BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
Message deleted
This Post:
307185.3 in reply to 307185.1
Date: 12/18/2020 01:19:40
Kingston Frontenacs
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Well....

In the light of our minimal activity here in the forums and only one other candidate, I'll put my name in the pot. If not so much to actually get the position as to attempt to drum up some interest in it so that we don't have an empty election!

I will open by acknowledging that I am not the best fit for this position. I do not have the necessary competitive BB experience to lead a U21 team to any level of success similar to what NBA_4_Fun and other past U21 coaches have achieved. As such, I cannot promise 2 seasons of excellent results.

What I can promise is to take Canada U21 in a more community-oriented direction. Both because I lack the experience to properly run a U21 team on my own and because I believe that building a managerial team and Canada U21 community is the best way to create a successful U21 organization, I want to focus on involving the Canadian community with Canada U21.

If elected, I will immediately focus on communication and building a scouting and decision-making team from Canadian managers who are experienced and interested in taking Canada U21 to the next level. I will create both an onsite forum for general communications to the Canadian community as a whole and an offsite private Discord designed solely for those specifically interested in discussing Canada U21 on the tactical and planning scale. This communication platform will serve as an opportunity for the community to have a say in match-day tactics. This will both help Canada U21 win some games because of community based scouting and hopefully make the community feel involved with the team and boost support. It will also provide a location to do player scouting, planning, and organizing in such a way that the team direction is not entirely reset if the manager changes every 2 years. Hopefully, we will be able to jointly scout all potential U21 players and build plans for U21 teams up to 4 seasons down the road.

I want to build interest, excitement, and involvement in Canada U21 for Canadian managers and the best way to do this is to directly involve and communicate with the managers who are interested in the team. I believe that Canada U21 is not just about building a team of players. It is about building a team of managers who will jointly guide the future of the U21 in the next 2 seasons and also in future planning as well. Together, we will put together a cohesive plan to ensure that no U21 candidate players fall through the cracks. We will engage as many managers in training for the U21 as possible/as are interested. We will guide Canada U21 through international competitions and build strength in community which will ensure a consistent future direction for this team.

If this sounds right to you, lend me your vote and lets get building this collaborative project together!

This Post:
307185.4 in reply to 307185.3
Date: 12/19/2020 14:13:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Both my club teams are somewhat on auto pilot. One more season and my B team will be mounting a charge up through the divisions.

I have no idea what the current crop of Canadian U21 looks like, but in two seasons I'd like to leave the next in line something more to work with.