personal fouls to my 19. Now I've played Buzzer Beater for years now and never had anything like this happen to me before, I don't mind losing games... I just don't want to be cheated out of games. my 4-4 win team playing at home with team effort on Normal lose to a 1-7 team on the road, weaker players playing Crunch Time... are you serious!!!

This Post:
300016.2 in reply to 300016.1
Date: 06/09/2019 18:38:00
Llama of Wall Street
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Well your game shape isn’t great , looks like you normal a lot and don’t TIE so your enthusiasm sucks, and you don’t have enough depth. Your players also probably require a bit of stamina with so little depth .

Game engine is weird , but the amount of normals you do makes me think you don’t grasp the importance of enthusiasm and game shape.

Food for thought , consider the source .

This Post:
300016.3 in reply to 300016.2
Date: 06/11/2019 10:20:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Trust me I do understand the importance of game shape, stamina and enthusiasm. I have a young team and would like them to win enough games to not regulate this season so the games that seem winnable I have been playing the normal to sort of seal the deal. With a young team I need to get off to a good start on the season or at least average to not regulate.

This Post:
300016.4 in reply to 300016.3
Date: 06/11/2019 10:21:50
Overall Posts Rated:
I've had my moment now... I feel better =)