This Post:
308488.2 in reply to 308488.1
Date: 03/23/2021 07:55:10
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
After two seasons in the job I'd like to nominate myself to take on the position again.
We had a solid run over the last two seasons, moving up the world rankings from 20th to 15th in that time and making it into the knock-out stages of the Consolation Cup.
We have a really solid squad together at the moment but pleasingly we have some great prospects starting to push through, particularly in the guard area.

You may have noticed I'm using WE a lot. I've tried over the past two seasons to work with managers as much as possible and keep the lines of communication as open as possible to try and help managers with potential NT players on their rosters to develop them to meet the needs of the team hopefully without holding their own side's progress back.
I've also made a point of reaching out to newer players to Buzzerbeater to offer start up tips. Essentially the more successfully new players are to the game in getting set up, the more likely they are to persist with the game and the stronger our Aussie talent pool becomes. I plan to keep doing this as much as possible.

I've also been running a side project to accurately collate the statistics of every Aussie National player to have ever stepped on the court and as of tonight that will be updated to the end of season 52. I've been working on this because the leaderboards in the game only show the top-10 for each skill and after 50 seasons there will be managers who've had players who may not have played enough seasons to feature that high, but I figure they'd love to know where their guy stacks up against the best of the best.

My goal is to build on the enthusiasm for both the game of Buzzerbeater and the National program in Australia. We've got a great team of managers feeding into the National program right now and I thank them for their support over the last two seasons. With their help, plus others in the community, I'd love to try to continue to push this little Aussie side even higher (and add a bit of colour and fun along the way).

If you have any questions feel free to shoot them through to me or post them in the Election Debate thread, but I hope I've shown over the last two seasons that I'm up for the challenge and built enough faith in the community to keep building on what we're doing.

Bring on Season 53!