BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Small change to playoff format

Small change to playoff format

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/28/2021 4:53:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thinking about this because I lost in the first round of the playoffs. I only got 1 playoff game this year while the one who finished 5th in the conference is getting at least 2. This might seem like not a big deal but that second and maybe even third game for the 5th seed will make them some extra money so right now, assuming the win total for 4th and 5th in the conference aren't that much different I think it might actually be better to finish 5th in the conference than 4th so you can make some extra money in the playoffs.
I think that is weird. So I would like to suggest an extra game between the two teams that lose in the first round of the playoffs to determine who finished 3rd that year and who finishes 4th. And maybe an extra game or series between the 3rd places of each conference and the 4th places of each conference. This wil make winning more profitable and I think would make it a better system.

Other option could be to give the teams who made the playoffs but don't get to the finals a fixed amount of prize money for making the playoffs.

This Post:
311649.3 in reply to 311649.2
Date: 9/29/2021 9:05:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see what you mean. Than it might be better to change that 3rd game to a 3 game series, like the normal playoff finals. Or play the 3rd game on sunday like the 3rd game of the finals would be. Or just let it be a second game only and let the inter conference game go.

You are right that no risk of being relegated is worth something and that fan bases are happier about this. And that you probably won't start plannning fot it soon. But I still think that it would be better to at least add 1 more game for the first round losers because now you pay full week salaries for 1 game. It's a small issue (even though issue might be a big word for this). But still.