Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/17/2022 17:52:12
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I'd like to know your opinion about the best tactic to be used when you've a balance team in JS/IS excluding C where you've high SB. high ID, PASS and OD but low IS. If you attack inside the IS of that C is a big malus so which may be the best alternative?

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
315226.2 in reply to 315226.1
Date: 07/17/2022 22:05:27
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Its certainly not a perfect fit for you. However, with Princeton my center gets about 30% less usage shots/assists/turnovers then PG thru PF get.

You want to have JS/JR on positions 1-4 and high passing everywhere. Although center tends to not get a lot of offensive looks even if he has low passing. The fact that your center has high passing it will mean he won't be caught taking a bad shot nearly as often as my centers do.

To give you any idea my centers often an average usage of 13%

SO for example an average score-line for my starting centers would be

30 Minutes: 7 FGA 2 Assists 1 Turnover (Rebounds and Blocks very depending on which big I play as one is more defensive)

Hope this helps. At the very least its a decent tactic to switch to if you play LI a lot because it will strike people out who try to game prep inside and fast pace.

Cheers! Best of Luck!

The doctor is in...
This Post:
315226.3 in reply to 315226.2
Date: 07/18/2022 02:21:18
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I think that to use princeton I would need good levels of JR. It may be a solution to play 3-2 and move the C to P position, maybe...

To: ned
This Post:
315226.4 in reply to 315226.3
Date: 07/18/2022 04:31:29
Overall Posts Rated:
If your center has good enough passing(12+ for div.II would be enough) you can use him at PG when you play inside tactics and switch his defensive assignment so he can guard opponent's C or PF, meanwhile you put your SF or your guard with the highest IS at PF, again switching the defensive match-up in order for your Guard/SF to guard one of your opponent's Guards or the SF .

Another great way to use your big man with low IS is playing reverse patient while putting your best scorer(highest JS+DR+IS combination) at C or PF and keeping your C at PG(again you switch the defensive assignments). You will need good passing by the whole team in order to get the most out of reverse patient since it's a very slow tactic that hunts the best offensive miss match in every possession.

The more obvious option is to play an outside tactic, preferably RnG or Princeton because Motion tends to give your C a decent amount of drives/lay-ups/dunks where his low IS will lead to a lot of misses(although his high passing will decrease the amount of bad shots), with your C playing at C while using your usual defensive match-ups.

If I had to rate these offenses I would say LI with your C at PG is the best and about the 2nd and 3rd best it depends on the situation and your players' skillsets but since you prefer playing inside the reverse patient would be the 2nd best option and an outside offense the 3rd best.

I hope I was helpful.

To: zzz
This Post:
315226.5 in reply to 315226.4
Date: 07/18/2022 05:22:28
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Yeah, thanks you too. I'm just afraid to lose something in rebound cause I often play 3-2 but if I wanna distribute the shoots to all the other players I've to avoid isolations. I wonder about not choose at all any tactic.

To: ned
This Post:
315226.6 in reply to 315226.5
Date: 07/18/2022 05:34:33
Overall Posts Rated:
You don't have to worry about rebounding, as I said you can switch the defensive match-up in order for your C to guard opponent's big man so he can fight for the defensive rebounds. Now about offensive rebounds it's true that you will miss out since your C will be outside the paint almost all the time on offence but it's worth it if you want to attack inside since having him at C with low IS will create a bigger problem.