Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
304885.4 in reply to 304885.3
Date: 06/05/2020 07:37:57
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
For about the last ten " seaaons" I had become known in III.5 for a little something i did for each game night i called buzzer beater tonight stylized as BB2NIGHT. It was a self indulgent cliched cornball exercise. but guys liked it and it was a good excuse for me to turn people onto gopd tunes i thouhht fit the symbolism of the proceedings, and i also self discovered tunes i missed back when i did a deep cut aor themed radio show back about 10 years ago. though it seems kind of silly to do you know in the presence of a actual PUBLISHED author. plus ive run into having a whole lot on my plate and its seen hard to come up with the time and energy to crank this out.

So to Jason i got a challenge, I will come up with the tunes, you come up with the prose.

cue: https://youtu.be/MiBfhFvJdvc

though to be honest last night in order to put my mind in the proper perspective for this daunting challenge my club faces I went looking for clips for a movie that i gave been meaning to watvh in full for many a moon and discovered it is now available in full for free. https://youtu.be/V1iMl6xz774 yeah seems about right.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 06/05/2020 07:41:04

This Post:
304885.5 in reply to 304885.4
Date: 06/05/2020 07:59:51
Arizona Desert Storm
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:

So to Jason i got a challenge, I will come up with the tunes, you come up with the prose.

Ohh man, barely here 5 minutes and you're putting me to work! I'll see what I can come up with

Last edited by Jason at 06/05/2020 08:00:15

This Post:
304885.6 in reply to 304885.5
Date: 06/06/2020 14:14:32
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:

Ohh man, barely here 5 minutes and you're putting me to work! I'll see what I can come up with :/

you don't want me to put you to work! how would you like to go ahead and load on 150 piece mattress, truck sound like fun?!?

This Post:
304885.7 in reply to 304885.6
Date: 06/06/2020 14:20:47
Arizona Desert Storm
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
you don't want me to put you to work! how would you like to go ahead and load on 150 piece mattress, truck sound like fun?!?

No thanks...I'd rather binge watch the Hallmark Channel...then again, I would rather binge watch the Hallmark channel than doing most things :-)

This Post:
304885.8 in reply to 304885.7
Date: 06/06/2020 16:30:49
Arizona Desert Storm
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Season 50: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe_iCkFsQKE)

Announcer: Welcome to the Party! The 50th season of BuzzerBeater gets underway tonight! The II.3 league could be considered NBBA-Lite with 7 of the 16 teams having previously played in the games top division!

Sponsor: Sesame street who is also celebrating their 50th season 😊 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTNHEpXULc) For those of you that like a more R-rated welcome, this is for you: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpIbiFmY60)

The Blue Crew (but not because they are sad)

Four of the five returning Big 8 teams have previously played in the NBBA…the 5th, the Ballstars were the conferences #1 seed last season. New to the division are the Footpath Leapers who might be passing through as they go through a rebuild…but you never know, led by Footpath, their strategy could change quickly, and they could become a contender overnight. The Greensboro Generals won 21 games last season having one of the best records in all of D3, earning their promotion to D2. The Arizona Desert Storm were 0-4 and dead last in the conference when they completed their rebuild, moving all the way to the 2nd seed and upsetting #1 seed and a 21 game winner enroute to the Finals and another upset victory to promote.

The Red Corner (Red hot, but not mad bro)

Returning is a former NBBA team led by an elite Manager in Rambo, the New York Jests. The other returnees are a handful of D2 Stallworth’s! Several teams looking to break through to the NBBA for the first time indicates a very competitive season for that side of the league. Joining the 6 veteran upper division teams are two teams making it the D2 for the first time! Both 10th Mountaineers and Bullets forever went 18-4 last season to claim 1st seed worked there way through the bracket to win their league championships and promote!

Announcer: Should be a great start to the season, and the next couple of weeks should be telling in terms of what each teams goal is for the season and how competitive this league will be, that at least initially looks brutally tough. Good luck to all!

Last edited by Jason at 06/06/2020 16:33:32

This Post:
304885.9 in reply to 304885.8
Date: 06/07/2020 08:02:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Passing through is correct. This is the toughest Division 2, I did not want to demote to this one, will make the rebuild that more difficult.

Good luck to all.

