Additional Season Accolades

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/23/2022 22:05:42
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, I don't really feel like going through pages of threads to find out so apologies if this has been suggested.

Currently the only Season Accolades we have is the MVP of your league, which obviously is the most important/prestigious.

Would it be feasible to include any of the below:

First team (like First team All NBA)
6th man of the year
Rookie of the year
Defensive player of the year

I'm not familiar with coding, or what would go into achieving this. In the way of benefits I'd say it could possibly:

Provide another set of goals for managers
Increase attachment to home-grown players
Add another layer of competition within leagues

Please let me know your thoughts, or any other suggestions associated with this. If you've voted "Not needed" can you please explain below why? Thanks!

Last edited by Solesky at 07/23/2022 22:28:18

Poll:  Could/Should we add more Accolades to Buzzerbeater Leagues?

Yes
No
Not needed

This Post:
315268.3 in reply to 315268.1
Date: 07/24/2022 02:27:25
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree.

The more achievements your players are capable of getting, the more you feel realized for them too (and the work/time you've put into developing/achieving sucess with them).

I would add top scorer, top rebounder, top assister, top stealer and top blocker with their own trophies, to be shown in the players page (and history, of course) (Edit: Also a Playoff MVP). There's not enough love for our hard-trained players, especially visually

Like you mentioned these could also be achievements of the managers to get (x points/rebounds/assists/steals/blocks in a game, x points/rebounds/assists/steals/blocks in a quarter, reaching stages of certain competitions, getting an all-star, getting an MVP, getting top scorer, etc).

As for competition, obviously first get the BBM to count in player/team histories.
If possible to add in the calendar, a League Cup (just for 4 games, a cup within the league to be won by a team of said league, this would be nice to create bigger rivalries in-league and also to have (in theory) a "winnable" trophy every year).

It would also be nice to have the player of the year within your own team, if possible. It would be nice to have a place where to remember your "best" players and the ones who contributed to the club's success over the seasons. All stuff that adds value to the experience/playing, I believe

Last edited by Moresbi at 07/24/2022 06:05:24

This Post:
315268.4 in reply to 315268.1
Date: 07/24/2022 10:19:10
Hortatus
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
In my opinion they would become as untrue as the MVP, the ASG summons, such as the rankings of Points, Rebounds and Assists.
We always talk about a game where the overwhelming number of players you coach play outside their preferred position or where they would perform better.
Now tell me how do you reward a Rookie if you have to make him play as a winger instead of play to train him?

Unfortunately the way of coaching here is BuzzerBeater greatly limits this type of statistics and prizes.. which would return a low replica of the reality of the facts..

Anche tu a caccia di "Riconoscimenti"?! Vieni in federazione: Achievements hunters (fedid=19269) (solo per supporter, se non lo sei e hai dubbi chiedi pure, spero di poter esserti di aiuto)