BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Singapore > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
310814.2 in reply to 310814.1
Date: 07/02/2021 21:26:39
SaungHninPwint
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Want to know about talent upgrading program.
Who wanna handle U21 please explain about what you can do for talent?
Please!!!!

This Post:
310814.3 in reply to 310814.2
Date: 07/03/2021 03:41:38
Kharkov Tigers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Utopia Tigers
Want to know about talent upgrading program.
Who wanna handle U21 please explain about what you can do for talent?
Please!!!!

the only thing that can be done is speaking with the managers. trying to convince them to train or to sell talent players. helping with training program, explaining training hints. and advertising of the players on the transfer list
this doesn't help on 100%. some managers don't even read BB-mails. some don't hear you and don't train players or train them as they want. but in some cases this really help

This Post:
310814.4 in reply to 310814.2
Date: 07/03/2021 09:41:52
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you SHP for bringing this up. Here is an overview on the U21 and my plans:

Background of the U21
Currently, our U21 acts as a stepping stone to the NT. As most of us are aware, not long ago, our senior NT were filled with veterans. Our senior NT lacked continuity, hence apart from several young talents here and there trained by experienced trainers, most of the senior NT featured players who were aged 30 and above. Finally, a few seasons back, I managed to form a solid partnership with the current NT coach, LDS, and we started to kick off the NT development plan, which can be found here: (307639.1).

Where we are at now
Our U21 pool is split into two categories: future NT players and U21 players. Future NT players are those which have a potential of MVP and above, while U21 players are those with superstar potential and below. It's necessary to split the database into two categories because they both have different training aims. Players who fall in the U21 player category are trained in a way that they peak at 21 years old. Hence, it mainly consists of training up primary skills as high as possible to create more single dimensioned players. The players in the Future NT player group however, while they are trained in ways that allow them to qualify for the U21, but once they hit 21, their training plans will be more focused on allowing them to have a smoother transition into the senior NT. This way, we can prepare high potential players for the senior NT without compromising the quality of the U21.

Moving forward
While I still prioritize the transition of future NT players from the U21 to the senior NT, I have not forgotten the U21. I'm pretty sure the community knows that at the end of the season, I will always call up a provisional U21 squad. The main reason for this is to monitor the progress of players more closely, and also see how well their managers communicate with me. As Tiger mentioned, some managers don't even read BB-mails. Hence one of the aims of the provisional squad is to gauge how responsive the manager is. This has helped our team maintaining good game shape throughout the season for the last few seasons, which was a problem that plagued our U21 when I first stepped up to take the job. Just to put things into perspective: the current U21 roster is slightly different from last season's provisional squad. While some players were dropped due to other players having a better fit than them and me looking to trim the squad, there were also players who were dropped because their managers were not communicative enough and fell behind the target in terms of minute management and training. Hence, communication has rarely been a problem for me, be it with local or foreign managers.

What I will be doing
The way I work is simple:
1. Extensive scouting: I actually have a database of all the active Singaporean players aged 21 and below, and keep track on their progress from time to time, more extensively before/after off-seasons, where I discuss with their managers on their player's training plans. A micronation like us can't afford to leave any stones unturned, and there is where I excel at (also recently with the help of LDS in locating the Utopian draftees).
2. Personalized training plans: Training is my forte. While generally I do not interfere much with the training of experienced SBBL managers (unless their training plans aren't good enough, which rarely is the case) and managers who are currently training 22 year old or older senior NT prospects, I have training plans set up for the players in the database. These training plans are all tried and tested formulas, as I have done a lot of reading on training. All that is left is to monitor their progress and make sure they stay on track.

This Post:
310814.5 in reply to 310814.4
Date: 07/03/2021 11:20:47
SaungHninPwint
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Last 6 seasons we gave you chance already. :(

This Post:
310814.6 in reply to 310814.5
Date: 07/03/2021 22:54:26
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
It's understandable. After all, we want what's best for this country. So it's up to everyone to apply their judgement on who is the best person to vote for.

This Post:
310814.7 in reply to 310814.6
Date: 07/03/2021 23:02:37
SaungHninPwint
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck bro. I hope you will get chance again.

This Post:
310814.8 in reply to 310814.7
Date: 07/04/2021 01:26:23
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks bro. Regardless of what happens, let's hope it is for the best for our U21 :D

This Post:
310814.9 in reply to 310814.4
Date: 07/04/2021 02:52:41
Kharkov Tigers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Utopia Tigers
Where we are at now
Our U21 pool is split into two categories: future NT players and U21 players. Future NT players are those which have a potential of MVP and above, while U21 players are those with superstar potential and below. It's necessary to split the database into two categories because they both have different training aims. Players who fall in the U21 player category are trained in a way that they peak at 21 years old. Hence, it mainly consists of training up primary skills as high as possible to create more single dimensioned players. The players in the Future NT player group however, while they are trained in ways that allow them to qualify for the U21, but once they hit 21, their training plans will be more focused on allowing them to have a smoother transition into the senior NT. This way, we can prepare high potential players for the senior NT without compromising the quality of the U21.

but, as i see, now in the squad only one 21yo player with potential less then 9. so, high potential players still trains into U21, despite splitting into two categories, and low potential players don't get enough training... i know, it is very difficult to convince managers to train low potential players and 19yo players (when they comes 19yo from the draft). and it is very difficult to sell them...

This Post:
310814.10 in reply to 310814.9
Date: 07/04/2021 11:45:24
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
It's a hit or miss, but I don't find it any more difficult to convince people to train lower potential players. I've seen a few all-stars come into the U21 in my current tenure, and even more in my last account (not including those which had asterisks haha). Plus, I've also come managers who despite getting talents that are MVP and HoF, and declined to train them properly or resell them (I don't even know why they bothered to buy the player in the first place).

I'm pretty sure you know very well, having taken care of micronations, that our rosters are highly reliant on what is drafted. If you look back at the match history of our U21, you'd find out that last season, we had quite a few 21 year olds who were below 9 potential, while the season before that, we had a lot of MVP and above potentials. Season 51 however, saw majority of the players have less than MVP potential. So rather than meeting more people who only wanting to train high potential players, it's more of a "I'll take what's available".

But as to why high potential players still train into U21, you should reread the paragraph you quoted:
The players in the Future NT player group however, while they are trained in ways that allow them to qualify for the U21, but once they hit 21, their training plans will be more focused on allowing them to have a smoother transition into the senior NT.

We haven't reached the stage where we can totally save MVP and above players for the senior NT while all star and below are solely trained for the NT. Therefore for these players, I'd need to strike a balance between their final product. So far it's been working pretty fine thankfully.