BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - II.3 > whatcha gonna do when season 52 comes down on you!

whatcha gonna do when season 52 comes down on you!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307501.8 in reply to 307501.7
Date: 12/29/2020 16:54:56
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
cue: https://youtu.be/p15sNOBBp-4

your opening montage is solid game action of a highly frenetic nature to reflect the tenor of the opening theme.

Announcer: tonight we continue with the nightly grind. This looks to be a season where there will not be many nights off as it seems every team is taking their best measure to make their top push. The question is who will be able to best make moves and who will find their finances are a hinderance.

In club red

deronimo will need to put their best foot forward to get past the nightmare

monsters and tigers tangle in a battle between two teams riding the highwire act.

love seeks to knock the ice man from the ranks of the unbeaten

and the falcons are trying to see if they can fly the coop of the cellar with the bullets coming to town

in big blue

ballstars went bot, while a couple of mainstays are still on the roster for the moment lituanica should have their way with them

the iguanas continue to make core improvements while the generals are struggling with having the short stack financially

delta seeks to deal with the surprisingly winless borg

and in a battle for the top of the table the storm looks to hold home serve against the vastly improved chunks

sybil will have her say. New editions of Alfred's angle and Lee's way are forthcoming. The transfer ticker looks about ready to explode and we will look further into what caused the stars to suddenly implode. So don't get stuck on the commode as it's time again for BB2NIGHT

This Post:
307501.9 in reply to 307501.8
Date: 12/29/2020 18:55:26
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand these announcements. I thought we were playing Candy Crush...

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
307501.10 in reply to 307501.9
Date: 01/05/2021 16:23:49
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand these announcements. I thought we were playing Candy Crush...
:?

Cue: https://youtu.be/o5vFvt3fJpw

tonight's opening montage dishes up some delicious on court concoctions!

Announcer: For some the season has thus far been sweet, sour for others and sometimes bitter as well. Let's see what the tastes are for our competitors after this evening.

Over in big blue....

the chunks look to keep pace with those in the upper division while the borgs continue to look for their first taste of victory.

the storm gets to savor the delight of a free pass against the bot ballstars

delta looks to dish our defeat to the visiting generals

and BC looks to feast on BBQed iguana

in club red....

love looks for a recipe to get off the schnide against visiting nightmare

the tigers look to take a bite out of deronimo

The bullets will look to melt the red hot ice

and the falcons will look to cook the monsters goose to get back to the break even mark

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. Alfred and Lee will give their lowdown on what is going to befall and the transfer ticker will recount who is making moves and who is apt to sputter and stall. So get ready to ball as it's time again for BB2night

This Post:
307501.11 in reply to 307501.10
Date: 01/08/2021 21:46:02
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/UcpkUNqrjQU

Tonight's opening montage consist of the silly and the surreal. madcap hijinx commence.

Announcer: in what in many ways has already turned into a strange season twist thru the final matchups for the first foray in conference play.

in big blue...

the Borg is looking for answers, the iguanas seek to avoid probing any

the generals get a chance to coast against the ballstars, they hope.

the storm looks to take a stranglehold on the top spot but the niners will look to bring them back towards the pack

and the same exact scenario is in play as the chunks visit BC

Over yonder in club red. .

the tigers look to try and put themselves back closer to playoff contention against the bullets

the falcons will look to fly the coop of the cellar against love

while deronimo looks to avoid the deep freeze of dropping to the cellar with a road trip to ice

and the night mare and monsters matchup in a battle with potential meaning down the line in terms of playoff seeding.

Sybil stares deep into her crystal ball. we will have a check of the transfer ticker. Al and Lee are always good for a snicker so don't go anywhere because the plot is about to get thicker as it's time again for BB2NIGHT

This Post:
307501.12 in reply to 307501.11
Date: 01/12/2021 17:34:08
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/8O_-b1sAY6c

Tonight's opening montage just goes with the groove man, run with it bruh.

Announcer: tonight the schedule hits into high gear as it's the start of inter conference competition where each side of the ledger gets to see just where they stand relative to the other. This evening club red host the festivities in the battle to see what side will reign supreme.

The generals get the unpleasant experience of dealing with the nightmare.

Ice and the Borg battle in matchup between the two teams at complete opposite ends of the specture.

the iguanas drop in to pay a visit down in the valley against deronimo

the monsters get to freely maul on the bot ballstars

delta deals with a road trip to face the love

in the matchup of the leagues biggest surprises the tigers look to tame top standing BC

bullets and chunks come together in a battle between teams trying to stay above the break even mark

and the falcons continue to look to find their wings though doing so with the storm rolling thru town is never a easy task

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. We will check out the latest league transactions on the transfer ticker. A look at upcoming cup matchups is also on the way and Alfred and Lee will get you ready for the stay, so let's get ready for anther great night of play as it's time again for BB2NIGHT!!!