This Post:
304885.10 in reply to 304885.8
Date: 06/09/2020 14:58:20
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Season 50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe_iCkFsQKE

Announcer: Welcome to the Party! The 50th season of BuzzerBeater gets underway tonight! The II.3 league could be considered NBBA-Lite with 7 of the 16 teams having previously played in the games top division!

Sponsor: Sesame street who is also celebrating their 50th season 😊 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTNHEpXULc For those of you that like a more R-rated welcome, this is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpIbiFmY60

The Blue Crew (but not because they are sad)

Four of the five returning Big 8 teams have previously played in the NBBA…the 5th, the Ballstars were the conferences #1 seed last season. New to the division are the Footpath Leapers who might be passing through as they go through a rebuild…but you never know, led by Footpath, their strategy could change quickly, and they could become a contender overnight. The Greensboro Generals won 21 games last season having one of the best records in all of D3, earning their promotion to D2. The Arizona Desert Storm were 0-4 and dead last in the conference when they completed their rebuild, moving all the way to the 2nd seed and upsetting #1 seed and a 21 game winner enroute to the Finals and another upset victory to promote.

The Red Corner (Red hot, but not mad bro)

Returning is a former NBBA team led by an elite Manager in Rambo, the New York Jests. The other returnees are a handful of D2 Stallworth’s! Several teams looking to break through to the NBBA for the first time indicates a very competitive season for that side of the league. Joining the 6 veteran upper division teams are two teams making it the D2 for the first time! Both 10th Mountaineers and Bullets forever went 18-4 last season to claim 1st seed worked there way through the bracket to win their league championships and promote!

Announcer: Should be a great start to the season, and the next couple of weeks should be telling in terms of what each teams goal is for the season and how competitive this league will be, that at least initially looks brutally tough. Good luck to all!

excellent work, just too much going on to do it myself. hope you can turn away from hallmarks movie of the weak to set the table for tonight.

This Post:
304885.11 in reply to 304885.10
Date: 06/09/2020 23:56:06
Arizona Desert Storm
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow! Ballstars score 31 combined points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter...but then score 51 in the 4th to force OT. WOW!

This Post:
304885.12 in reply to 304885.11
Date: 06/10/2020 08:47:33
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
ok I'm on the board in the win column.... but losing my ass at the turnstile! Looks like i missed the boat entirely with my ticket prices and totally overestimated what the sheeple are willing to pay. plus i am carrying half a mill in payroll plus 50k worth of staff. i did not think i would sell out at the numbers i was asking but i thought at least i would draw a decent gate, but its Early so im not going to hit the panic button just yet.

This Post:
304885.13 in reply to 304885.12
Date: 06/12/2020 21:33:40
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:

cue: https://youtu.be/yydNF8tuVmU

your opening montage consist of the high quality competitors crushing down dunks, drilling threes, dishing dimes along with examples of the stout defenses keeping opponents in line.

announcer: after the opening week of action the pecking order is being established. tonight we move one more step in separating the contenders from the pretenders.

in the big blue wrecking crew....

the cacti face a cats club desperate to claw out of a esrly hole

while the other grand canyon club the storm see the generals come to town seeking to validate their existence.

ballstars look to drop the dime on delta nine to keep pace with the two arizona clubs

and the leapers look to gain their first win against a Iguana club seeking to stay in the early discussion

over in club red....

the tigers will try to tame the jests

the bullets look to bump off the mountaineers

advent and exile are looking to better extend their fortunes

and the pistons seek to show the love no love

tonight we look at why the generals are already looking for financial help from above

sybil the soothsayer will be here to give her projections on who is going to be pushed and on who will shove

plus tonights point/counterpoint will discuss what the upcoming rule changes to counteract the over effective nature of inside offenses will consist of.

so no matter if you approve of where your team sits or if you feel the need to improve we will help you get back your groove as its time again for BB2NIGHT!!!

This Post:
304885.14 in reply to 304885.12
Date: 06/13/2020 19:49:11
Arizona Cacti
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
...losing my ass at the turnstile! Looks like i missed the boat entirely with my ticket prices and totally overestimated what the sheeple are willing to pay

Unfortunately, this is one of the disadvantages of promoting without winning your league. That adrenaline fueled parade and the ensuing ticket purchasing frenzy by Greensboro fans does not occur. Sure, you do get to come up here and hang out with us wonderful folks but the ticket sales are more comparable to a good regular season where you remained in the same league you been in the previous season.

And as it is, I think that superboost only lasts for the first third of the season anyway.

Advertisement