This Post:
307501.13 in reply to 307501.12
Date: 01/16/2021 17:23:32
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/QdTne_STM-I

When in doubt, or when time constraints dictate, just go for the funkyness of Eumir and you can never go wrong.

Announcer: Tonight the clash between the conferences continues as we are in that part of the schedule where teams often are deciding what is more important, league or cup, and it is those decisions which often color the results for any given evening. In the opening salvo club red held serve winning five of the eight matchups. Tonight we change to big blue venues, lets see how the change in scenery impacts the results.

Since the chunks are out of the cup they can let it all hang out for the league, while the nightmare still has to navigate those roads.

love takes a trip to the desert to face the always formidable storm

the falcons will finally be put in a position to fly the coop with bot ballstars on tap.

niners and ice meet up in a intriguing matchup

the iguanas are out of the cup process while the tigers still have a heartbeat in that regard so I expect both sides to spend efforts in that manner appropriately

the borg looks to bounce out of the cellar while deronimo is desperately seeking to avoid ending up there

BC is still in the cup conversation while bullets has spent their shot, how this influences matters will be interesting

and the short handed generals will have to decide what is more important, an extra 50k or trying to put themselves in position to stay in the rarified air of d2, the decisions of each game have distinct impact on both those fronts.

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. We will review the transactions of the transfer ticker. and of course Alfred and Lee will find something to bicker over. So don't touch that dial! We are about the bring it all to you in style as it's time again for BB2NIGHT!

This Post:
307501.14 in reply to 307501.13
Date: 01/16/2021 19:49:44
Cyborgs
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Brawlers
Always enjoy League forum game time takes on the games.... keep up the great work always fun and entertaining.... and yes the Borgs need to get out of the cellar.... we are competitive just need to find a way to get the W

This Post:
307501.15 in reply to 307501.14
Date: 01/17/2021 08:48:48
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
you got one last night, much to the chagrin of my former long time league mate from my d3 days.

Don't know how I managed to scheme that one last night. Copeland still on the shelf, did not factor Taylor into the lineup, Caraccicolo fouled out after 18 minutes and Lousteau laying more bricks than a habitat house. Yet we stayed close, Lousteau got hot in the final minutes, the last five minutes were bonkers with the lead changing hands practically on every possession. Lousteau with a little runner with four seconds left for the winner with the monsters running out of time without getting off a shot. Somebody get Harry Kalas or better yet John Facenda back from the grave https://youtu.be/-5JN8b1bU_U

This Post:
307501.16 in reply to 307501.15
Date: 01/19/2021 11:34:24
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Cue: https://youtu.be/6An7KGK6U3c

Tonight's opening montage focuses on the one on one matchups with the emphasis on the physicality of those matchups. The jostling down on the blocks, players setting up/fighting off screens etc.

Announcer: As we near the midpoint of the campaign the battle could not be more even as discounting the results from the free pass that BALLSTARS represent for club red the ledger is completely even.

Tonight we have matchups across the board that will continue to show where each side is standing.

BC and nightmare knock heads as the visitors look to solidify their standing and the host have their eye on their sides top slot

and the same scenario plays out between storm and ice though with the roles reversed

Deronimo desires to get out of the cellar but delta has designs on becoming more a factor in the big 8 title race

the chunks visit the monsters with both teams sitting on that fence between relevance and relegation

the iguanas and bullets also battle in a matchup between teams in the same position

love gets the free lap against the stars

the borg and the tigers tussle to try and stay clear of their respective cellars

and the generals go to visit the falcons in a potential preview of relegation series to come

Sybil will seer into her crystal ball. Alfred and Lee get us ready to ball. Of course the happenings on the transfer ticker will always give us a future indicator on how things might fall and much more is on call. So settle on in as it's time again for......BB2NIGHT!

This Post:
307501.17 in reply to 307501.16
Date: 01/19/2021 21:51:26
Cyborgs
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Brawlers
UGH !!!!!! Another game another loss just right there every game..... just need to find a way to get over the hump...

This Post:
307501.18 in reply to 307501.17
Date: 01/21/2021 22:54:26
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
well at least your still in the cup. In fact all of you who were entering tonight still are....except me :( and I went down in the cruelest manner possible, the proverbial "Dusty finish" as I like to call it where the game is decided by a foul called as time expires. It has happened to me in the cup alone I think at least 4 times, maybe 6. Seems every 6-8 seasons a kick in the nuts like that happens to my squad.

But even though our cup run is done, I do have a invested pulling interest in next week's shenanigans. You see the old rival, the team the generals have literally played to 50 times before, your friend and mine Deronimo will visit the Raleigh Senators managed by my childhood friend Coach Thompson who I literally have know for in essence 50 years ! Proving once again, much as Marin and the designers think all of this is random, this game is sentenent and has a mind of its own. but hey hokied, at least your team will save on travel costs amiright?

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 01/21/2021 22:56:45

Advertisement